General video game chat

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

I did Everquest up until the WoW pre-order was available. Can't say I've played a less forgiving game. Expect maybe Jaws on Nintendo.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I wish I had time to play more games, there are tons of new and old RPGs that are interesting. A lot of the old online games have been shut down or deserted by now though which is unfortunate. Star Wars Galaxies always seemed cool but I never got to play it before it was shut down. Shadowbane is gone too IIRC - that game had potential to be amazing.

Later EverQuest and EQ2 expansions also have added cool stuff and I think they're both still running but dunno if anyone is really playing.
troyguitar

I wonder: Given how powerful cell phones are these days, are there any good RPG/adventure type games on android yet? (Besides gameboy emulators)
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I don't really have the time to dedicate to any MMORPG. 10 years ago I did. Hell, I've got characters that have more time logged into them than girls I was dating in my 20's. I want to say when the first expansion came out my Rogue had close to 90 days logged into it. That was before the time of alts when you put ALL of your time into your main and only really had alts for extra bag space.

Now, I'd have to say that even though I loved the grind of Vanilla since you appreciated everything you worked for, I'd rather a more quick in and out game since I'm nearly 40 and don't want to deal with putting in a ton of time.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I miss my days in Asherons Call... Such vast land mass. To this day I can't say I've had more fun with a game.
MechWarrior 2 on mplayer is up there too.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote:I don't really have the time to dedicate to any MMORPG. 10 years ago I did. Hell, I've got characters that have more time logged into them than girls I was dating in my 20's. I want to say when the first expansion came out my Rogue had close to 90 days logged into it. That was before the time of alts when you put ALL of your time into your main and only really had alts for extra bag space.

Now, I'd have to say that even though I loved the grind of Vanilla since you appreciated everything you worked for, I'd rather a more quick in and out game since I'm nearly 40 and don't want to deal with putting in a ton of time.
:word:

I used to play games from 11PM to 3AM most nights during middle and high school, then be at school at 7:30 NFG. College I just didn't go to class much... :derp:

Then I started getting serious about guitar which meant no more free time. Add car shit and a house and fiancée and trying to make decent money and ain't nobody got time for serious games.

I think I'll be trying iRacing semi-seriously this fall/winter though. The wedding will be done and I'll be down to a single stock-ish car instead of 2 modded cars and a bike, so free time might exist again.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:52 pm I don't really have the time to dedicate to any MMORPG. 10 years ago I did. Hell, I've got characters that have more time logged into them than girls I was dating in my 20's. I want to say when the first expansion came out my Rogue had close to 90 days logged into it. That was before the time of alts when you put ALL of your time into your main and only really had alts for extra bag space.

Try warmane. Good private server. They have TBC, WotLK, cataclysm and MOP servers
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:39 pm
Acid666 wrote:I don't really have the time to dedicate to any MMORPG. 10 years ago I did. Hell, I've got characters that have more time logged into them than girls I was dating in my 20's. I want to say when the first expansion came out my Rogue had close to 90 days logged into it. That was before the time of alts when you put ALL of your time into your main and only really had alts for extra bag space.

:word:

I used to play games from 11PM to 3AM most nights during middle and high school, then be at school at 7:30 NFG. College I just didn't go to class much... :derp:

Then I started getting serious about guitar which meant no more free time. Add car shit and a house and fiancée and trying to make decent money and ain't nobody got time for serious games.

I think I'll be trying iRacing semi-seriously this fall/winter though. The wedding will be done and I'll be down to a single stock-ish car instead of 2 modded cars and a bike, so free time might exist again.
HAh this sounds like me right now.
I just paid for my nearly whole new AC unit, and I've gotta pay off these new tires for the vette, and the Quickjack that I bought on a whim. After that it's back into savings mode on top of making sure I've got money set aside for the wedding in Oct (it's super small and basically just a big party at our house.. Because fuck all that big expensive shit).
Then it's full blown car race mode. Suspension, sways, bushings, headers. Probably a few other things.
In the meantime I've been looking deeper into a racing sim. I read up on Iracing and heard it's kinda pricey and not really worth it to get into it right now. I just want something realistic where I can tweak car settings and have some fun with a couple of friends. Usually I'm playing with 1 of 2 friends. We always jump around game to game together. I know he's been anxious to get off of Overwatch too, we just don't want to go to a console because then I'd have to buy the damn console just to play the game.
All the while having to write for the band. I NEED MOAR HOURS IN TEH DAY Y00000!!!!
Do Work, Son
Drives: CX-5

I stared WoW a month after release and quit a month before the first expansion when Naxramus was the hard dugneon.

Played a rogue because my friends said I'd enjoy it. Ever play vanilla WoW as a rogue and try getting a group? Hahaha, go fuck yourself. Got in an AQ and Naxx guild through friends and was shoveled gear before quitting, it was taking too much time.

Took a break from my rogue before that to finish leveling a friend's priest and PvPed as shadow spec. Ever PvP in vanilla WoW with a shadow priest? I told the whole server to go fuck themselves, it was the imbalanced class in the game. I almost felt bad for opponents in group PvP.
#AllPostsMatter
troyguitar

Do Work, Son wrote:I stared WoW a month after release and quit a month before the first expansion when Naxramus was the hard dugneon.

Played a rogue because my friends said I'd enjoy it. Ever play vanilla WoW as a rogue and try getting a group? Hahaha, go fuck yourself. Got in an AQ and Naxx guild through friends and was shoveled gear before quitting, it was taking too much time.

Took a break from my rogue before that to finish leveling a friend's priest and PvPed as shadow spec. Ever PvP in vanilla WoW with a shadow priest? I told the whole server to go fuck themselves, it was the imbalanced class in the game. I almost felt bad for opponents in group PvP.
Try being a protection warrior in vanilla pvp. It was completely hopeless for anything except tanking the NPCs in AV.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I really enjoy picking away at a good mmorpg since I still go through single player games so fast. The increased QoL changes to way made me very happy. It's not the same game it was in vanilla days, its different. That doesn't mean the current game is bad though, just not what you were expecting.
troyguitar

datgrundle wrote:I really enjoy picking away at a good mmorpg since I still go through single player games so fast. The increased QoL changes to way made me very happy. It's not the same game it was in vanilla days, its different. That doesn't mean the current game is bad though, just not what you were expecting.
Yeah it's not bad, it's just more like watching a movie than playing a game at this point since it's almost impossible to die and strategy is unnecessary in leveling. Fortunately the story is pretty fun on its own.

I do like that grinding has been largely removed, but I'd like to see some more challenging quests/areas. Hopefully they're around at 110.
Acid666

The funny thing about Shadow Priests in PVP, that's where the whole "Melt Faces" thing came from. Someone posted up on the WoW forums asking how would a shadow priest do in pvp, and someone chimed in with "You will melt faces in pvp" and everyone went nuts with carrying it over. I think it came from the dude describing one of the icons (Maybe shadow word: pain) and how it looked like a melting face.
Anywho, thus the meme of face melting was born.

http://web.archive.org/web/200512120918 ... 296239&P=1
Do Work, Son

I melted a loooooot of faces with mid 50s green gear.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Shadow Priests are frightening now. Plus their artifact weapon talks to them
Do Work, Son

Gotta DL this Prey demo tonight.
#AllPostsMatter
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hunter or warlock are insanely fun to level up in woW
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Do Work, Son

Warlocks were the most whiny malcontents in Old WoW. Waaaaa, Rogues always beat us in duels, waaaaa.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Honestly the classes are the most balanced right now in wow than any other mmo that I've seen at a given time.
Do Work, Son

I've been tempted every couple of years to return to WoW but I've stayed good.
#AllPostsMatter
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Currently, slowly, playing the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix for PS4. The originals on PS2 were among my favorite games so I'm having a blast playing through them again. Only on the first one, but there are 6 games/cinematic "movies" total on the disc so it'll keep me busy for some time.

Anyone else notice that most of the good games these days are reboots rather than originals?
The panda hath arrived.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Prey is pretty fun.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Do Work, Son

Remind me to DL that demo.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Do Work, Son wrote:Remind me to DL that demo.
Don't forget to download the Prey demo.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Do Work, Son

I do that people all the time, they don't find it funny.
#AllPostsMatter