Nintendo Switch

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Anyone buy one yet? They've been selling out since they were released in my area.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ninten ... 0-6448486/

720p on the tablet screen :disappoint:

1080p while hooked up to the TV :notbad:

I guess Nintendo games have always been more about content rather than just in your face graphics, but 720p in this day and age. :disappoint:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

Quick Draw looks like fun:

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Seems pretty cool but not many games making it worth the price tag so far.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SixSpeeder

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm Seems pretty cool but not many games making it worth the price tag so far.
:dat:

Classic Nintendo, but maybe the good games will make it worth it. :iono:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Nintendo had to bring the switch in at a price that was both affordable and profitable. That means the two most expensive items, the display and the CPU needed to be carefully evaluated.
The target audience of the Nintendo systems is actually a younger demographic, so I don't think the 720p tablet mode will really disappoint. The CPU/GPU obviously is not the bottleneck, but it would have been nice if they would have used a T186 for more perf with less power usage, but the price would have been increased or profit margin would shrink.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:59 pm Quick Draw looks like fun:

:triggered:

teaching kids to shoot each other
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 am
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:59 pm Quick Draw looks like fun:

Practice for when they move to Chicago in the summer.
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 am

Practice for when they move to Chicago in the summer.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I watched that video because the chick was hot, too bad about the :baby:

Game looks fun :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am I watched that video because the chick was hot, too bad about the :baby:

Game looks fun :doe:
That chick is 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Do Work, Son
Drives: CX-5

I'm sure the motion controls are tons of fun for people interested in that kind of thing but wouldn't it be better to buy a Vita for half the cost with a bunch of more popular games?

The game library is what will always hold me back from ever buying another Nintendo console ever again, their systems are so niche now that it will be a hard business case to invest in making AAA titles. I have zero interest in Zelda, Mario, Mario Cart, motion controlled tennis, or anything else they seem to make for last 20 years. The last great game I played on a Nintendo was Turok 2 on the N64.

I'd really like to want a good mobile game system but I just can't drum up enough interest in the game libraries available for them. :(
#AllPostsMatter
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ninten ... 0-6448800/
Nintendo is reacting to the demand for Switch consoles by doubling the amount of units produced, according to a new report.

The Japanese company planned to manufacture 8 million consoles before the end of March 2018, states the Wall Street Journal (via GamesIndustry), citing "people briefed on the plans." That number has now been "at least" doubled to 16 million.
Meanwhile, my stock is going up more. :like:
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 pm http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ninten ... 0-6448800/
Nintendo is reacting to the demand for Switch consoles by doubling the amount of units produced, according to a new report.

The Japanese company planned to manufacture 8 million consoles before the end of March 2018, states the Wall Street Journal (via GamesIndustry), citing "people briefed on the plans." That number has now been "at least" doubled to 16 million.
Meanwhile, my stock is going up more. :like:
:fuckyeah:
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

Do Work, Son wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm I'm sure the motion controls are tons of fun for people interested in that kind of thing but wouldn't it be better to buy a Vita for half the cost with a bunch of more popular games?

The game library is what will always hold me back from ever buying another Nintendo console ever again, their systems are so niche now that it will be a hard business case to invest in making AAA titles. I have zero interest in Zelda, Mario, Mario Cart, motion controlled tennis, or anything else they seem to make for last 20 years. The last great game I played on a Nintendo was Turok 2 on the N64.

I'd really like to want a good mobile game system but I just can't drum up enough interest in the game libraries available for them. :(
I pretty much buy Nintendo consoles specifically for their first party titles. I never buy any third party games for Nintendo consoles. I'm all about that Mario/Donkey Kong/Zelda lifestyle.
:crang:
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

So what's up with this?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/29/151091 ... lost-saves

Not that I'd ever get a switch anyway because xbox/pc totally rules but this kinda sucks IMO.
razr390

Thedude wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am So what's up with this?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/29/151091 ... lost-saves

Not that I'd ever get a switch anyway because xbox/pc totally rules but this kinda sucks IMO.
That's not good :/
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Yeah, that's some pretty bad stuff in their software design.
SixSpeeder

:disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

Bringing this back WAY from the dead. Wife is losing her mind from boredom and finds the xBox "too complex" to play. Picked up a factory refurb unit direct from Nintendo, which is the only way to buy one these days it seems. I'm really excited to play Mario Kart...wife wants some other 2 player Mario game, seems like this could be an easy thing to play on.

Anyone have one and have some game reccos?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:mindblown:
More people are gone in this thread than are still here.
:waxer:
:dubshow:
6 Speeder
The Dude
:mahtroy:
Do Work Son

:pouroneout:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:26 pm :mindblown:
More people are gone in this thread than are still here.
:waxer:
:dubshow:
6 Speeder
The Dude
:mahtroy:
Do Work Son

:pouroneout:
I know...it was sad going through it. I almost created a new thread, but figured we could remind ourselves of our lost homies. :|
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:04 pm Bringing this back WAY from the dead. Wife is losing her mind from boredom and finds the xBox "too complex" to play. Picked up a factory refurb unit direct from Nintendo, which is the only way to buy one these days it seems. I'm really excited to play Mario Kart...wife wants some other 2 player Mario game, seems like this could be an easy thing to play on.

Wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:04 pm Bringing this back WAY from the dead. Wife is losing her mind from boredom and finds the xBox "too complex" to play. Picked up a factory refurb unit direct from Nintendo, which is the only way to buy one these days it seems. I'm really excited to play Mario Kart...wife wants some other 2 player Mario game, seems like this could be an easy thing to play on.

Zelda Breath of the Wild gets great reviews. It isn't two player, though.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm

I thought about buying a Zelda game, the last (and only) I played was Ocarina of time and I enjoyed it quite a bit back in the day. Sad it's only single player.

The refurb switch that I got from Nintendo is supposed to be delivered today. Got a number of games to play, going to start with Mario Kart tonight :doe:

:excited:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:36 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm

I thought about buying a Zelda game, the last (and only) I played was Ocarina of time and I enjoyed it quite a bit back in the day. Sad it's only single player.

The refurb switch that I got from Nintendo is supposed to be delivered today. Got a number of games to play, going to start with Mario Kart tonight :doe:

:excited:
Nice.

I haven't made the jump to a Switch. The latest game console I have is a PS3, and I never play it. I just fire up the ol' N64 and SNES when I feel like playing something.