SkyRim(JOB) Chat

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
Thedude wrote: You have to become the "Listener" in the dark brotherhood for him to be a follower.
That wasn't his mother in the box I take it...

Sent from the beer depository
:therapist:
Do Work, Son
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: CX-5

Thedude wrote:
Sanchez wrote:I played Skyrim on the 360 for like 100 hours and finished about 4 story quests. It was a game I reeeeally wanted to like but I found the combat clunky and the stealth to be about as unrealistically basic as it gets.

I like playing a thief or assassin but Skyrim's stealth mechanic wasn't fun at all to me. The graphics were cool but I couldn't get over the very empty feeling of the world. I bought the HD release on XB1 and it's no better.

For those of you who love Skyrim you have to try Witcher 3.
If it takes you 25 hours to complete a quest I can see why you feel the way you do about the game. Maybe it's because I put so much time into Oblivion that allowed me to go into the game with the mindset to manipulate the game to entertain me, rather than just go through it, but I really enjoyed. Played it on a gaming PC with graphics maxed out to waaaaay more than a 360 can do and, frankly, I couldn't imagine playing the game on a console.
I spent time on the side exploring, the story wasn't that great and higher resolution doesn't change the fact that every rock consists of 8 polygons.

The game just felt clunky and slow while the world felt lifeless and empty. Play Witcher 3 and you'll see what I mean.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

To each their own in the end, no offense. I loved Destiny and lots of people hated it.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:
Sanchez wrote:To each their own in the end, no offense. I loved Destiny and lots of people hated it.
:dat: destiny couldn't hold my attention
If I had the time I would revisit. I think a lot of changes have been made.

Do Work, Son

[user not found] wrote:
Calvinball wrote: If I had the time I would revisit. I think a lot of changes have been made.

I'll give it a try again I guess
They made grinding waaaaaay easier. Destiny has great gameplay but when the two guys you play with stop playing it's a lonely experience. So lonely.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:
Sanchez wrote: They made grinding waaaaaay easier. Destiny has great gameplay but when the two guys you play with stop playing it's a lonely experience. So lonely.
Lack of story was horrible. The obviousness that it was built as halo mmo, then had l that ripped out of it and never replaced was blatantly obvious.
I think they focused on fixing this at least in the latest expansions.

That's just from reading stuff though, obviously.

Do Work, Son

Destiny feels either like a prequel to some greater story or a story they intended to fill in with prequels.

There's a big story about Destiny's development including all the changes from the trailers. There was a campaign with a story and cutscenes but they were cut as the direction changed.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Even after Halo it had an actual story. Those guys on the Reef were called "Ravens" and one of them appeared in cutscenes wearing all black to either recruit or kill you or something.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball

Sanchez wrote:Even after Halo it had an actual story. Those guys on the Reef were called "Ravens" and one of them appeared in cutscenes wearing all black to either recruit or kill you or something.
Huh?

Do Work, Son

Calvinball wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Even after Halo it had an actual story. Those guys on the Reef were called "Ravens" and one of them appeared in cutscenes wearing all black to either recruit or kill you or something.
Huh?

Yep. Destiny had an actual story which was replaced by your Ghost leading you on a whirlwind tour of the solar system to collect guns that will be nerfed in the next patch and get killed by blink shotgunners.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

I really enjoyed pvp with my warlock ult, I also loved playing a Sunsinger in PvE. I was close to quitting the game as a hunter last June until I leveled a warlock.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball

Sanchez wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Huh?

Yep. Destiny had an actual story which was replaced by your Ghost leading you on a whirlwind tour of the solar system to collect guns that will be nerfed in the next patch and get killed by blink shotgunners.
Ah ok I'm following now.

Calvinball

Sanchez wrote:I really enjoyed pvp with my warlock ult, I also loved playing a Sunsinger in PvE. I was close to quitting the game as a hunter last June until I leveled a warlock.
I always enjoyed it, I just ran out of time to play.

Do Work, Son

So I just realized the thread title was a play on rimjob and not likening Skyrim to a job given the hours most people sink into it.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Been playing Grim Dawn on Steam, it's a dark world Diablo 3 style RPG. There's multiple classes and you get to pick a second class to put points in to create hybrids classes.
#AllPostsMatter
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

My brother got my the remastered edition for Christmas as I anticipated. Ended up popping it in before Witcher 3 so W3 is delayed until I at least get one playthrough for Skyrim in... which may be a while given my lack of time to play. OH WELL... maybe I'll finish it by Christmas this year and can ask for another game to tide me over for 2018.
The panda hath arrived.