DFD Couch Racer Chat: Forza and stuff

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So glad I held out. Most reviews are total shit for fm7. Not gonna buy it. Loot boxes for cars, come on. I was so pumped for it too, unless there's a glaringly positive uptick in reviews, going to pass. Fuck that.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Decided to splurge on a race setup.

AND
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am Decided to splurge on a race setup.

AND
:stig:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I would so do that. But my dog would 100% knock it over.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

rockchops wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm So glad I held out. Most reviews are total shit for fm7. Not gonna buy it. Loot boxes for cars, come on. I was so pumped for it too, unless there's a glaringly positive uptick in reviews, going to pass. Fuck that.
eh, the racing itself is good? I'm enjoying it. just dong the cup winning prize cars left and right :aintcare:
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 am
rockchops wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm So glad I held out. Most reviews are total shit for fm7. Not gonna buy it. Loot boxes for cars, come on. I was so pumped for it too, unless there's a glaringly positive uptick in reviews, going to pass. Fuck that.
eh, the racing itself is good? I'm enjoying it. just dong the cup winning prize cars left and right :aintcare:
Is the racing better than forza 6? I found the understeer in that game to be intense beyond reason. It was almost impossible to get any oversteer with a level of control. And the car always wanted to push wide on a turn.

Forza 5 was great. And FH3 was also relatively good.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 am

Is the racing better than forza 6? I found the understeer in that game to be intense beyond reason. It was almost impossible to get any oversteer with a level of control. And the car always wanted to push wide on a turn.

i only played 6 in passing, so I cannot compare.

With the wheel and shit on simulation I do have to say its VERY difficult to control the rear of the car, even more so when it has lots of power.

Im still learning tracks too. Even laguna Seca's corckscrew complex is different to 'drive' than every other racing game I've played. (laguna is a track i know well in racing games).

YMMV, my new setup is :tits: , xbone plus premium wheel plus legit chair has made the entire experience for me next level. I can't say how much of that is the game itself.

i will say now that I have many hours 'behind the wheel' I'm getting much better at car control in the game.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am

i only played 6 in passing, so I cannot compare.

With the wheel and shit on simulation I do have to say its VERY difficult to control the rear of the car, even more so when it has lots of power.

Im still learning tracks too. Even laguna Seca's corckscrew complex is different to 'drive' than every other racing game I've played. (laguna is a track i know well in racing games).

YMMV, my new setup is :tits: , xbone plus premium wheel plus legit chair has made the entire experience for me next level. I can't say how much of that is the game itself.

i will say now that I have many hours 'behind the wheel' I'm getting much better at car control in the game.
Yes im using the cheapest ferrari wheel they offer and a kitchen chair. Its not the best. But this is worlds more fun than a controller.

Things get more difficult with the wheel. But I find that overall I can perform decently.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Did anyone get project cars 2? review?
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Nope but the ads look awesome.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

GT Sport came out last week. Not as in depth as Forza as it's not a full GT game. Still plays well though and the photography mode is crazy.

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I just got a refund from Microsoft for Forza 7. Even after all updates and messing with every driver and setting combination, the game stutters like crazy and crashes to desktop often to the point of being completely unplayable. :rage:

Fortunately, I got my money back and Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa both run smooth as silk at 60-100 fps with everything maxed out on my pc rebuild from earlier this year (Intel G4560 + nvidia GTX 1060) so I'm going to stick to those for awhile. I might check out iRacing or Project CARS 2 later in the winter.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm I just got a refund from Microsoft for Forza 7. Even after all updates and messing with every driver and setting combination, the game stutters like crazy and crashes to desktop often to the point of being completely unplayable. :rage:

Fortunately, I got my money back and Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa both run smooth as silk at 60-100 fps with everything maxed out on my pc rebuild from earlier this year (Intel G4560 + nvidia GTX 1060) so I'm going to stick to those for awhile. I might check out iRacing or Project CARS 2 later in the winter.
Since you would be one of the few playing Forza on PC I dont think it matters too much.

I believe that iRacing is a much superior game anyway. My suggestion would be to purchase that game and get your :stig: on.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Rumor is asseto corsa and project cars both support vr. Just got a vr headset because #millenial. Haven't figured out how to sync it yet though. Also apparently having a radeon card sucks for it?

Not regretting passing on forza.
troyguitar

Barnes93cb wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm I just got a refund from Microsoft for Forza 7. Even after all updates and messing with every driver and setting combination, the game stutters like crazy and crashes to desktop often to the point of being completely unplayable. :rage:

Since you would be one of the few playing Forza on PC I dont think it matters too much.

I believe that iRacing is a much superior game anyway. My suggestion would be to purchase that game and get your :stig: on.
PC and xbox bros can race together in forza, but apparently the pc version sucks. :iono: I'm pretty damn happy with dirt rally and assetto corsa. I get 60-80 fps in those and it's silky smooth with everything maxed out.

Dirt rally also is the most fun driving game ever with the good wheel and shifter setup... like almost good enough to :nope: out of caring about "real life" cars. Almost.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Barnes93cb wrote:

PC and xbox bros can race together in forza, but apparently the pc version sucks. :iono: I'm pretty damn happy with dirt rally and assetto corsa. I get 60-80 fps in those and it's silky smooth with everything maxed out.

Dirt rally also is the most fun driving game ever with the good wheel and shifter setup... like almost good enough to :nope: out of caring about "real life" cars. Almost.
Damn. Thats very impressive.

I would love a :waxer: wheels setup. I also need a gaming PC.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

rockchops wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm Rumor is asseto corsa and project cars both support vr. Just got a vr headset because #millenial. Haven't figured out how to sync it yet though. Also apparently having a radeon card sucks for it?

expanding on what :mahtroy: said:
the vr shit will be real next level. once the goggles work really well....add basic motion... :drool:

This not far off at all. Its likely my next step.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

How is VR? I have yet to try it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 am How is VR? I have yet to try it.
nor have I. I hear its immersive.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 am How is VR? I have yet to try it.
From the advertisements? lulz
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
rockchops wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm Rumor is asseto corsa and project cars both support vr. Just got a vr headset because #millenial. Haven't figured out how to sync it yet though. Also apparently having a radeon card sucks for it?

expanding on what :mahtroy: said:
the vr shit will be real next level. once the goggles work really well....add basic motion... :drool:

This not far off at all. Its likely my next step.
:dat:

Cost is really not crazy either.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 am

From the advertisements? lulz
no, hearing Rogan and his budday Duncan talk about it on the podt00bes
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Logitech stuff on sale today only:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0 ... psc=1&th=1

Both ps4 and xbox versions (each also work on pc).
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm Logitech stuff on sale today only:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0 ... psc=1&th=1

Both ps4 and xbox versions (each also work on pc).
thats a :dill: gents, buy if youve been on the fence.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Do I need this over my amazing thrustmasters ferrari wheel?
https://smile.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-F ... l+xbox+one

I wouldnt mind a clutch pedal and feedback on the steering wheel.
How do these hold up to abuse? Do the pedals have resistance? Can I get a shifter to work with this setup?