A DFD Public Coronavirus Announcement

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: Microbus

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:07 pm

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:37 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:21 pm
What's everyone's opinion on credit card debt? Pay it off or throw min payments at it until next month?
I know I'm :wrong: but since I started keeping a small balance on my statement dates my score had gone up 20 points. I used to pay down completely every week and I thought I was "stuck" in the mid 7's for over two years for reasons unknown.
Apocalypse shit... pay it to avoid charges or use the notice as kindling to get the firepit lit tonight 🔥?

CaleDeRoo
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: C5

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Tarspin wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:37 pm

I know I'm :wrong: but since I started keeping a small balance on my statement dates my score had gone up 20 points. I used to pay down completely every week and I thought I was "stuck" in the mid 7's for over two years for reasons unknown.
Apocalypse shit... pay it to avoid charges or use the notice as kindling to get the firepit lit tonight 🔥?
Save it to make a paste you can use to add fiber to your apocalypse diet

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Tarspin wrote:

Save it to make a paste you can use to add fiber to your apocalypse diet
Will do! 👍🤣

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:52 pm

For me it is theoretically pay off the balance that you owe, but that's just me. But I'm also told to keep the 70% limit, say your limit is $1,000 and the balance that you owe is $700, if you continuously don't exceed that, your score won't go down. Basically if you're maxed out and good enough to only pay minimum payment continuously for a few months, it will bring your score down. I've been through that ishh at one point.
My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.
What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Tarspin wrote:
What's everyone's opinion on credit card debt? Pay it off or throw min payments at it until next month?
Depends on the rate.

I've got a $600 balance at 0% that I'm gonna ride until I die.

The rest I'll pay off until I lose my job. Then it'll be my safety net for expenses that don't need liquid cash.
Zildor the Magificent
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:43 pm

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.
What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit
Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.

Apex
Drives: CookieMonster

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Tarspin wrote:
max225 wrote:

Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.
If we really go full :nuke: cash will be worthless.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Zillon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Depends on the rate.

I've got a $600 balance at 0% that I'm gonna ride until I die.

The rest I'll pay off until I lose my job. Then it'll be my safety net for expenses that don't need liquid cash.
Yeah I see your point, I saw somewhere that one card is willing to go zero interest for 3 months on new debt, I'll find out which one and juggle things around for a bit if I can. Otherwise I pay all the shit off and start at zero. Fucking wife still not clueing into the magnitude of this situation, so I'm on my own to do the :math:

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

What are the banker bros saying lately?

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

You shut the fuck up. We haven't saved our whole adult lives for nothing.

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Tarspin wrote:
max225 wrote:

You are not alone..... we just gave $14K to a contractor as Half of the total for a basement Reno (that is on hold indefinitely) and financed $25K on the T-Reg when the Teeg would have been paid off next month....

TIming has never been our strong suit.....

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:
Apex wrote:
Screw it I'm paying the debt off. Would be great to know the answer...

To :nuke: or not to :nuke: ?

Apex

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Apex wrote:

I’ve been out of the loop a bit lately, big deadline I can’t miss coming up in 2 weeks. But, you have places like BoA saying we’re headed towards Great Depression levels of unemployment.
This is going to be a weird dip/slowdown/recession with unemployment being front loaded and will go down as time goes on.

Apex

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Apex wrote:
#YOLO

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 pm

Irish wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

You are not alone..... we just gave $14K to a contractor as Half of the total for a basement Reno (that is on hold indefinitely) and financed $25K on the T-Reg when the Teeg would have been paid off next month....

TIming has never been our strong suit.....
We suffer together brother. If we come out of this somehow this will change a lot of people. I thought I had my shit together, but the cottage might go so I can pay my house off assuming there will be equity in that bitch, but even that is a case of timing. If I sell it I might see an enormous upswing LOL

Strong case of Troyconomics happening here.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
#YOLO
Been there, done that.

*Looks at the MINI in the garage.*

Should’ve sat on my stack of cash and been happy. Hindsight is a bitch.
Zildor the Magificent
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

I’ve been out of the loop a bit lately, big deadline I can’t miss coming up in 2 weeks. But, you have places like BoA saying we’re headed towards Great Depression levels of unemployment.
This is going to be a weird dip/slowdown/recession with unemployment being front loaded and will go down as time goes on.
A lot of wealth has been wiped out, but the fed is planning to drop $1T? That should get the ball rolling won't it?

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:15 pm

Fucking cards are paid :lolol:

Apex

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Apex wrote:

A lot of wealth has been wiped out, but the fed is planning to drop $1T? That should get the ball rolling won't it?
This will definitely exceed 1T... when does the .gov ever stay on budget? :lol:

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:26 pm

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:44 pm

Apex wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm
Tarspin wrote:

This will definitely exceed 1T... when does the .gov ever stay on budget? :lol:
:fuckyeah: BUY BUY BUY! :truckyeah:

troyguitar
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 am

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
#YOLO
If we end up getting fucked for actually saving, I'm going to be more pissed off than usual.

RLWake
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: The Meata

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:19 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm
Apex wrote:

#YOLO
Been there, done that.

*Looks at the MINI in the garage.*

Should’ve sat on my stack of cash and been happy. Hindsight is a bitch.
At least your money is safer in something like a car than the market, :doe:
I build sciencey shit that goes into space and hopefully works the first time
Drives: :meata:

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 am

troyguitar wrote:
Apex wrote:
#YOLO
If we end up getting fucked for actually saving, I'm going to be more pissed off than usual.
There's no way anyone is unscathed by this one way or another. My new motto is "WWWD?" from here on in.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:27 am

troyguitar wrote:
Apex wrote:
#YOLO
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:nuke: :mahtroy: :nuke:
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

• Information