A DFD Public Coronavirus Announcement

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm You mean a liter of cola?
*winks and taps nose twice*
I didn’t know you switched to banking. :notbad:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So, update. Last night we were sent an email. Our (my) site had an employee that positively tested for COVID-19. All individuals that may have been contaminated or affected were notified.

Came into work this morning to the shitstorm if HE, Security, and business continuity meetings.

The bad:
1. My site
2. Proximity to myself, and obviously family
3. Have to work throughout this period.

The good:
1. Local health authorities notified, site was fully disinfected by hazmat suit bro’s.
2. Employee has not been on site for a week
3. Site has been 75% working from home since even before the employee was last on site (about 95% on the wing/department the employee was on)
4. Site is closed for all non-essential until next week.
5. Janitorial staff has been cleaning according to CDC recommendation for a week before employee was last on site.

Having it happen so close to home struck fear and anxiety in me at first, and then I was able to sit down and actually piece things together and I saw a silver lining in a positive way: it brings some calm and closure. Instead of only hearing about it on the news or through hysteria word of mouth.

I haven’t been contaminated that I know of (no symptoms yet). If true, I’m about halfway through the timeframe of ever experiencing symptoms.

My role is essential to the business so I’ll be on site until I can’t. But after today our building is probably the safest place in the city until further notice.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:doomed:
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

For a person that is going to need to be hospitalized for this.....it would be better to get it now,

while the hospitals are not dealing with very many cases

rather than later when they will likely be overwhelmed.....

just sayin....
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm https://www.thedrive.com/news/32590/hyu ... oronavirus

Welp, on my way to go buy a H
This is really retarded on so many levels it hurts my head just reading it
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:48 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm https://www.thedrive.com/news/32590/hyu ... oronavirus

Welp, on my way to go buy a H
This is really retarded on so many levels it hurts my head just reading it
It's so dumb that it made me LOL when I first saw it. I guess they are trying to move units and ASS-ume that it will be business as usual in 6 months. I hope that they are right.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

So is anyone on dfd infected? Or know someone with the plague?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:01 pm So is anyone on dfd infected? Or know someone with the plague?
I know 1 person and 1 being tested as we speak. A shit ton of people were "sick" and refused the test. Which is why I am assuming they all had it. Point being it isn't that big of a deal. most of the world will get this like they got the flu.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:01 pm So is anyone on dfd infected? Or know someone with the plague?
Nobody in my circle of friends and family
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 pm
Same here. So far.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:25 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Same here. So far.
Thankfully my wife and I are now both 100% WFH until Saturday when I need to go to a car plant during off hours. I'll be around anywhere from 1 to 5 people that day but I think I'll go in with gloves, N95 mask, and face shield. It's been a nice break to be at home with my wife and kids and I don't want the virus in our house at this time. We are socially limiting ourselves to small groups like my parents or hers, and another family who is also self-isolating for the past week, but mainly not at all.

Being a hermit has been really good for the family harmony, if nothing else we have this.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:38 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Same here. So far.
Thankfully my wife and I are now both 100% WFH until Saturday when I need to go to a car plant during off hours. I'll be around anywhere from 1 to 5 people that day but I think I'll go in with gloves, N95 mask, and face shield. It's been a nice break to be at home with my wife and kids and I don't want the virus in our house at this time. We are socially limiting ourselves to small groups like my parents or hers, and another family who is also self-isolating for the past week, but mainly not at all.

Being a hermit has been really good for the family harmony, if nothing else we have this.
:like:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

A friend of mine knows one of the deaths in NY and one in NJ. NJ death has another 5 family members who tested positive.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:53 pm
A friend of mine knows one of the deaths in NY and one in NJ. NJ death has another 5 family members who tested positive.
Damn
wap

Dang.
:(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:sad:
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 pm
I know one person with a presumptive positive (3-10 business days until they hear back on the test results :dafuq: ), and another with something but not 100% sure if it’s COVID-19.
My boss had one of their kids' friend's mom get some crazy nasty shit (all of the COVID/Flu symptoms). They tested her for flu and came back negative, then they shooed her away because she didn't fit the high-risk category for COVID-19 testing (not old enough or traveled). :rage:

Then boss's wife gets a call from lady and she can BARELY talk between gasping for breath. Bossbro's wife called 911 for a welfare check and let them know what the deal was. They took her to hospital and now she's in isolation.

This whole "criteria for testing" is utter BULLSHIT once COMMUNITY SPREAD anywhere in the United States has been confirmed.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

We had one person at work who exhibited all of the symptoms. It wound up not being COVID-19, but a different respiratory illness RSV. It still had everyone on edge because some of her team members went home sick shortly thereafter. Of course, HR didn't want us closing the building down and doing a deep cleaning until the test results came back as positive, which is retarded given the lead times on these tests.
razr390

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:27 am We had one person at work who exhibited all of the symptoms. It wound up not being COVID-19, but a different respiratory illness RSV. It still had everyone on edge because some of her team members went home sick shortly thereafter. Of course, HR didn't want us closing the building down and doing a deep cleaning until the test results came back as positive, which is retarded given the lead times on these tests.
Good Ol’ HR. At least at our place they closed ASAP and deep cleaned.
Huckleberry

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 am
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:27 am We had one person at work who exhibited all of the symptoms. It wound up not being COVID-19, but a different respiratory illness RSV. It still had everyone on edge because some of her team members went home sick shortly thereafter. Of course, HR didn't want us closing the building down and doing a deep cleaning until the test results came back as positive, which is retarded given the lead times on these tests.
I have no idea why our director yielded to their demand. I voiced my opinion on the matter, which was pretty much, "Fuck HR. This is our building. What are they going to do? Yell at us?"
razr390

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 am
I have no idea why our director yielded to their demand. I voiced my opinion on the matter, which was pretty much, "Fuck HR. This is our building. What are they going to do? Yell at us?"
‘Tis be a mutiny
Huckleberry

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:58 am
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 am

‘Tis be a mutiny
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Long time no post. Just came to see what everyone else is dealing with.
My financeé is staying at home as the courts are closed. I'm still going to work and enjoying the lack of traffic. 3 day work week ftw. I heard about Redding though. I guess a pump station backed up and flooded streets because someone used clothing to wipe. Knock it off. Use TP or your hands, people. :poop:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 am
NeonJonny wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 pm Long time no post. Just came to see what everyone else is dealing with.
My financeé is staying at home as the courts are closed. I'm still going to work and enjoying the lack of traffic. 3 day work week ftw. I heard about Redding though. I guess a pump station backed up and flooded streets because someone used clothing to wipe. Knock it off. Use TP or your hands, people. :poop:
Bidet futures are increasing, that’s the move.
I did see that being discussed. We haven't seen anything "extra" coming in at the front of the plant. Yet.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We have the option to freeze mortgage payments. Going to do that, emailed the first bank and waiting response, the second one has online interface so I'm on cue. 23 min wait.

The deal is that the interest accumulates at its usual rate but the monthly payments are deferred for 6 to 12 months.

Look into it if cash flow is a concern.