A DFD Public Coronavirus Announcement

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am We have the option to freeze mortgage payments. Going to do that, emailed the first bank and waiting response, the second one has online interface so I'm on cue. 23 min wait.

The deal is that the interest accumulates at its usual rate but the monthly payments are deferred for 6 to 12 months.

Look into it if cash flow is a concern.
Is cash flow already a concern?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:35 pm I'm being laid off as a result of this. Yay?
Omg already ?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Omg already ?
Trickle up economy, brah.

We normally do 110-130 cars in a good March. We've got 39 cars out with 9 selling days left, assuming we don't go under full lockdown.

Company is looking to reduce payroll expenses until this blows over. I'm in a role of redundancy - we're not selling cars, we're not dealer trading cars, and we have no business essentially. We're doing about 2 cars per week.
Well you’ll get that trump cash at least 🥴
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am We have the option to freeze mortgage payments. Going to do that, emailed the first bank and waiting response, the second one has online interface so I'm on cue. 23 min wait.

The deal is that the interest accumulates at its usual rate but the monthly payments are deferred for 6 to 12 months.

Look into it if cash flow is a concern.
Is cash flow already a concern?
No but cash preservation needs to be considered before cash flow becomes a concern. It doesn't take long with two properties, two small kids etc. I'm putting numerous countermeasures in place where I can. I didn't get the info i was looking for today unfortunately and need to use a specific email address for questions of this nature.

My goal is to pay the interest and freeze principal payments or lower them. Curious to see what options I have without harming my equity.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:35 pm I'm being laid off as a result of this. Yay?
:wtf: :angrypanda:
Temporary 60/90-day kind of lay off?
Or that’s it?

I might be getting evicted from my housing because UCF wants as many people removed from campus as possible. And Orange County (FL) just put in a curfew.

I’m not stressed aaaatt aaallll.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
max225

RLWake wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm
Or that’s it?

I might be getting evicted from my housing because UCF wants as many people removed from campus as possible. And Orange County (FL) just put in a curfew.

Why exactly would you get evicted ? That requires non payment for months
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:34 pm
RLWake wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Or that’s it?

Oh, I’m completely up-to-date on payments. They’re just invoking some clause they put into our contracts that they have the right to terminate our lease and evict us. They just want everyone gone from campus. I’m appealing for an exception as soon as the form is made for it.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Whelp, our governor just locked the state down for the next 12 business days, through 4/7. Many questions still to be answered regarding paying the hourly guys, and how the salaried employees will be paid, whether it'll be counted as vacation or :wat:
This going to put hundreds, if not thousands of small companies - many of our customers - out of business, and will be a massive financial strain on us. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 pm Whelp, our governor just locked the state down for the next 12 business days, through 4/7. Many questions still to be answered regarding paying the hourly guys, and how the salaried employees will be paid, whether it'll be counted as vacation or :wat:
This going to put hundreds, if not thousands of small companies - many of our customers - out of business, and will be a massive financial strain on us. :(
Welcome to the apocalypse.....
max225

wap wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 pm Whelp, our governor just locked the state down for the next 12 business days, through 4/7. Many questions still to be answered regarding paying the hourly guys, and how the salaried employees will be paid, whether it'll be counted as vacation or :wat:
Solid week and 1/2 behind us.... but yea epic shit show here
max225

RLWake wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:34 pm
Oh, I’m completely up-to-date on payments. They’re just invoking some clause they put into our contracts that they have the right to terminate our lease and evict us. They just want everyone gone from campus. I’m appealing for an exception as soon as the form is made for it.
Call local tv stations and complain I’m serious they can’t possibly kick you out during a pandemic when payments are up to date :wtf: makes 0 sense
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Welcome to the apocalypse.....
Yep. :angry:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

What's everyone's opinion on credit card debt? Pay it off or throw min payments at it until next month?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:21 pm What's everyone's opinion on credit card debt? Pay it off or throw min payments at it until next month?
I know I'm :wrong: but since I started keeping a small balance on my statement dates my score had gone up 20 points. I used to pay down completely every week and I thought I was "stuck" in the mid 7's for over two years for reasons unknown.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:21 pm What's everyone's opinion on credit card debt? Pay it off or throw min payments at it until next month?
For me it is theoretically pay off the balance that you owe, but that's just me. But I'm also told to keep the 70% limit, say your limit is $1,000 and the balance that you owe is $700, if you continuously don't exceed that, your score won't go down. Basically if you're maxed out and good enough to only pay minimum payment continuously for a few months, it will bring your score down. I've been through that ishh at one point.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm
For me it is theoretically pay off the balance that you owe, but that's just me. But I'm also told to keep the 70% limit, say your limit is $1,000 and the balance that you owe is $700, if you continuously don't exceed that, your score won't go down. Basically if you're maxed out and good enough to only pay minimum payment continuously for a few months, it will bring your score down. I've been through that ishh at one point.
My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:37 pm
I know I'm :wrong: but since I started keeping a small balance on my statement dates my score had gone up 20 points. I used to pay down completely every week and I thought I was "stuck" in the mid 7's for over two years for reasons unknown.
Apocalypse shit... pay it to avoid charges or use the notice as kindling to get the firepit lit tonight 🔥?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Apocalypse shit... pay it to avoid charges or use the notice as kindling to get the firepit lit tonight 🔥?
Save it to make a paste you can use to add fiber to your apocalypse diet
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Save it to make a paste you can use to add fiber to your apocalypse diet
Will do! 👍🤣
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.
What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm

What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit
Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.
If we really go full :nuke: cash will be worthless.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 pm
Depends on the rate.

I've got a $600 balance at 0% that I'm gonna ride until I die.

The rest I'll pay off until I lose my job. Then it'll be my safety net for expenses that don't need liquid cash.
Yeah I see your point, I saw somewhere that one card is willing to go zero interest for 3 months on new debt, I'll find out which one and juggle things around for a bit if I can. Otherwise I pay all the shit off and start at zero. Fucking wife still not clueing into the magnitude of this situation, so I'm on my own to do the :math:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

If we really go full :nuke: cash will be worthless.
What are the banker bros saying lately?