A DFD Public Coronavirus Announcement

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.
If we really go full :nuke: cash will be worthless.
You shut the fuck up. We haven't saved our whole adult lives for nothing.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pm

What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit
Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

I always thought prudence and paying off all debt was the move, and it figures that I went from a paid off house to a new mortgage on a nicer house + cottage all within a year of this retardation. Talk about timing.
You are not alone..... we just gave $14K to a contractor as Half of the total for a basement Reno (that is on hold indefinitely) and financed $25K on the T-Reg when the Teeg would have been paid off next month....

TIming has never been our strong suit.....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Apex wrote:
Screw it I'm paying the debt off. Would be great to know the answer...

To :nuke: or not to :nuke: ?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 pm

What are the banker bros saying lately?
I’ve been out of the loop a bit lately, big deadline I can’t miss coming up in 2 weeks. But, you have places like BoA saying we’re headed towards Great Depression levels of unemployment.
This is going to be a weird dip/slowdown/recession with unemployment being front loaded and will go down as time goes on.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Apex wrote:
#YOLO
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:54 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Do you think if we go full :nuke: that it be better to keep cash? Fuck the debt? I guess to think like that won't help much. I'm too deep into property ownership and need to keep a good credit score. Hopefully this crap blows over quickly. I could probably play the conservation gave for some year, keep a single paid off car and find 3k/month to cover mortgage paper. It would be nice if either the banks or the government would at least peel back to property taxes or principal payments to help.

You are not alone..... we just gave $14K to a contractor as Half of the total for a basement Reno (that is on hold indefinitely) and financed $25K on the T-Reg when the Teeg would have been paid off next month....

TIming has never been our strong suit.....
We suffer together brother. If we come out of this somehow this will change a lot of people. I thought I had my shit together, but the cottage might go so I can pay my house off assuming there will be equity in that bitch, but even that is a case of timing. If I sell it I might see an enormous upswing LOL

Strong case of Troyconomics happening here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:48 pm

What are the banker bros saying lately?
I’ve been out of the loop a bit lately, big deadline I can’t miss coming up in 2 weeks. But, you have places like BoA saying we’re headed towards Great Depression levels of unemployment.
This is going to be a weird dip/slowdown/recession with unemployment being front loaded and will go down as time goes on.
A lot of wealth has been wiped out, but the fed is planning to drop $1T? That should get the ball rolling won't it?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fucking cards are paid :lolol:
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:14 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm

A lot of wealth has been wiped out, but the fed is planning to drop $1T? That should get the ball rolling won't it?
This will definitely exceed 1T... when does the .gov ever stay on budget? :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm

My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.
What do you expect would happen with this debt ? Pay off whatever has highest interest first not some % of limit
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:14 pm

This will definitely exceed 1T... when does the .gov ever stay on budget? :lol:
:fuckyeah: BUY BUY BUY! :truckyeah:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:51 pm You shut the fuck up. We haven't saved our whole adult lives for nothing.
#YOLO
If we end up getting fucked for actually saving, I'm going to be more pissed off than usual.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:58 pm

#YOLO
Been there, done that.

*Looks at the MINI in the garage.*

Should’ve sat on my stack of cash and been happy. Hindsight is a bitch.
At least your money is safer in something like a car than the market, :doe:
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:02 pm
Apex wrote:
#YOLO
If we end up getting fucked for actually saving, I'm going to be more pissed off than usual.
There's no way anyone is unscathed by this one way or another. My new motto is "WWWD?" from here on in.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:02 pm
Apex wrote:
#YOLO
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:nuke: :mahtroy: :nuke:
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:20 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:02 pm If we end up getting fucked for actually saving, I'm going to be more pissed off than usual.
There's no way anyone is unscathed by this one way or another. My new motto is "WWWD?" from here on in.
Yeah everyone's getting hammered. I've lost a lot from the market crash, but I'm sitting on my hands and riding it out. Paid off my credit card and that's it.

For the MOMENT, I have my job secure, at least. They can't let me go because I'm the only person who knows how 3 very :troywax: experiments function at all. There's job security in lack of documentation, folks :fullretard:

I'm just worried what some email in the next few days is gonna have to say about me maybe getting evicted.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

For me it is theoretically pay off the balance that you owe, but that's just me. But I'm also told to keep the 70% limit, say your limit is $1,000 and the balance that you owe is $700, if you continuously don't exceed that, your score won't go down. Basically if you're maxed out and good enough to only pay minimum payment continuously for a few months, it will bring your score down. I've been through that ishh at one point.
My wife booked all the kids summer camps, and after school programs on her CC last month. We have the cash to pay it off in full and are still getting paid. Do we put a big dent into our loose cash and pay it off of pay the $10 min. Her card is at 70% maxed out, mine is at 25% maxed.

so basically 10/min is more like an interval payment that will eventually bring up to total? If you put a big dent and don't plan on say getting a car which requires credit score as far as loan is concern, that's not exactly the biggest risk there is. But with the situation we are in right now, it's best to not :troywax: and do the 10/min interval
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

RLWake wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Yeah everyone's getting hammered. I've lost a lot from the market crash, but I'm sitting on my hands and riding it out. Paid off my credit card and that's it.

For the MOMENT, I have my job secure, at least. They can't let me go because I'm the only person who knows how 3 very :troywax: experiments function at all. There's job security in lack of documentation, folks :fullretard:

I'm just worried what some email in the next few days is gonna have to say about me maybe getting evicted.
as :derp: y as may sound, basically don't worry too much. I'm not saying "oh it's nothing, it'll blow over quick". Relax, be happy that you're in a better financial situation that say atleast 40% of the people in the country. If you think too much that you may be subjected to eviction, it may actually happen. Basically "live" as you can as conditions permit and who knows what can happen.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.