TL;DR The Meata stays with DFD

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

Sah dudes,

I’m Richard (you can call me :dedong: if ye like), and it’s a pleasure to join you.

The big headline: the Meata is on a truck heading my way as I write this, hopefully not getting pelted with bugs and rocks. Yep, that :meata: . You all probably know more about that car than I do. I’ll be posting pictures of places she visits and changes made as time goes by. She’s gonna be my daily.

So about me. I’m a mechanical engineering student in Orlando, and I’ve lived in different regions of Flatlandia my whole life. Born in Cajuntown and moved to the home of Florida Man, an airboater to the core.

Car I have now is a 2012 BMW E92 335i. Mineral white metallic exterior, saddle brown learher interior, N55 (single turbo, not twin) motor, M Sport package, shitomatic transmission :( , JB4 tuna, catless, valved exhaust... Honestly it’s a fantastic daily with good power and a HEAVENLY exhaust note, but since I can only have 1 car right now I’d rather have something I can take to the track and that has a tranny that doesnt make me cry. This one will be for sale pretty much ASAP after the :meata: arrives, I can get it cleaned up, and a couple tiny maintenance items done, so :spinulator: me up if you’re interested in that of course.

Only other car of note was a 2010 Audi TT 2.0T with the DSGay (I kinda liked that one). It was pretty much a mk6 turbo yaris with AWD and a nicer body and interior. Ibis white over red leather :excited: , the thing was beautiful. Pretty much only did an APR tuna, some beefier brakes, and nice cosmetics. This is the only car I’ve tracked, and I drove it at Barber Motorsports Park in AL and TWS in Teyhas before it closed. She did pretty damn good on the track, but it had MADDENING understeer (sold it before I could tackle the suspension or just put in some sway bars). Only way I could get the tail out was a quick tap of the brakes mid-corner. Also, I swear that car was the king of the rain. Cuntinental ECS’s and AWD meant that I could use launch control in the rain and still hook :notbad: . Maybe that was down to it not having that much power in the first place, but that shit was fun.

So yeah that’s about it. Can’t wait for some fun on a car forum without a shitload of dumb rules.

The photos of past and present:

2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Welcome to the forum. I love your proper context use of our DFD’mojis and taking the time to research the lingo. Hopefully you stick around, as most new folks here have a hard time doing so.

I think this is full circle of why the internet is awesome. I know for [user not found] it was a bittersweet moment to sail the :meata: but how awesome is it that the new owner joins the forum and let’s [user not found] experience the car vicariously.

:whalecum: once again.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:35 pm Welcome to the forum. I love your proper context use of our DFD’mojis and taking the time to research the lingo. Hopefully you stick around, as most new folks here have a hard time doing so.

I think this is full circle of why the internet is awesome. I know for [user not found] it was a bittersweet moment to sail the :meata: but how awesome is it that the new owner joins the forum and let’s [user not found] experience the car vicariously.

:whalecum: once again.
I find it likely that I’ll stick around, especially since I have a story to keep going... and I finally found a good car forum that celebrates :poop: posts.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Aw hell, more BMW owners.

Welcome!
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Melon wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:56 pm Aw hell, more BMW owners.

Welcome!
https://youtu.be/lKie-vgUGdI
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:57 pm
RLWake wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:55 pm...and I finally found a good car forum that celebrates :poop: posts.
:lolol:

You have no idea.
:dat:

Yer in good company. Just get a new avatar
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

5/7 command of DFD-ese! Most :impressive:
Glad you're here. Get a real avatar and hope you stick around.
:popcorn: to see the continuing story of the cheese :meata:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hey this is :neat: , great to see the car come back and with it a new member!

:whalecum:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:16 am Hey this is :neat: , great to see the car come back and with it a new member!

Thank Zil for inviting me to check out the forum!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:28 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:16 am Hey this is :neat: , great to see the car come back and with it a new member!

Thank Zil for inviting me to check out the forum!
It's the best forum I've been a part of to date, I think it is a combination of smart people and cool manglement. I look forward to the updates. I recently sold a manual 2 seater sports car, some say too different to compare to a :meata: since it was an older C6, but I see the same kind of Joy's and a few very different ones. In the end it came down to money, I needed cash quickly. I still kind of miss it but will be looking for better handling and less power. An MR2 fits the bill perfectly but man are they all getting old at this point. Just maybe.... Miata Is Actually The Answer! :iswydt:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:36 am An MR2 fits the bill perfectly but man are they all getting old at this point. Just maybe.... Miata Is Actually The Answer! :iswydt:
I was looking long and hard at SW20 turbos. Built 3S-GTE’s are no joke. However, they really are getting old and it would be just :wasteful: trying to find a clean one that hasn’t been messed with already.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:40 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:36 am An MR2 fits the bill perfectly but man are they all getting old at this point. Just maybe.... Miata Is Actually The Answer! :iswydt:
I was looking long and hard at SW20 turbos. Built 3S-GTE’s are no joke. However, they really are getting old and it would be just :wasteful: trying to find a clean one that hasn’t been messed with already.
I just don't have that kind of time, but like the idea of an affordable mid engine toy with good resale, maybe need to look at Lotus or something :fullretard: :troywax:

Anyways, you bought the right car for the right price from a dude who truly knows how to take car of things. I doubt you need to do a thing! 👍
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:49 am Anyways, you bought the right car for the right price from a dude who truly knows how to take car of things. I doubt you need to do a thing! 👍
Oh believe me, this car “needs” quite a lot. It “needs” a roll bar, seats, harnesses, a Wilwood kit, a Flyin’ Miata supercharger that they don’t make anymore...
:jizz:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:12 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:49 am Anyways, you bought the right car for the right price from a dude who truly knows how to take car of things. I doubt you need to do a thing! 👍
Oh believe me, this car “needs” quite a lot. It “needs” a roll bar, seats, harnesses, a Wilwood kit, a Flyin’ Miata supercharger that they don’t make anymore...
:notbad:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:hai: :whalecum:

There’s a few of us here that have farted in the :meata: seats. You’ve got a good car. A little :jelly: but happy it’s found a good home.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Glad to see you joined up and will partake in the shenanigans.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

RLWake wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:59 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:56 pm Aw hell, more BMW owners.

Welcome!
https://youtu.be/lKie-vgUGdI
:bravo:

You'll do well here.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:impressive:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I can sell you a set of Sparco seats and harnesses and a wilwood kit on the cheap. Lemme know ;)
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

KiaGiver wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:44 am

I can sell you a set of Sparco seats and harnesses and a wilwood kit on the cheap. Lemme know ;)

:notbad: I’ll keep that in mind, thanks!
What model of Sparcos? Which Wilwood kit? I’ll definitely need to drive the car for a bit before I can decide on mods, but I’ll think it over
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:04 am
KiaGiver wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:44 am

What model of Sparcos? Which Wilwood kit? I’ll definitely need to drive the car for a bit before I can decide on mods, but I’ll think it over
I have the full catalog for 300+ brands. Just lemme know when you’re ready and we can hammer out a mod list :D

Need Modz? Hit me up!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Oh yeah,

I think Zil had mentioned elsewhere about my dad’s NB2 meata. I’ll share that one too for your entertainment, since I love it so much (him getting a meata confirmed that I needed one of my own).

My dad found this one on craigslist in Clermont, FL back in Dec ‘19. Now, he lives in Alabama but I’m only an hour from where the car was. Kinda helpful for him since I could go be his eyes and ears.

So anyways, go check it out and this one is pretty unique.

:heavybreathing:

Guy had bought it as a THIRD fun car, meant to introduce his wife to autocross and the general go-fast business. He had his work truck, his wife's crossover DD, the NB, a Mk7.5 turbro yaris, and a later 981 Cayman S (both :manuel: . Pretty damn good lineup.

He had bought it With stock paint and most of the performance upgrades already there. 2001 Meata LS in Mazda’s silvery-blue. Then he starts adding his own touches. By the time I got my mitts on it, the car had FRESH Miami Blue paint (yeah, like a Turbo S or something) with a Mazda hard top painted to match :nice: , RPF1’s and Nitto NT-01’s, Koni yellows, better pads (Hawk HP+ I think?) + rotors + RBF 600, intake, exhaust, CSF radiator, hard dog roll bar, momo QD wheel, and possibly the best god damn short shifter I’ve ever felt. The intake on it looked kinda weird when I first saw it (see engine bay pic), but after researching it turns out it’s one of the only NB intakes that actually lowers IAT consistently so I’m like :notbad: . Now the exhaust on this thing was seriously cool imo. It had a resonated midpipe from somewhere (I forget), but it had a Cobalt muffler custom modified for dual center exit.

I’ll remind you that this paint was FRESH (a month or two old?), but this is where one of the only problems with the car comes up. This guy went and autocrossed it before it had even had it’s first wax (let alone a ceramic coat or clear wrap) with sticky-as-fuck pebble-slinging tires :triggered: Little tiny sand and pebble chips all along the front of the skirts and behind the rear wheels
:facepalm:

Other couple of problems with it was a thermostat stuck mostly open (I knocked that out and swapped the nasty-ass coolant one morning. No biggie. Meatas are absolute cake to work on yourself) and a few interior blemishes and wounds. Not terrible, kinda makes sense for 96k miles, but still ugly for a guy like me.

So anyway, I talk to my dad and he sounds like he wants it. Seller had put like 11-12k into the car, but we got it off him for $7500, and it came with a few spare bits and the stock wheels.

So off it goes to my place in Orlando. I swapped the thermostat, changed the coolant, replaced an instrument cluster bulb, and got to give the car its first detail since being painted (only a couple hundred miles ago) :excited: Got it thoroughly washed, polished, and clayed (you would not fucking believe how much shit came off the glass inside and out with the clay). Then gave it her first wax. Wiped down the interior and vacuumed, and didn’t touch the engine bay. Couldn’t take too much time on the interior, and my dad really enjoys (and excels at) spiffing up interiors and engine bays.

All that done, and with a little back road attacking between things, I loaded up and drove it 500 miles to my folks’ place. This thing BUZZES on the highway with its current exhaust setup, but is otherwise completely comfy for road trips. Turns like 4000 RPM plus over 80 mph even with the 6 speed :triggered: , but I was sincerely impressed with the stock seats. I’m 5’11 and about 180 and I wasn’t majorly uncomfortable at all.

Got it to my dad, he loves it (of course). I think since then he nearly cleaned it to Zil Spec (nearly, because a stain on the passenger seat that we thought would come out turned out to be permanent :angry: ), ceramic coated it, and put in a Sparco sprint driver’s seat.

This car thoroughly convinced me to go ahead with finding my own :meata: , and I can happily talk this much about that NBruh after having it only a week. Just imagine how excited I’ll be when my own finally arrives...
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

KiaGiver wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:13 pm
RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:04 am

I have the full catalog for 300+ brands. Just lemme know when you’re ready and we can hammer out a mod list :D
I’m a dumbass lol :derp: , didn’t realize you were / were with a vendor. I’ll certainly let you know when the time comes!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Where is this Cajuntown that you speak of?
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

RLWake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:19 pm
KiaGiver wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:13 pm

I’m a dumbass lol :derp: , didn’t realize you were / were with a vendor. I’ll certainly let you know when the time comes!
All good :Lolol: but yeah man I can be pretty competitive in pricing so just drop me a line.

Need Modz? Hit me up!