Carsism: Ban or Regulate High HP Cars

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

We've all seen it. We are tired of the INACTION of politicians. People die everyday in these death machines that have no purpose or place on our roads.

The USA ranks with THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES in deaths per capita due to automobiles. The US citizens have shown they can not handle the horsepower of modern V8 cars.

The statics of the globe don't lie. Its time to DO SOMETHING about this toxic and reckless culture. Nearly 40 THOUSAND PEOPLE were murdered by cars last year. A large portion of those deaths may or may not have been at the hands of a v8 engine.

NO FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES HAS AS MANY DEATHS AT THE US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... death_rate

If we could prevent ONE person from dying due to excessive horsepower, the ban is clearly worth it. If you disagree you are a murderous, evil person.

https://www.facebook.com/dawson.blair.9 ... 24584/?t=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhyLAHiNW9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jst5PJ1KiS4

Ban all v8 equipped models of:

Dodge Challengers
Ford Mustangs
Chevy Camaros

If an outright ban fails we , at a minimum, must regulate them to need special background history checks, extra level of license and a 1 year delay from point of purchase while you and your purchase is reviewed. You should NEVER be able to walk in and buy one of these murder machines in the same day. Thats just insane.

Common Sense V8 Control. Join our cause or die.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:33 am Can we also talk about 75 MPH speed limits killing people too?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3052 ... dangerous/

BRING BACK 55 MPH LIMITS. ALL LIVES MATTER.
:dat:

this man knows the way. We can also save the planet from ice melt by driving 55 mph here in the USA.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

let's just eat babies
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Ban high capacity displacement.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:fax: don’t lie.

Think of the children. We need action now! Shannon Watts should be spearheading this movement.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I understand that this thread lacks sincerity, but I'll throw my two cents in here that 75 mph is too fast for tractor trailers unless you're talking tabletop flat no curves. My drive from Jackson, WY to Las Vegas last summer saw some pretty bad driving of big rigs at 75-80 and that was no bueno.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:21 pm I understand that this thread lacks sincerity, but I'll throw my two cents in here that 75 mph is too fast for tractor trailers unless you're talking tabletop flat no curves. My drive from Jackson, WY to Las Vegas last summer saw some pretty bad driving of big rigs at 75-80 and that was no bueno.
:gtfo: with your sensical and logical posting. There's no place in this thread for that.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:21 pm I understand that this thread lacks sincerity, but I'll throw my two cents in here that 75 mph is too fast for tractor trailers unless you're talking tabletop flat no curves. My drive from Jackson, WY to Las Vegas last summer saw some pretty bad driving of big rigs at 75-80 and that was no bueno.
:gtfo: with your sensical and logical posting. There's no place in this thread for that.
Yeah, self-banned for failure to homogenize with thread tone. :nevermind:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

The only thing that can stop a bad hombre in a mustang is a trackdaybro in a mustang. Driver's ed instructors should be issued GT500s to keep everyone safe.

If we station officers all over the roads in big V8 RWD cars then they will fix it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Ban bump paddles. No one needs to shift gears that quickly.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Unsafe at any Horsepower.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'm not being insincere, sir. Its a legitimate issue our country is facing. That is a dangerous speed for most of those trucks.
wap wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm
:howdareu: We are trying to have a logical discourse here. This :bread: is open to all views and logic.
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm :gtfo: with your sensical and logical posting. There's no place in this thread for that.
Yeah, self-banned for failure to homogenize with thread tone. :nevermind:
come back. :howdy:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:42 pm The only thing that can stop a bad hombre in a mustang is a trackdaybro in a mustang. Driver's ed instructors should be issued GT500s to keep everyone safe.

If we station officers all over the roads in big V8 RWD cars then they will fix it.
:notsure: :mahtroy: and I are talking about the same thing. Im concerned about dangerous, highly over powered cars. You can't trust people with them. I feel you are trying to stretch my concern of safety to fit another agenda. An agenda that isn't about cars or safety.
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:46 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm Ban bump paddles. No one needs to shift gears that quickly.

SHifTiNg GeArS iS dAnGerOuS.
I agree. There should certainly be a seperate license required if you intended to shift the vehicle yourself.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I think you people are twisting what I hope this :bread: is to achieve. A logical discussion on preventing high hp injuries and death.

I am certainly not anti-car. I have even found some cars enjoyable. I just want to limit certain kinds of people from having certain types of cars.

Very :notsure: if you people are over analyzing what this thread is about. If you watch the videos I've linked in OP you'll see a trend. High HP v8s overwhelmingly not handled in a responsible manner.

I also agree the "cat is out the bag" so to speak. With SO MANY high HP v8s already on the streets, where would we even start? I know a few people use their cars for good, but what if they are stolen? Thats why an outright ban is the only logical conclusion. Its really the only fair and just way to prevent the mis-use, even when the crimes are clearly done by a minority.
troyguitar

High powered vehicles are weapons, right?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm Ban bump paddles. No one needs to shift gears that quickly.
But even a neutered DSG with out paddles could achieve a pretty dangerous speed, too quickly. Those paddles have NO place on any modern v8 car.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm High powered vehicles are weapons, right?
No :mahtroy: this is nothing to do with weapons. Please stay on vehicle points only.

I bring this up because JUST LAST NIGHT, near mine and :melon: 's homes a wildly wreckless v8 Challenger destroyed 2 others cars in a parking lot. He came VERY close to injurying MANY others. The mustang jokes of the last 3 years? How many crowds must be hit by out of control v8s?

This is serious and I want it to stop. 40 THOUSAND PEOPLE ARE MURDERED BY CARS EACH YEAR

Please dont make this about your dislike of weapons. Its about cars.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Its proven time and time again that people can not handle the 400+ hp mark. I simply want to remove the easily available common causes.

Challengers
Mustangs
Camaros

No one should be able to walk in and buy 450+ hps cars. And lets not even TALK about modifying them. Thats totally illegal already, FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Yet here we are. How many tuners are sold, making the cars LESS SAFE and illegal.
troyguitar

Cars are weapons, that's why people are killed or injured by those who wield them.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

dubshow wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 pm
But even a neutered DSG with out paddles could achieve a pretty dangerous speed, too quickly. Those paddles have NO place on any modern v8 car.
Mandate CVTs behind all V8s. Drive gingerly or trans goes kablooey.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Let's talk about this historically. Which is more dangerous? LS6 450hp (gross) 1970 Chevelle 4 speed/1970 Hemi Cuda (425 gross, underrated) 4 speed on bias ply tires and Little House On the Prairie Suspensions and zero nannies or Widebody Hellcat Redeye Challenger w/797 net hp?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm What's dangerous is uneducated drivers treating the roads as a right.

We need more driver education.

Anyone with a pulse gets a license.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm What's dangerous is uneducated drivers treating the roads as a right.

We need more driver education.
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:38 am Ban high capacity displacement.
:wtf: :ban: :hellno:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

My response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.