Iran war...

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:56 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am I liked the part where he blamed Obama for last night's attack.
eh, we could just throw a dart at the last 50 years of poor decisions.

Obama giving them aid/money was just another footnote of US poor policy.
I agree, but that wasn't the proper time for political jabs.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Dow is up and crude is down.

:doomed:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm Dow is up and crude is down.

"WE DON'T NEED YOUR OIL."

Translation: "We're letting your little tantrum go since nobody of value died, but fuck with us again and we'll ignite your oil fields and every bit of that infrastructure because we don't care."
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:12 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm Dow is up and crude is down.

"JUST THE BLOOD OF YOUR YOUTH"
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:12 pm

"JUST THE BLOOD OF YOUR YOUTH"
That's what they are calling for...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The whole thing is stupid.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:48 pm The whole thing is stupid.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:49 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:48 pm The whole thing is stupid.

Really glad cooler heads prevail. Wonder why this General was such a necessary hit?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I continually fail to understand why everyone is so surprised Iran hates us.

Back in 1953 the US and Great Britain managed to overthrow the Iranian government at the time (a secular, free democracy) because the prime minister, Mohammad Mosaddegh, wanted to audit the British Petroleum-operated oil company that had been essentially running Iran's oil production since 1901. He wanted Iranian independence and to nationalize the oil production of Iran and get Britain out of its oil business, which of course the Brits and the US couldn't let happen because why pay for oil when you can steal Iran's for free, so Mosaddegh was overthrown and a dictator friendly to the West, Pahlavi, was put in place instead. But by the 1970s Iran was in turmoil in large part due to this man. His family sucked up much of the oil money rather than use it to invest in the country, inflation ran rampant, political parties other than his own were banned and eventually the military killed 64 protesters in 1978.

While it's true that Mosaddegh had begun to lose support from the the base wanting a Muslim government even as far back as the early 50's, he is now one of the most revered politicians in Iranian history precisely because the US and Britain decided to stick their noses where they don't belong, then the guy put in place by the western states turned out to be a disaster, and even though the people got what they wanted in 1979 when he was overthrown, the series of events leading up to that is still viewed as the beginning of a period of nearly 70 years of interference in Iran by the West.

Even now the US is blocking the sale of Iranian oil to anyone who deals with US, which is having disastrous consequences on the economy as Iran's oil exports have fallen by more than 80%. That in itself is already an act of war, and Iran is supposed to be happy to come to the table and make more concessions when the US is taking that kind of preemptive step? It's bananas. There are some bad dudes in Iran who support some awful things, but my word this administration is clueless on how to actually address those things.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 pm

Really glad cooler heads prevail. Wonder why this General was such a necessary hit?
BeCaUsE hE WaS pLoTtiNg AtTacKs.
Until this administration actually provides some detail about what he was planning, I will continue to think killing Soleimani was nothing more than a political stunt to try to get a "win" with his base.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am I continually fail to understand why everyone is so surprised Iran hates us.

Back in 1953 the US and Great Britain managed to overthrow the Iranian government at the time (a secular, free democracy) because the prime minister, Mohammad Mosaddegh, wanted to audit the British Petroleum-operated oil company that had been essentially running Iran's oil production since 1901. He wanted Iranian independence and to nationalize the oil production of Iran and get Britain out of its oil business, which of course the Brits and the US couldn't let happen because why pay for oil when you can steal Iran's for free, so Mosaddegh was overthrown and a dictator friendly to the West, Pahlavi, was put in place instead. But by the 1970s Iran was in turmoil in large part due to this man. His family sucked up much of the oil money rather than use it to invest in the country, inflation ran rampant, political parties other than his own were banned and eventually the military killed 64 protesters in 1978.

While it's true that Mosaddegh had begun to lose support from the the base wanting a Muslim government even as far back as the early 50's, he is now one of the most revered politicians in Iranian history precisely because the US and Britain decided to stick their noses where they don't belong, then the guy put in place by the western states turned out to be a disaster, and even though the people got what they wanted in 1979 when he was overthrown, the series of events leading up to that is still viewed as the beginning of a period of nearly 70 years of interference in Iran by the West.

Even now the US is blocking the sale of Iranian oil to anyone who deals with US, which is having disastrous consequences on the economy as Iran's oil exports have fallen by more than 80%. That in itself is already an act of war, and Iran is supposed to be happy to come to the table and make more concessions when the US is taking that kind of preemptive step? It's bananas. There are some bad dudes in Iran who support some awful things, but my word this administration is clueless on how to actually address those things.
:dat: is what I've been preaching. But no one cares how much we've fucked up historically.

Same as arming miltias to right the reds in the sand.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 pm

BeCaUsE hE WaS pLoTtiNg AtTacKs.
HiS sEcrEtS DiE wiTh HiM! Those other morans will never figure out how to attack us without him.

Dude was kind of the Che Guevara of the middle east. His death will resonate with many people in the region.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 am
coogles wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 am

Until this administration actually provides some detail about what he was planning, I will continue to think killing Soleimani was nothing more than a political stunt to try to get a "win" with his base.
:derp:

Iran is the next generation WMD.
:dat: ?

I can't see how that attack on S specifically will change any of it but I'm also just a :derp: with no info to go by.

Speaking of :derp: I wonder if the Ukranian plane that fell out of the sky with a mistake or planned attack? Maybe it just failed mechanically? Thankfully no Americans on the flight. 63 Canucks doe :sad:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am I continually fail to understand why everyone is so surprised Iran hates us.

All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror https://www.amazon.com/dp/047018549X/re ... fEb5PGYZ4V
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:47 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:51 am

:dat: ?

I can't see how that attack on S specifically will change any of it but I'm also just a :derp: with no info to go by.

Speaking of :derp: I wonder if the Ukranian plane that fell out of the sky with a mistake or planned attack? Maybe it just failed mechanically? Thankfully no Americans on the flight. 63 Canucks doe :sad:
Definitely taken out, unclear if intentional or accidental.

Wayyyyy too suspect of timing.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Nicely laid out :fax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Nicely laid out :fax:
indeed. now if only more dipshits could look further than 12 years back.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Or course we say Iran shot the plane down. Why wouldnt we? :waiting:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/pl ... m-updates/#

Iran gonna go all :howdareu:

Meanwhile russia sitting corner going :wtf: :scoot: :nevermind:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:04 pm Or course we say Iran shot the plane down. Why wouldnt we? :waiting:

They just need to release the black box info and that will tell us what happened.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:04 pm Or course we say Iran shot the plane down. Why wouldnt we? :waiting:

And who supplied those missiles?

:popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Hunter Biden.

Looking to make his troubles go away. He took a page from Hillary's handbook and adapted "suicide" to "accident"
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Hunter Biden.

Looking to make his troubles go away. He took a page from Hillary's handbook and adapted "suicide" to "accident"
:zing:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.660citynews.com/2020/01/07/ ... s-in-iraq/

A stampede broke out Tuesday at Soleimani’s funeral, and at least 56 people were killed and more than 200 were injured as thousands thronged the procession, Iranian news reports said. Shortly after Iran’s revenge missile attack early Wednesday, Soleimani’s shroud-wrapped remains were lowered into the ground as mourners wailed at the grave site.
There was no information about what set off the crush in the packed streets, and online videos showed only its aftermath: people lying apparently lifeless, their faces covered by clothing, emergency crews performing CPR on the fallen, and onlookers wailing and crying out to God.

“Unfortunately as a result of the stampede, some of our compatriots have been injured and some have been killed during the funeral processions,” Koulivand said. State TV quoted him as saying the stampede killed 56 people and injured 213.

:wtf:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:49 pm https://www.660citynews.com/2020/01/07/ ... s-in-iraq/

A stampede broke out Tuesday at Soleimani’s funeral, and at least 56 people were killed and more than 200 were injured as thousands thronged the procession, Iranian news reports said. Shortly after Iran’s revenge missile attack early Wednesday, Soleimani’s shroud-wrapped remains were lowered into the ground as mourners wailed at the grave site.
There was no information about what set off the crush in the packed streets, and online videos showed only its aftermath: people lying apparently lifeless, their faces covered by clothing, emergency crews performing CPR on the fallen, and onlookers wailing and crying out to God.

“Unfortunately as a result of the stampede, some of our compatriots have been injured and some have been killed during the funeral processions,” Koulivand said. State TV quoted him as saying the stampede killed 56 people and injured 213.

Classic.

Just like India world power 2020
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:59 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:49 pm https://www.660citynews.com/2020/01/07/ ... s-in-iraq/

Classic.

Just like India world power 2020
:dat: :yeahok:

They killed each other in a fucking stampede! 56 dead... that is more carnage then the bombings between both sides in the whole ordeal. :amaze: