Official DFD - Election 2016 - MEGA THREAD

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Also, you have to give the guy some credit. Pulling Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania...states that have been blue forever is :impressive:

Dems should take notice, nothing can be taken for granted. Trump was here easily 3-4 times during the campaign. I don't think HRC was here once.
This is because he pulled the rural white vote like a master racist puppeteer.

He's a modern Hitler. And that's what worries me.
Outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, PA is VERY red.

HRC lost PA not because of Philadelphia. She lost it because she lost Erie and Scranton. And greater white people turnout in the rest of the state.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:Also, you have to give the guy some credit. Pulling Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania...states that have been blue forever is :impressive:

Dems should take notice, nothing can be taken for granted. Trump was here easily 3-4 times during the campaign. I don't think HRC was here once.
It's :impressive: how HRC was handed this election. It was presented to her on a silver platter. It was hers to lose. And she dropped it so fucking hard.

Whatever. She would have been pretty horrible too. I voted Gary even though he's a dope.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
This is because he pulled the rural white vote like a master racist puppeteer.

He's a modern Hitler. And that's what worries me.
Outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, PA is VERY red.

HRC lost PA not because of Philadelphia. She lost it because she lost Erie and Scranton. And greater white people turnout in the rest of the state.
I dunno
CNN indicated that she under-performed in key dem areas like Philly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Yeah the supreme court is sad. Bye bye thirty years or progress.
Our forefathers: You will have a system of checks and balances...

2016 Republicunts this morning: :trollface: :lolol: :iswydt:
You could also argue that this is the system working exactly as intended.
:therapist:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:This election just makes me feel awkward as a white male.

:(
The presidential election is what it is.

I'm more upset about the Senate and Supreme Court.
ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

Indeed. As much of a :disappoint: this is, it's a classic display of democracy...good or bad.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

It did. The system allows the people to vote for who they want in office. The people have spoken.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Calvinball wrote:
Indeed. As much of a :disappoint: this is, it's a classic display of democracy...good or bad.
Boaty McBoatface

Honestly. And I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this. But China isn't all wrong when they say allowing the citizens to vote for whomever they want to hold office is a bad idea. This will be used around the world as an example of how democracy doesn't work.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Indeed. As much of a :disappoint: this is, it's a classic display of democracy...good or bad.
Boaty McBoatface

Honestly. And I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this. But China isn't all wrong when they say allowing the citizens to vote for whomever they want to hold office is a bad idea. This will be used around the world as an example of how democracy doesn't work.
Yesterday is a prime example of that.

People are not properly equipped/educated/etc to chose a proper leader.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: I dunno
CNN indicated that she under-performed in key dem areas like Philly.
Both are Correct. African American vote underperformed.
:notsure: she won PHL by over 450k which is not too far off other elections. She lost a LOT of ground in other primarily red counties.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Boaty McBoatface

This election was a game show. And the biggest showboater won. We are the laughing stock of the world right now. Worse than Brexit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yesterday is a prime example of that.

This election was a game show. And the biggest showboater won. We are the laughing stock of the world right now. Worse than Brexit.
Absolutely.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Both are Correct. African American vote underperformed.
:notsure: she won PHL by over 450k which is not too far off other elections. She lost a LOT of ground in other primarily red counties.
Oh, I thought they said she was doing poorly. I went to bed at 1am, so things may have changed.
Johnny_P

I mean she was probably 30k light in Philly. But the rest of the state was massively :disappoint: for her. You typically have to win Philly big to take the rest of the state. But the rest of the state voted much stronger in favor of the Republican party than was typical.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:This election just makes me feel awkward as a white male.

The presidential election is what it is.

Yeahhhhhh

So much fucking :disappoint:

Can't believe all of these assholes were reelected. Especially after the DNC corruption scandal.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

#whiteguilt
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

lagunasecaballs wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: The presidential election is what it is.

Yeahhhhhh

Can't believe all of these assholes were reelected. Especially after the DNC corruption scandal.
Good luck with that. At least Rubio is predictable.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Indeed. As much of a :disappoint: this is, it's a classic display of democracy...good or bad.
Boaty McBoatface

ehhhh......
Detroit wrote:

Seeeeeee..... the problem is.... you are right, the MOB is dumb. This is why we have representive democracy.

And I'll catch shit for this, but its why universal suffrage is a terrible idea. Only TAXPAYERS should be allowed to vote.
brain go brrrrrr
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Johnny_P wrote:
lagunasecaballs wrote:

Yeahhhhhh

Good luck with that. At least Rubio is predictable.
Predictably retarded.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

ehhhh......

Seeeeeee..... the problem is.... you are right, the MOB is dumb. This is why we have representive democracy.

And I'll catch shit for this, but its why universal suffrage is a terrible idea. Only TAXPAYERS should be allowed to vote.
I agree with the bolded actually
Johnny_P

lagunasecaballs wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Good luck with that. At least Rubio is predictable.
Predictably retarded.
:lolol: :sad:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

ehhhh......

How about weigh the votes according to net worth? Rich people have the best judgment.
Johnny_P

Obvi
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
ehhhh......

How about weigh the votes according to net worth? Rich people have the best judgment.

that would be stupid.

But the idea is to make sure you have a vested interest in the way the country is run via taxes.... and not just voting for people that will give you more free shit.
brain go brrrrrr
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Detroit wrote:

I felt that this is the exact reason Obama got two terms... ridiculous outreach efforts to uninformed, uneducated, low income minority voters who were made promises that (mostly) didn't come to fruition and this cycle became less enthusiastic about being used for their votes.