Voting

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm we should limit the voting age to 60. In the founding fathers time it was rare to live past 60 so they didn't intend it.
:amaze:

and :notwrong:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

We got an interesting thing going on locally too. I'm not too keen on the specifics, but we basically voted to break up some major part of it to give each area proper representation. From what I get there's a lot of outside dirty PAC money coming in from hardcore conservative groups that aren't even located here and it's pissing a lot of people off. The person that's raised the most funding is an independant who's platform is basically "No-Party". It amazes me how my parish can be so conservative yet think along liberal lines. The overpowering bullshit if the conservatives here makes me really consider moving.

Alan mentioned the split in BR last time we talked. I'm about to go read up on it.
What exactly is considered East Baton Rouge parish? Because when I drive thru there I see the signs, but I assume it's that massive dead area on I-10 until I get to the bridge and then that's what I consider "Baton Rouge". Is it like from Grosse Tete to Port Allen?

Edit: Oh snap, it's actually starting at the bridge and up to before Denham. So Baton Rouge lies within East BR parish but EBR extends past it some?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:19 am We got an interesting thing going on locally too. I'm not too keen on the specifics, but we basically voted to break up some major part of it to give each area proper representation. From what I get there's a lot of outside dirty PAC money coming in from hardcore conservative groups that aren't even located here and it's pissing a lot of people off. The person that's raised the most funding is an independant who's platform is basically "No-Party". It amazes me how my parish can be so conservative yet think along liberal lines. The overpowering bullshit if the conservatives here makes me really consider moving.

Alan mentioned the split in BR last time we talked. I'm about to go read up on it.
What exactly is considered East Baton Rouge parish? Because when I drive thru there I see the signs, but I assume it's that massive dead area on I-10 until I get to the bridge and then that's what I consider "Baton Rouge". Is it like from Grosse Tete to Port Allen?
EBR is from miss river after port allen to Denham springs/ amite river. Its pretty large. Several cities exist in EBR already. BR, Central, Zachary. All cities. BR is just weird in that they did like lafayette and consolidated 1 .gov to rule.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:19 am We got an interesting thing going on locally too. I'm not too keen on the specifics, but we basically voted to break up some major part of it to give each area proper representation. From what I get there's a lot of outside dirty PAC money coming in from hardcore conservative groups that aren't even located here and it's pissing a lot of people off. The person that's raised the most funding is an independant who's platform is basically "No-Party". It amazes me how my parish can be so conservative yet think along liberal lines. The overpowering bullshit if the conservatives here makes me really consider moving.

Edit: Oh snap, it's actually starting at the bridge and up to before Denham. So Baton Rouge lies within East BR parish but EBR extends past it some?
Yes, br parish huge, br city is within it. There are two other cities too, Central and Zachary. St. George would be 4th city in the parish
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:27 am

Yes, br parish huge, br city is within it. There are two other cities too, Central and Zachary. St. George would be 4th city in the parish
I forgot Baker. Baker is its own city in North BR near central
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:24 am

EBR is from miss river after port allen to Denham springs/ amite river. Its pretty large. Several cities exist in EBR already. BR, Central, Zachary. All cities. BR is just weird in that they did like lafayette and consolidated 1 .gov to rule.
Ok this makes more sense now. It's the same as our shit. Lafayette actually encompasses Scott, Duson, Broussard, Youngsville etc.
Acadiana is more of a blanket term that's not on any map, more the whole area of "HERE BE CAJUNS THAT MAEK DEAD SHIT TASTES GOODS"
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm we should limit the voting age to 60. In the founding fathers time it was rare to live past 60 so they didn't intend it.

Washington died at age 67.
Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
John Adams died at age 91
Franklin died at age 84
Hamilton died at age 49 - shot in a duel
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

Average age of the principal Fathers was 71 and would have been higher if Hamilton didn't get shot by Burr. More " :fax: " :rolleyes:

Average life span in times long past was skewed by high infant mortality. If a person survived being born they had a decent chance of living a "fairly" long life. Of course, economic status helped as well.
Last edited by wap on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:33 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:24 am

Ok this makes more sense now. It's the same as our shit. Lafayette actually encompasses Scott, Duson, Broussard, Youngsville etc.
Acadiana is more of a blanket term that's not on any map, more the whole area of "HERE BE CAJUNS THAT MAEK DEAD SHIT TASTES GOODS"
pretty much. very similar. Just like schools in laffy proper around i-10 are :disgust:

meanwhile the youngsville/broussard is POPPIN :koolaid:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:34 am

Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
Franklin died at age 84
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

Average age of the principal Fathers was 71 and would have been higher if Hamilton didn't get shot by Burr. More " :fax: " :rolleyes:

Average life span in times long past was skewed by high infant mortality. If a person survived being born they had a decent chance of living a
fairly
long life. Of course, economic status helped as well.
fuckn :impressive: sir :wap:

Im glad you could :member: all your boy's ages. I knew y'all were close.
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am

Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
Franklin died at age 84
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

Average life span in times long past was skewed by high infant mortality. If a person survived being born they had a decent chance of living a "fairly" long life. Of course, economic status helped as well.
fuckn :impressive: sir :wap:

Im glad you could :member: all your boy's ages. I knew y'all were close.
:iswydt:
I remember many of those birthday parties very fondly...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:27 am

I forgot Baker. Baker is its own city in North BR near central
Oh yes. Everyone forgets Baker. Because it sucks
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
Franklin died at age 84
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

They were rich and my comment was very clear satire
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:48 am

Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
Franklin died at age 84
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

:triggered:
wap

Madison died at age 85
Jefferson died at age 83
Franklin died at age 84
Mason died at age 67
Sherman died at age 72
Wilson died at age 56
Randolph died at age 60

Thus my now bolded comment.

Kinda thought maybe so, but you set yourself up for extra scrutiny when you call yourself the :fax: man. :sissyfight:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:57 am

Kinda thought maybe so, but you set yourself up for extra scrutiny when you call yourself the :fax: man. :sissyfight:
this was also last YEAR's comment :lol:

Im bringing up dead :bread:
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:51 am

:triggered:
:dat: :lol:

:trollface:
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:58 am
wap wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:57 am

this was also last YEAR's comment :lol:

Im bringing up dead :bread:
Caught that.
:trollface: upon :trollface:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:wap: :fax: versus brad :fax:

always a gay olde thyme

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... GayOldTime This is a rabbit hole site if there ever was one....I have spent countless hours here
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm :wap: :fax: versus brad :fax:

always a gay olde thyme

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... GayOldTime This is a rabbit hole site if there ever was one....I have spent countless hours here
:hue:

:notsure: about that site. Dat :gay: name doe :yikes:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:38 pm

always a gay olde thyme

The site is huge this is just one page of it...... I find tropes and Etymology super interesting....

Most of our guise are prob too young to remember the Flintstones but they used the term have a "Gay Old TIme" in the theme song.....
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

always a gay olde thyme

The irony when I made that comment is that I know the founders themselves lived long lives for the era. I was the troll
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:44 pm

The site is huge this is just one page of it...... I find tropes and Etymology super interesting....

Most of our guise are prob too young to remember the Flintstones but they used the term have a "Gay Old TIme" in the theme song.....
:dat: is the first thing I thought of when I saw that site name! :lolol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:44 pm

A YABBA DOO TIME mutherfuckr