Technology and politics

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:53 am Passed the house yesterday. On to cheeto benito.

Oh yeah the rep that introduced the bill in the house has received over 600k from communications lobbyists
:crang:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

nuggstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:27 am
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm

All you information is already sold by companies like Google/Facebook. They ruthlessly track everything you type into your browser or even your texts. Where you go what you buy etc.

It is fucking :disgust:
yeah, but what if insurance companies can now buy this informaton. all of a sudden you have pre-existing conditions for researching a lot of about cancer or something.
:wtf:
They are still covered with or without obama
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:54 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:27 am

yeah, but what if insurance companies can now buy this information. all of a sudden you have pre-existing conditions for researching a lot of about cancer or something.
Thats not the point.

you opt in to services like FB or google. so sure, they sell your data.

ISP's, you have little or no choice in. Also, YOU PAY THEM.
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:54 am

Thats not the point.

If you don't use google you might as well not internet period. Problem solved
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:11 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am

Thats not the point.

If you don't use google you might as well not internet period. Problem solved
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein

can pretty much all just use a VPN so that the traffic can't be monitored by the ISP
max225

Worrying about this shit is pointless. Your data is already out there, being sold and resold daily. I can't type in anything anywhere without targeted "AIDS" and I already opted out, and used several websites to get rid of it also. And I don't fking facebook...

Oh wells.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm Worrying about this shit is pointless. Your data is already out there, being sold and resold daily. I can't type in anything anywhere without targeted "AIDS" and I already opted out, and used several websites to get rid of it also. And I don't fking facebook...

Oh wells.
ITT: :225: boy cant understand political principles. Much like the :225: tire debate.
but i mean, its a sports car it shouldn't have wimpy :225: fronts :baby:
We all know this, but the fact that the gov is allowing another croniest vehicle to be allowed is just :disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm Worrying about this shit is pointless. Your data is already out there, being sold and resold daily. I can't type in anything anywhere without targeted "AIDS" and I already opted out, and used several websites to get rid of it also. And I don't fking facebook...

Oh wells.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:triggered:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

nuggstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 am whelp, it's been signed!

:rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 am:aintcare:

repeal the 2nd

suspend parts of 1st

ban moosluems

ban :poorvette:

:rage:
Its not a healthy to have 0 feels till they come for a thing you care about
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

I can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I assume anyone can see/buy/steal/use ANYTHING I even think about typing on the interwebz. This bill just makes what I think the law. Oh well.

I don't believe that I can do anything to change any aspect of the .gov anyway. Protesting does nothing. Voting does nothing. Contacting your local politicians does nothing. .gov of screwed. There's really nothing I can do beside :aintcare: and hope they don't ban all the good shit before I die. Getting worked up over this shit does nothing but harm yourself. There's nothing you can do.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am I can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I assume anyone can see/buy/steal/use ANYTHING I even think about typing on the interwebz. This bill just makes what I think the law. Oh well.

I don't believe that I can do anything to change any aspect of the .gov anyway. Protesting does nothing. Voting does nothing. Contacting your local politicians does nothing. .gov of screwed. There's really nothing I can do beside :aintcare: and hope they don't ban all the good shit before I die. Getting worked up over this shit does nothing but harm yourself. There's nothing you can do.
having a little bit of feels =/= to 'getting worked up'

Just like, have an opinion man.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:35 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am I can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I assume anyone can see/buy/steal/use ANYTHING I even think about typing on the interwebz. This bill just makes what I think the law. Oh well.

having a little bit of feels =/= to 'getting worked up'

Just like, have an opinion man.
Oh, I have an opinion, but it's so far away from the popular opinion that it's no even worth expressing, so :aintcare:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:I can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I assume anyone can see/buy/steal/use ANYTHING I even think about typing on the interwebz. This bill just makes what I think the law. Oh well.

Nothing you can do unless you're rich. With enough money, not only can you influence new laws but you can ignore most existing laws.

I'm mostly on the :aintcare: train at this point too... fuck banging my head against the wall trying to fight the shitty combination of corruption and morans that plagues us. We can't win, especially when the handful of reasonable people don't even agree with each other on most things.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am
Detroit wrote:I can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I assume anyone can see/buy/steal/use ANYTHING I even think about typing on the interwebz. This bill just makes what I think the law. Oh well.

Nothing you can do unless you're rich. With enough money, not only can you influence new laws but you can ignore most existing laws.

I'm mostly on the :aintcare: train at this point too... fuck banging my head against the wall trying to fight the shitty combination of corruption and morans that plagues us. We can't win, especially when the handful of reasonable people don't even agree with each other on most things.
:dat:

Until money is disconnected from politics (which will never happen), there's nothing we normals can do beside :aintcare:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

"why are you banging your head against the wall"

"It feels good to stop"
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein

I don't actually think voting actually accomplishes anything. I think it's there to make it look like we're actually changing something, but aren't really.

Look at the presidential vote. Technically the country as a whole voted for Hillary...but she's not president now, is she?
troyguitar

nuggstein wrote:

I don't actually think voting actually accomplishes anything. I think it's there to make it look like we're actually changing something, but aren't really.

Look at the presidential vote. Technically the country as a whole voted for Hillary...but she's not president now, is she?
Actually?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am
nuggstein wrote:

Actually?
Actually.
troyguitar

:crang: actually might be related to this guy, apparently:

nuggstein

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am
nuggstein wrote:

Actually?
Oh, I get it. Used "actually" too many times. Whoops.
Last edited by nuggstein on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.