Women's Rights... to their own bodies, income, etc.

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 pm

He's right, :doe: Mothers and fathers get 12-14 months off for maternity leave in Germany.
We kicked their asses in every war.
Bigly
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I want :doge: -ternity leave
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:05 pm

:rolleyes:
He's right, :doe: Mothers and fathers get 12-14 months off for maternity leave in Germany.
yep. I don't even see how it's feasible to have a child, both financially and responsibly, at least this day in age...unless you don't need to work or make high six-figure or seven-figure salaries.
:crang:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 pm

We kicked their asses in every war.
:lolol:

:fuckyeah:

God damn commies.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

yep. I don't even see how it's feasible to have a child, both financially and responsibly, at least this day in age...unless you don't need to work or make high six-figure or seven-figure salaries.
People will always Have kids with or with out time/money/resources. Until we have an end of days, mass extinction situation.

It's never the right time for it.

But to make an employer pay for your desire to have kids is lols worthy. If I owned a biz, and hire a woman, now they woman has a kid. Great but why would I pay her for doing so? Other than sick/vacation/pto, why should I fork over money to a resource that is not working for me, generating revenue?

If some employer wants to offer all these great things, they should by all means do it. But to mandated to? Nope. Let the free market decide that's a thing they want and demand. And if employers don't offer that, they can boycot that product.
nuggstein

dubshow wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am
nuggstein wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

People will always Have kids with or with out time/money/resources. Until we have an end of days, mass extinction situation.

But to make an employer pay for your desire to have kids is lols worthy. If I owned a biz, and hire a woman, now they woman has a kid. Great but why would I pay her for doing so? Other than sick/vacation/pto, why should I fork over money to a resource that is not working for me, generating revenue?

If some employer wants to offer all these great things, they should by all means do it. But to mandated to? Nope. Let the free market decide that's a thing they want and demand. And if employers don't offer that, they can boycot that product.
Very true, I get both sides. I think if more companies offered less time, there would be more population control...maybe.

I just cannot fathom how anyone has kids these days when they have a job they need to be at. I can't comprehend it. Doesn't register in my brain.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:48 pm
For the record, I am NOT downplaying the effort a woman goes through with raising a child. I'm sure it's immense. The thing is, wanting equal rights for work while doing all that. It's too much for one person to do, and unfortunately, you get compensated appropriately.

Not to sound like a bigot, but perhaps women should just stay home if raising children is so difficult and they get screwed at work anyway.
:bruh: Many, many women can't.
Then don't spawn.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

Very true, I get both sides. I think if more companies offered less time, there would be more population control...maybe.

I just cannot fathom how anyone has kids these days when they have a job they need to be at. I can't comprehend it. Doesn't register in my brain.
Same. People should simply not spawn if they need all these benefits to do so.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Root of it.

Fix the money. One parent should be compensated enough to survive in life on a decent quality of life, for middle income.

When working wages were $2-5/hour a car was a $1k thing for a pimp mobile. I stand by fixing the currency and to correct the buying power vs just inflating all the numbers universally.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

People go after low hanging fruit of the actual problem. Our money is fucked. No one wants to address that. No one wants to admit making $32k/yr is fucking poverty.
nuggstein

I feel like if you have any kind of job where you work 40 hours a week, you should be able to live comfortably without worrying.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

nuggstein wrote:I feel like if you have any kind of job where you work 40 hours a week, you should be able to live comfortably without worrying.
That's to broad and vague dude. Do you even understand cost of living variances?

Then you want fed to mandate that?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dubshow wrote:Image

People go after low hanging fruit of the actual problem. Our money is fucked. No one wants to address that. No one wants to admit making $32k/yr is fucking poverty.
This is the plan, inflationary principles keep the monetary system afloat. When it stops so does growth. Wages aren't keeping up, that's why the corps own the world. Slaves make billionaires.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 pm
dubshow wrote:Image

This is the plan, inflationary principles keep the monetary system afloat. When it stops so does growth. Wages aren't keeping up, that's why the corps own the world. Slaves make billionaires.
Soon that'll all go away though. Trust that. The "system" is cyclical. I'm a firm believer that at one point or another shit will hit the fan and there will be pretty big reform in terms of worth and wealth. Maybe not in our lifetimes but the current way the world works I terms of chasing the money/profits is unsustainable.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 pm This is the plan, inflationary principles keep the monetary system afloat. When it stops so does growth. Wages aren't keeping up, that's why the corps own the world. Slaves make billionaires.
Soon that'll all go away though. Trust that. The "system" is cyclical. I'm a firm believer that at one point or another shit will hit the fan and there will be pretty big reform in terms of worth and wealth. Maybe not in our lifetimes but the current way the world works I terms of chasing the money/profits is unsustainable.
60-70% taxes until everyone is broke? Then when the debt can't be serviced it's reset time. Then war... then start again. That's my guess :tinfoilhat: :disappoint: :-P
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 am I want :doge: -ternity leave
Car-ternity leave.

Buy a new sports car, or bike, you get two weeks off to enjoy it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I also don't want any micro :melon: 's

I need to get the snip snip.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm

lloooooolllllllllllllll

:lolgasm:
She is very vocal about her anti-spawn stance. Sometimes so much so that I get uncomfortable and need to quiet her down in public.

"Someone needs to shut that rotten crotchfruit up"
"I swear, if I have to sit next to someones POS spawn on the plane, I'm going to lose it"
"Restaurants should be 21+ so my dinner isn't ruined by fucking sponge bob and tantrums"

etc...

:lolgasm: This is my woman. When we had a baby shower for a friend she wrote on the card "Congrats on your crotchfruit y0".
Can't tell you how many people have asked "You guys have kids?"
LOL. "No, we have cats".

Our admin assistant said "Oh, you'll change your mind, or she will at least".
BISH, I'm pushing 40. I'm past that point. My kids are my cats and my toys. I'm the fun uncle that's buying them cigarettes and beer.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:08 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 am I want :doge: -ternity leave
Car-ternity leave.

This is something I can get behind.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Car-ternity leave.

andddddd now its a :poorvette: thread
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm
She is very vocal about her anti-spawn stance. Sometimes so much so that I get uncomfortable and need to quiet her down in public.

"Someone needs to shut that rotten crotchfruit up"
"I swear, if I have to sit next to someones POS spawn on the plane, I'm going to lose it"
"Restaurants should be 21+ so my dinner isn't ruined by fucking sponge bob and tantrums"

etc...

:lolgasm: This is my woman. When we had a baby shower for a friend she wrote on the card "Congrats on your crotchfruit y0".
Can't tell you how many people have asked "You guys have kids?"
LOL. "No, we have cats".

Our admin assistant said "Oh, you'll change your mind, or she will at least".
BISH, I'm pushing 40. I'm past that point. My kids are my cats and my toys. I'm the fun uncle that's buying them cigarettes and beer.
People keep telling me Infamous is going to change her mind...but they haven't met her. She's pretty adamant.

Also, :lolol: at "crotchfruit". That's been her go-to for a while now.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Jessi had her one ooops. None more.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Car-ternity leave.

I'm surprised the General doesn't have something like this. Buy a new C7, get a week off to go :stig: it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm This is something I can get behind.

C6 is my favorite child.Image
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

C6 is my favorite child.Image

I hope to be driving :eeyore: by Monday!