Global Warming - Discussion-Rant

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Been thinking about this a fair amount...
Why are some of us throwing a fit over it?
What exactly do you want a president/country to do? Solar panels and electric cars? Wind power? Give me a F'king break.

He/She is faced with an impossible solution to a problem that won't be solved unless we solve it with our own damn decisions.

We are selfish assholes populating a country living in areas where humans have no business surviving. We burn fossil fuel for 4-6 months out of the year to stay warm and then we burn some additional fossil fuel in the summer to keep cool, meanwhile we circulate Ozone killing liquids to keep our god damn food, children, cars whatever shit cool throughout the summer and winter.

Then we feast on animals that spew methane into the atmosphere at rates that are not sustainable for the long term.

We are a god damn plague... yet we keep spawning like cockroaches. And now we're fighting with one another over whether or not we're the cause of global warming yet refusing to take personal responsibility to stop it. On both sides mind you... the "Deniers" and the "Scientists" are part of the same cesspool we call humanity and are equally guilty.

NONE of us... I mean 99.9999% are ok with ruining our lives in order to live sustainably. Which means... Not driving cars and living/working in cities. Refusing to fly, eating things that don't pollute, not using rare earth metals, refusing modern medicine etc etc. Endless lists of "progress" that was made in the last 2000 years.

IMO this is all just one big :wtf: moment of humanity. If we are worth a damn we'd stop reproducing the reduce the numbers to a more manageable amount that will allow us to live somewhat sustainably with nature or at least destroy the planet at a slower pace that will ensure the survival of the species for longer. that is the only way... but every government and country is a Ponzi scheme so this will never happen. And life will go on as prior.

That is my rant... /drops mic

What is your stance?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

If the world were to end at any time within my lifetime I think it'd be pretty cool that we get to witness it, to be honest.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

maxtdi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:42 pm Been thinking about this a fair amount...
What exactly do you want a president/country to do? Solar panels and electric cars? Wind power? Give me a F'king break.

He/She is faced with an impossible solution to a problem that won't be solved unless we solve it with our own damn decisions.

We are selfish assholes populating a country living in areas where humans have no business surviving. We burn fossil fuel for 4-6 months out of the year to stay warm and then we burn some additional fossil fuel in the summer to keep cool, meanwhile we circulate Ozone killing liquids to keep our god damn food, children, cars whatever shit cool throughout the summer and winter.

Then we feast on animals that spew methane into the atmosphere at rates that are not sustainable for the long term.

We are a god damn plague... yet we keep spawning like cockroaches. And now we're fighting with one another over whether or not we're the cause of global warming yet refusing to take personal responsibility to stop it. On both sides mind you... the "Deniers" and the "Scientists" are part of the same cesspool we call humanity and are equally guilty.

NONE of us... I mean 99.9999% are ok with ruining our lives in order to live sustainably. Which means... Not driving cars and living/working in cities. Refusing to fly, eating things that don't pollute, not using rare earth metals, refusing modern medicine etc etc. Endless lists of "progress" that was made in the last 2000 years.

IMO this is all just one big :wtf: moment of humanity. If we are worth a damn we'd stop reproducing the reduce the numbers to a more manageable amount that will allow us to live somewhat sustainably with nature or at least destroy the planet at a slower pace that will ensure the survival of the species for longer. that is the only way... but every government and country is a Ponzi scheme so this will never happen. And life will go on as prior.

What is your stance?
:doomed: :whocares:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

maxtdi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:42 pm Been thinking about this a fair amount...

What is your stance?
I hope we can work towards sustainability but I think we are totally fucked.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

datgrundle wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 am

What is your stance?
I hope we can work towards sustainability but I think we are totally fucked.
Basically :dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

global warming science is crap at best.

come at me bro
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The science is crap, the solutions are crap. Stop with the taxes already. I still think the planets temp goes up and down based on activity from the sun short term. Long term our galaxy gets sucked into a black hole.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote:global warming science is crap at best.

come at me bro
I'd like to know why you think the science is crap. Also, do you see disadvantage in having more sustainable energy sources & transportation & why? I'll be disappointed though if you won't discuss this with some level of open mindedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:The science is crap, the solutions are crap. Stop with the taxes already. I still think the planets temp goes up and down based on activity from the sun short term. Long term our galaxy gets sucked into a black hole.
Do you think the current data is made up or poorly formed? Do you have any data that you can provide regarding the sun activity?

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

datgrundle wrote:
Tarspin wrote:The science is crap, the solutions are crap. Stop with the taxes already. I still think the planets temp goes up and down based on activity from the sun short term. Long term our galaxy gets sucked into a black hole.
Do you think the current data is made up or poorly formed? Do you have any data that you can provide regarding the sun activity?

Not poorly formed, carefully formed to scare you into submission so that you get taxed more. Goldman loaded up on green energy stocks five years ago snd need to cash in sooner or later. Carbon increases have been seen in earth boring core samples over and over again. That means it's cyclical. We are talking long before the industrial revolution. What do you think was the the reason for elevated carbon readings in the past?
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:46 pm
datgrundle wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:18 pm

I'd like to know why you think the science is crap. Also, do you see disadvantage in having more sustainable energy sources & transportation & why? I'll be disappointed though if you won't discuss this with some level of open mindedness.

Hm, Sixspeeder is a :science: denier?

Didn't see that coming...
Wat, I didn't say anything in this thread for you to draw that combobulation. :iono:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Tarspin wrote:
datgrundle wrote: Do you think the current data is made up or poorly formed? Do you have any data that you can provide regarding the sun activity?

Not poorly formed, carefully formed to scare you into submission so that you get taxed more. Goldman loaded up on green energy stocks five years ago snd need to cash in sooner or later. Carbon increases have been seen in earth boring core samples over and over again. That means it's cyclical. We are talking long before the industrial revolution. What do you think was the the reason for elevated carbon readings in the past?
:dat:

I was wondering how my friends were able to buy that luxury car and new house on two teacher's salaries. Makes sense now, it was a payoff from the global conspiracy controlling all scientists.

:trollface:

Sent from the beer depository

:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

I was wondering how my friends were able to buy that luxury car and new house on two teacher's salaries. Makes sense now, it was a payoff from the global conspiracy controlling all scientists.

Haha... We aren't talking about tinfoil hats here, just added taxes. In dome ways the taxes are being added to even the playing field between industrialized nations with high environmental standards and those who take short cuts. I'm sold on the tax theory.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I think the behavior is cyclical. Earth is super resilient. Now, the overpopulation thing is what is a concern for me, but Earth has always presented getting close to if not reaching both extremes (i.e. Ice Age, etc.)
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

What is your stance?
FUCK YEAH :mahtroy:

Didn't you hear, just pay the .gov in more taxes and THEY WILL solve all climate change woes.

IMO. We are on a collision course and we can't stop that. We will adapt but you are right. Focusing in on actual issues of co2 build up, big ag and industrialization fire up RIGHT at the same time the combustion engine fires up.

I've come to greatly believe the climate is changing, and there is surely proof of the shift.

I am still a firm believer that we and our cars are not directly responsible and that we couldn't shift the climate anyway. It's past the tipping point.

No one talks about the HUGE impact industry farming has. Cow Farts Kill. We have doomed ourselves. But the answer is, clearly, more taxes.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:38 pm global warming science is crap at best.

come at me bro
proven faulty data.

BUT we have witnessed some cereal cycles. HOWEVER, historical data points still show severe swings.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 am
Tarspin wrote:

:like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SixSpeeder wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:10 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Hm, Sixspeeder is a :science: denier?

Didn't see that coming...
Wat, I didn't say anything in this thread for you to draw that combobulation. :iono:
Yea that confused me, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Here's a good chart showing how sharp of a curve we're headed down.
https://xkcd.com/1732/
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Man I can't get away with any statement or opinion without a bunch of grumpy cats attacking me. Have you guys never heard of core sampling? Carbon can be measured in the samples and it goes up and back down. Sun has an effect, that's why one side of the moon is scorching hot and the other side (in the shade) is minus 200 degrees. Also the sun has cycles of higher output. I think it has bigger impact then pollution. Anyways, that's my rant on the subject. Take it for what it's worth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote:global warming science is crap at best.

come at me bro

I had a whole thread on dfd 1.0.

1. AGW science was started to promote nukes.
2. Give enough grant money to convince the comunity that x is a problem and they will
3. The base hypothesis is crap at best.
4. the error bars on the proxy co2 measurements we use for the past or HUGE. like an order of magnitude huge.
5. even based on those measurements, co2 FOLLOWS temperature, not vice - versa.
6. Solar output and orbital path vary, alot
7. The solar wind has a huge influence. Solar wind low (low sunspot activity), allows more cosmic rays to seed clods, changing the reflectivity of the earth in a big way, making it colder. Our solar system also passes through places in the cosmos that filter more or less cosmic rays on a ~300 year cycle
8. Climate is cyclical. It has been both much hotter and much colder over the course of just recorded history.
9. IPCC, the scientists that do this work, IS NOT PEER REVIEWED SCIENCE.

I could go on.

more beef:
1. focusing on 'co2 pollution' takes away from real, actual sources of pollution. Such as the acidification of the ocean.
2. Thinly veiled way to add another tax.
3. Unrealistic goals and doomsday scenarios that never play out. 20 years ago , 2015 was supposes to be the end of the world as we know it if we didn't do something.

You can solar this, wind that all you want, but there aint enough solar power online to make a dent in the amount of power you'd need to refine silicon in the amounts you'd need to build your precious solar panels. Not to mention, steel, glass, concrete.

Do I think we should make progress to get off fossil fuels for power generation and cross ocean shipping? YES, ABSOLUTELY. but do it for the right reasons and not the wrong ones. And yes, lets build electric cars, solar plants (both photovoltaic and thermal), and the like.

Lets focus on keeping the planet clean. Focusing on the wrong problem will cause more damage in the interim to the planet, to the human race, and to the cause of good science.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

The earth was only created 6000 years ago. It'll be fine.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 pm
troyguitar wrote:The earth was only created 6000 years ago. It'll be fine.
I mean hell, we've a seen The Flintstone's. We relied on dinosaurs for everything. If we can advance from there we are fine.
:science:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:02 pm

I had a whole thread on dfd 1.0.

1. AGW science was started to promote nukes.
2. Give enough grant money to convince the comunity that x is a problem and they will
3. The base hypothesis is crap at best.
4. the error bars on the proxy co2 measurements we use for the past or HUGE. like an order of magnitude huge.
5. even based on those measurements, co2 FOLLOWS temperature, not vice - versa.
6. Solar output and orbital path vary, alot
7. The solar wind has a huge influence. Solar wind low (low sunspot activity), allows more cosmic rays to seed clods, changing the reflectivity of the earth in a big way, making it colder. Our solar system also passes through places in the cosmos that filter more or less cosmic rays on a ~300 year cycle
8. Climate is cyclical. It has been both much hotter and much colder over the course of just recorded history.
9. IPCC, the scientists that do this work, IS NOT PEER REVIEWED SCIENCE.

I could go on.

more beef:
1. focusing on 'co2 pollution' takes away from real, actual sources of pollution. Such as the acidification of the ocean.
2. Thinly veiled way to add another tax.
3. Unrealistic goals and doomsday scenarios that never play out. 20 years ago , 2015 was supposes to be the end of the world as we know it if we didn't do something.

You can solar this, wind that all you want, but there aint enough solar power online to make a dent in the amount of power you'd need to refine silicon in the amounts you'd need to build your precious solar panels. Not to mention, steel, glass, concrete.

Do I think we should make progress to get off fossil fuels for power generation and cross ocean shipping? YES, ABSOLUTELY. but do it for the right reasons and not the wrong ones. And yes, lets build electric cars, solar plants (both photovoltaic and thermal), and the like.

Lets focus on keeping the planet clean. Focusing on the wrong problem will cause more damage in the interim to the planet, to the human race, and to the cause of good science.
:fuckyeah:

brief :fax: