Political Wasteland

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am https://reason.com/2019/11/06/a-michiga ... e-profits/

:wtf:

:triggered:

Reason always hits me in the :fshitup: feels.
You never really "own" any property in this country. Super :|

In MI, if you have any delinquent taxes owed for three consecutive years, the county can take your shit and pocket the profit. BUT, you're notified well in advance. This article is a bit one sided.

How do I know?

When I lived in Detroit in 2014, I was around a ton of people delinquent on their taxes. I remember talking to my neighbor about getting "another tax foreclosure notice" and she'd call the county to work out some extension or payment plan.
One sided or not, I hope the fuckers in that office that took his house die a slow horrible death.

An 83 year old displaced from his house over $9 ? Fuck that state, another reason to not live there.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 pm

In MI, if you have any delinquent taxes owed for three consecutive years, the county can take your shit and pocket the profit. BUT, you're notified well in advance. This article is a bit one sided.

How do I know?

When I lived in Detroit in 2014, I was around a ton of people delinquent on their taxes. I remember talking to my neighbor about getting "another tax foreclosure notice" and she'd call the county to work out some extension or payment plan.
One sided or not, I hope the fuckers in that office that took his house die a slow horrible death.

An 83 year old displaced from his house over $9 ? Fuck that state, another reason to not live there.
reading further down the article, the headline is a hair click baity. He was retired and bought this in an upcoming area circa 2011/12 (as a rental or investment). He later moved from the town. He miscalculated interest on a tax underpayment and missed the notices as he wasn't living in the house.

Still a wtf process over a very small sum of money.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am https://reason.com/2019/11/06/a-michiga ... e-profits/

:wtf:

:triggered:

Reason always hits me in the :fshitup: feels.

How do I know?

while i agree, sums of money owed under $100 should not be able to be fast tracked through this process.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 pm

reading further down the article, the headline is a hair click baity. He was retired and bought this in an upcoming area circa 2011/12 (as a rental or investment). He later moved from the town. He miscalculated interest on a tax underpayment and missed the notices as he wasn't living in the house.

Okay, that changes things a little, but still, for $9 even California and it's vampire .gov wouldn't take your house.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:39 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Okay, that changes things a little, but still, for $9 even California and it's vampire .gov wouldn't take your house.
yeah. I see how it could happen. But him living in it or not, there should be a check-balance or go/nogo formula to prevent this fucking headline.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:42 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:39 pm

yeah. I see how it could happen. But him living in it or not, there should be a check-balance or go/nogo formula to prevent this fucking headline.
They probably just thought he was a :mahtroy: and nobody would care/notice.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:44 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:42 pm

They probably just thought he was a :mahtroy: and nobody would care/notice.
:zing:

whats fuckt is you are probably :notwrong: And to think, after college in 2010/11 we thought it would be cool to buy a warehouse in Detroit and do cool shit.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

tell me where he is wrong

Also LOL, this is also all true

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.