Global Warming - Discussion-Rant

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 pm

There is only one solution. Population control. off every single kid in the family one above 2. Or easier yet, woman had 2, yank her tubes. Done. "oh what about the poors" do it there as well. Have it be mandatory for doctors to complete 2 tours abroad before graduation in all developed nations. They'll perform the surgeries for free as part of their training.

In 50 years pollution levels will be just fine. Earth population needs to be at/under 1B current levels are just atrocious.

Nice and easy and no one has to die a terrible death or we can go on like this and die in floods/fires/famines because :thisisfine:

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 pm

max225 wrote:There is only one solution. Population control. off every single kid in the family one above 2. Or easier yet, woman had 2, yank her tubes. Done. "oh what about the poors" do it there as well. Have it be mandatory for doctors to complete 2 tours abroad before graduation in all developed nations. They'll perform the surgeries for free as part of their training.

In 50 years pollution levels will be just fine. Earth population needs to be at/under 1B current levels are just atrocious.

Nice and easy and no one has to die a terrible death or we can go on like this and die in floods/fires/famines because :thisisfine:
Most (all?) world economies are pyramid schemes which only function with constant growth :doe:

max225

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:28 pm

troyguitar wrote:
max225 wrote:There is only one solution. Population control. off every single kid in the family one above 2. Or easier yet, woman had 2, yank her tubes. Done. "oh what about the poors" do it there as well. Have it be mandatory for doctors to complete 2 tours abroad before graduation in all developed nations. They'll perform the surgeries for free as part of their training.

Most (all?) world economies are pyramid schemes which only function with constant growth :doe:
Nothing will function with no earth.

troyguitar

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 pm

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Not gonna be an issue while I'm alive. :whocares:

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: Microbus

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Some decent points being made here. :like:

max225

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:02 pm

troyguitar wrote:
max225 wrote:
I guess you haven’t noticed all the shit already happening ... only a matter until you’re a affected too. I was all high and mighty and then fires the last 4 years... now I have air purifiers and can’t do shit outside in 3/4 falls.

Only going to get worse from here if we keep breeding at this pace. But yea :thisisfine:

troyguitar

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 pm

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
I guess you haven’t noticed all the shit already happening ... only a matter until you’re a affected too. I was all high and mighty and then fires the last 4 years... now I have air purifiers and can’t do shit outside in 3/4 falls.

Only going to get worse from here if we keep breeding at this pace. But yea :thisisfine:
I've never lived anywhere with pleasant weather for more than maybe 30 days a year, so living 90+% indoors is pretty normal to me.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 pm

In typical holier then though fashion we get this attitude over and over again. Whether a politician or aspiring politician actually offers hard facts they continue to spew propaganda for the sake of personal gain.

In this case my very own and highly respected fellow Canadian readies himself for his new role:

https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... ssil-fuels

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Not to say that I dont wish for a renewable energy source that works but let's be real here.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 am

troyguitar wrote:

Constant growth is unsustainable.

At some point, a collapse is inevitable.

This thread has gone to some interesting places.
Zildor the Magificent
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Red Miata

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 pm
The risks are pretty big too. People will be checking off viable sources of energy and productivity in the name of saving the planet and at a time where economic missteps can have a major impact on the wellness of many people on all levels.

A strategic alternative to polluting culprits should be presented and accurately assessed prior to the pitch fork and flaming torches coming out, at least for the sake of the wellness of modern society.
I missed this post, but it bears quoting because it's 100% true. if we don't replace carbon-based power generation with nuclear power, people will die. The science says that too, but what's more important, global warming or actual people's lives?
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:12 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:32 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 pm
The risks are pretty big too. People will be checking off viable sources of energy and productivity in the name of saving the planet and at a time where economic missteps can have a major impact on the wellness of many people on all levels.

A strategic alternative to polluting culprits should be presented and accurately assessed prior to the pitch fork and flaming torches coming out, at least for the sake of the wellness of modern society.
I missed this post, but it bears quoting because it's 100% true. if we don't replace carbon-based power generation with nuclear power, people will die. The science says that too, but what's more important, global warming or actual people's lives?
The planet was much warmer during the era of dinosaurs, long before humans existed. It was also much colder during the ice age then it was in the early 1900s prior to industrialization. Do we know what is making the planet warmer for sure? Some scientists say it is carbon pollution, others say that the earth's temps are influenced by the sun and the earth's orbit around it.

Will carbon reduction lower the earth's ascent? Probably but to think that it will eliminate it completely is a best guess. Why not put our best foot forward anyways right! However, before we try to remove fossil fuels or any other fuel source a viability study needs to be done by an unbiased trustable and capable group to ensure that it is being replaced with something that WORKS! The replacement power source also needs to be assessed for possible future environmental impact before being deployed.

Essentially stop spinning our wheels without a plan that works.

• Information