DFD crashes the NYIAS/NAIAS

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Thinking about renting a car for the weekend and driving down. Either first or second weekend not sure. If nobody else wants to go I'll accept tips on where to stay/park etc.
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm Thinking about renting a car for the weekend and driving down. Either first or second weekend not sure. If nobody else wants to go I'll accept tips on where to stay/park etc.
What are the dates?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm Thinking about renting a car for the weekend and driving down. Either first or second weekend not sure. If nobody else wants to go I'll accept tips on where to stay/park etc.
What are the dates?
April 10-19
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:31 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm

What are the dates?
April 10-19
Yes I'd strongly consider this!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'd one up the anti and say that Detroit to my beach house in Grand Bend is like 2 hrs away, so all participants do a tour around the southern peninsula of Lake Huron and stay at my place. It can house up to 14 people but dudes usually don't like sharing beds so there are seven queen beds and a pull out couch, eight of us can be comfortable. We split the cleaning cost and BYOB.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm I'd one up the anti and say that Detroit to my beach house in Grand Bend is like 2 hrs away, so all participants do a tour around the southern peninsula of Lake Huron and stay at my place. It can house up to 14 people but dudes usually don't like sharing beds so there are seven queen beds and a pull out couch, eight of us can be comfortable. We split the cleaning cost and BYOB.
I’d get in on this if I was local.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm I'd one up the anti and say that Detroit to my beach house in Grand Bend is like 2 hrs away, so all participants do a tour around the southern peninsula of Lake Huron and stay at my place. It can house up to 14 people but dudes usually don't like sharing beds so there are seven queen beds and a pull out couch, eight of us can be comfortable. We split the cleaning cost and BYOB.
I’d get in on this if I was local.
::fuckyeah: , by April the night life is there and the beach is great to look at :hubba:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Isn't the lake still frozen in April?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:43 pm Isn't the lake still frozen in April?
Yeah too cold to swim in but people are out sun bathing and there are boardwalks and shops open everywhere. Prime time for sure is June to Sept. There is also like 5 bars walking distance, Gables has decent bands at times. There is a track/drag strip close by. It wouldn't be boring.

It would be open invite to DFD crew and free.99
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The Detroit show is in June this year? This sounds incredible and I could drive :poorvette: through Canada. It's about 5hrs which is the same for me to drive to NYC anyways.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:16 am
The Detroit show is in June this year? This sounds incredible and I could drive :poorvette: through Canada. It's about 5hrs which is the same for me to drive to NYC anyways.
Oh cool, not sure where I saw April or how I mixed up venues, June 13th or 20th weekend looks like the publicly open days, correct? If it happens I'll block off the days for us.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:16 am

Oh cool, not sure where I saw April or how I mixed up venues, June 13th or 20th weekend looks like the publicly open days, correct? If it happens I'll block off the days for us.
This sounds better than the NY show to me. Feel free to take over this thread or start a new one :boner:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:44 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 am

This sounds better than the NY show to me. Feel free to take over this thread or start a new one :boner:
Nah, I thought the acronym stood for North American" :derp:

I'm thinking that Detroit is going to be too for for the majority, but if there is real interest then the offer still stand to host an after party and place to stay.

Along the lines of NY Auto Show, I'd be interested in that as well.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:drunk: :derp: mixing up my letters haha
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Hmm, I may partake on this if we go as a group and find a meeting spot somewhere in Jersey. Would be a fun long day-trip
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:31 am Auto show in Geneva canceled due to Coronavirus... :doomed:
Don't you bring that evil to DFD
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:43 pm Isn't the lake still frozen in April?
Yeah too cold to swim in but people are out sun bathing and there are boardwalks and shops open everywhere. Prime time for sure is June to Sept. There is also like 5 bars walking distance, Gables has decent bands at times. There is a track/drag strip close by. It wouldn't be boring.

Where is this? Sounds pretty nice. Must somehow be a lot warmer than here, I don't plan on taking my winter tires off until May.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:56 am
Tarspin wrote:

Where is this? Sounds pretty nice. Must somehow be a lot warmer than here, I don't plan on taking my winter tires off until May.
I mixed up NAIAS (June) with NYIAS (April) dates, if we do the prior then we go to my place after we leave the show, which is probably 2hrs or less (from Detroit).

Here is a link that I advert with:
https://www.instagram.com/grandbendfamilyrentals/?hl=en

Just look up Grand Bend, Ontario

If we do NYIAS then that's a different story, the travel time/distance wouldn't make sense, I'd still be trying to figure out a way to partake :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:48 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:46 am

Don't you bring that evil to DFD
Any kind of Coronas I'm bringing to DFD will have limes.
The beer farts will be just as potent
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:44 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:48 am

Any kind of Coronas I'm bringing to DFD will have limes.
The beer farts will be just as potent
fuck that, I'll bring some dogfish :beer:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Has anyone here actually driven into NYC? I just booked a parking spot near the convention center for cheap, but I'm not sure how big of a pain it'll be too actually get there.
troyguitar

It's terrible but doable. Parking is the hardest thing to do in NYC so you should be OK with a spot already booked.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:25 am It's terrible but doable. Parking is the hardest thing to do in NYC so you should be OK with a spot already booked.
I thought $20 for a indoor spot .5mi from the show wastoo good to pass up with free cancellation. :truckyeah:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

My airboat dont have that kinda range.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 pm Best thing to do is park in Weehawken and take the ferry across.

Fuck driving in NYC man.
I've never done public transportation in my life is like to make it to the convention center the same day :lolol: