The NOLA High Steaks 500: Troy vs Teh Fax

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

It's the only reasonably priced way to get some halfway decent data logging and analysis capability. Anything else is thousands of :troywax:
wow. I feel like id benefit way more from an evo school first, so :nope:
It's especially helpful with co-drivers (and at national-style events where you only get 3 runs per driver). You can quickly see which approaches are faster in which sections and make positive changes from run to run. In highly competitive classes like ES, STR, CS, etc. the extra time you can pick up from having solid data analysis can be the difference between 1st and 10th.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

wow. I feel like id benefit way more from an evo school first, so :nope:
It's especially helpful with co-drivers (and at national-style events where you only get 3 runs per driver). You can quickly see which approaches are faster in which sections and make positive changes from run to run. In highly competitive classes like ES, STR, CS, etc. the extra time you can pick up from having solid data analysis can be the difference between 1st and 10th.
No doubt. I'm just sayin that before i get to that level...and Evo school would help me personally more.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Were you GoPro'ing or some chinese knock-off?
Garmin Virb. it could be a good thing but the stupid thing will wait in standby forever vs powering off after say, 15 minutes
seems you’ve had bad luck with Garmin shit lately.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:35 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Garmin Virb. it could be a good thing but the stupid thing will wait in standby forever vs powering off after say, 15 minutes
seems you’ve had bad luck with Garmin shit lately.
:notsure:

this is the only garmin product I own....
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:34 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:28 pm

No doubt. I'm just sayin that before i get to that level...and Evo school would help me personally more.
:word:

I'm not quite there yet either and TBH not sure whether I even want to get there. It sounds like it's too much work vs fun at that point. I like showing up and being pretty fast without dicking with anything on the car besides monitoring tire pressures. If that means I end up 10th at nats instead of winning, that's OK.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:35 pm seems you’ve had bad luck with Garmin shit lately.

Dunno why I thought you had the garmin fitness monitors too
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Dunno why I thought you had the garmin fitness monitors too
nah.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm It's the only reasonably priced way to get some halfway decent data logging and analysis capability. Anything else is thousands of :troywax:
TrackAddict has been working well for me and even with also paying for RaceRender, isn't $200. I also don't have an Android so cannot do SoloStorm anyway.

I spent more on that in hardware, but, hey, pay to play.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Gay for pay? What?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm not quite there yet either and TBH not sure whether I even want to get there. It sounds like it's too much work vs fun at that point. I like showing up and being pretty fast without dicking with anything on the car besides monitoring tire pressures. If that means I end up 10th at nats instead of winning, that's OK.
Shit man, you're definitely up there. Like we said, our resident Stig down here is Kerry in STR. I'm willing to bet you'd give him a run for his money in his own damn car. You were (relatively) right on his ass considering you were in a stock class and his car literally has the best of the best of nearly every part under that hood and suspension.

Going nuts with schools and recording your runs, I dig it, but I'm still casual about it. I like to compete but I also like to have competition and not totally dominate. Which is why it was kind of refreshing that the Camaro beat me on day 2. Gives me something to aim for.
I like the analyzing though. I like breaking a course down on paper and looking at videos of runs to find out what I'm doing wrong. Some people just like to drive. Which is all fine, just have fun where you want to have it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:09 pm

Shit man, you're definitely up there. Like we said, our resident Stig down here is Kerry in STR. I'm willing to bet you'd give him a run for his money in his own damn car. You were (relatively) right on his ass considering you were in a stock class and his car literally has the best of the best of nearly every part under that hood and suspension.

Going nuts with schools and recording your runs, I dig it, but I'm still casual about it. I like to compete but I also like to have competition and not totally dominate. Which is why it was kind of refreshing that the Camaro beat me on day 2. Gives me something to aim for.
I like the analyzing though. I like breaking a course down on paper and looking at videos of runs to find out what I'm doing wrong. Some people just like to drive. Which is all fine, just have fun where you want to have it.
hes got a 100 grand under the hood of that car :neek:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm
:lolol:
William went thru everything that he's got in it, and he literally said nearly every upgradeable part is high dolla.
I'd PVC that intake and take the money I saved and blow it on blow and leather t-shirts
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm
:lolol:
William went thru everything that he's got in it, and he literally said nearly every upgradeable part is high dolla.
I'd PVC that intake and take the money I saved and blow it on blow and leather t-shirts
he no bs prob has 10-15k in the s2k over what the car costs.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:09 pm

I still don't quite have the consistency to be that fast all of the time - especially at national level events where you only get 3 runs and the courses are longer so there are more chances to make mistakes on each run. The top national guys are at full speed on their very first run, it's nuts. My fastest times are usually in runs 5-6.