OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am How was everyone's weekend?

Pretty low key for me, hung out with a buddy Friday night and helped him install a car stereo in his Honda Shit for some free Taco Bell.

Saturday I went grocery shopping, did a first round of leaf blowing and some other shit around the house, long walk with the :doge: , etc. Yesterday we had to go to the in-laws for lunch/dinner (country people in the south always have meals at like 3 PM for some reason). I rode my bike out there which was pretty nice, 60 miles through rural NC.

All-in-all, :notbad: at all, but bummed to be back at work so soon. The in-laws were surprisingly tolerable and only brought up politics/COVID two times, limiting :triggered:
Pretty low key here. The weather was glorious all weekend. 60's and sunny with low humidity. :megusta:
Did a bit of gardening on Saturday then went through the process of buttoning up the :haus: for winter, which included replacing the louvered screens that I built for the 3 windows in the attic with glass panes, closing all storm windows throughout the rest of the :haus: , turning on the boiler, then bleeding all 18 radiators that can be bled. Whole process takes about an hour and a half or so. Took a couple of nice long walks, then visited mom at her rehab facility. She might get out in another 8 days or so.
:nice:

It is beautiful here as well, perfect week honestly. I also went on some long walks with the :doge: , he is always stoked for cooler weather as he is a long haired boi.

Glad to hear your mom's rehab is moving along too!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Pretty low key for me, hung out with a buddy Friday night and helped him install a car stereo in his Honda Shit for some free Taco Bell.

Saturday I went grocery shopping, did a first round of leaf blowing and some other shit around the house, long walk with the :doge: , etc. Yesterday we had to go to the in-laws for lunch/dinner (country people in the south always have meals at like 3 PM for some reason). I rode my bike out there which was pretty nice, 60 miles through rural NC.

All-in-all, :notbad: at all, but bummed to be back at work so soon. The in-laws were surprisingly tolerable and only brought up politics/COVID two times, limiting :triggered:
Other than a bad start on my saturday, it was a pretty busy day as far as socializing goes. Hung out with a couple friends in DC to catch up, go for a run and ate sweetgreens. Headed home, my family, a couple of my family friends and I were gonna go to a winery but it was raining. At that point, we all decided to skip that headed to a cute little town called Clifton (where :narc: and I hung out in our early :dock: sesh) in the middle of the woods, there's this nice italian restaurant that has a nice outdoor eating space with a bonfire pit. It was :nice:

Yesterday had a bunch of errands, then headed to my friends wedding in DC. Hosted at a really fancy place and we ate outside, it was quite rowdy and nowadays it's :thisisfine: needless to say I have not yet gotten any symptoms and hope it continues that way for the next few days. Oh and I had a mild hangover this morning.

On another note, I may potentially get my new daily this week, but going with a different direction from my original choice. Keep your eyes peeled on dfd snap.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:02 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Pretty low key here. The weather was glorious all weekend. 60's and sunny with low humidity. :megusta:
Did a bit of gardening on Saturday then went through the process of buttoning up the :haus: for winter, which included replacing the louvered screens that I built for the 3 windows in the attic with glass panes, closing all storm windows throughout the rest of the :haus: , turning on the boiler, then bleeding all 18 radiators that can be bled. Whole process takes about an hour and a half or so. Took a couple of nice long walks, then visited mom at her rehab facility. She might get out in another 8 days or so.
:nice:

It is beautiful here as well, perfect week honestly. I also went on some long walks with the :doge: , he is always stoked for cooler weather as he is a long haired boi.

Glad to hear your mom's rehab is moving along too!
Thanks, :bruh: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

F1 race this weekend :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That sounds like a fun time. Minus covid talk!

I visited my best friend and his woman in the promised land (Texas) was an interesting time for the most part. Flooding and epic storms when we landed then hot as balls next day (89 felt like 96 per app) then perfect 75f for two days.
Not sure I would ever move to Texas but it was nice enough when the weather permitted. Was a bit shocked to see the demographic shift… Austin is filled with 18-35 year olds without kids. It wasn’t like this 2 years ago.

Also 16 buildings under construction that are 32 stories or higher downtown. City is basically growing like sf was from 12-19.

Food and drinks are pricy … aka same as everywhere else that’s not a hole in the wall. Gas at 2.79 was impressive. Roads in Texas were surprisingly shitty, I’d def rock a truck there like god intended.

Had major bbq that was Delish and saw some sights … can’t complain now en route to Vegas for a bachelor party.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad: on the Austin + Las Vegas in one week :jelly:

I like Austin but I don’t think I could ever live there. It would probably be my top choice in TX, definitely good BBQ! I just don’t know that I find it geographically worth the price it now commands. If I’m paying out the ass, I’d take the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, South Florida or somewhere else’s nice weather and scenery. There’s also not really anywhere that great to take weekend trips to from there, IMO.

We have similar explosive growth here :doe: It’s a blessing and a curse.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 am :notbad: on the Austin + Las Vegas in one week :jelly:

I like Austin but I don’t think I could ever live there. It would probably be my top choice in TX, definitely good BBQ! I just don’t know that I find it geographically worth the price it now commands. If I’m paying out the ass, I’d take the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, South Florida or somewhere else’s nice weather and scenery. There’s also not really anywhere that great to take weekend trips to from there, IMO.

How’s your traffic ? Austin was baaad. Couple that with 0 public transit and those scooters that we had years ago and banned and it’s just an epic shit show
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 am :notbad: on the Austin + Las Vegas in one week :jelly:

How’s your traffic ? Austin was baaad. Couple that with 0 public transit and those scooters that we had years ago and banned and it’s just an epic shit show
Fucking terrible. Post (during?) COVID it is worse than ever before... to the point that I just hate driving between the hours of 7AM-7PM now and avoid it whenever possible, even on weekends. The driving is awful as well, everyone on phones, no one looking at a damn thing. It is abhorrent.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29 am

Fucking terrible. Post (during?) COVID it is worse than ever before... to the point that I just hate driving between the hours of 7AM-7PM now and avoid it whenever possible, even on weekends. The driving is awful as well, everyone on phones, no one looking at a damn thing. It is abhorrent.
Remind me why owning a fun car makes sense anymore?

Even in the middle of nowhere traffic is bad now. I think if you live in what's now considered a desirable area, traffic is just horrible. I drive the Cucktrek like a pod (let it drive itself as much as possible), and it's pretty great for reducing :rage: at traffic and dumb people.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now that you reminded me, I almost got into an accident because someone pulled out and did a rolling stop without even looking. I was surprised how the pos HRV stopped.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Last night I almost got myself a Honda Passport, but man that honda dealer were fucking crooks and asked me to pay $800 per month with dp at minimum :gtfo:

After a few negotiation attempts, the sales breh brought his manager over, who looked like the dude who would cheat on his wife. Wearing a green suit with a dirty beard comes to me and talks :bs: I simply made the i'll sleep on it excuse, walked away and ignore their calls for the time being. I might potentially get the accord sport 2.0t, will go to the different :diller: first thing in the morning to whether I will pull the final plunge or not. Talked some numbers today on a particular juan that's currently in transit. :excited: wish me luck.

Ps. The honduh passport is quite quick (stock mk6 gti quick), super huge on the inside, awd was pretty good too. but the steering wheel looseness (esp on sport mode) leaves a lot to be desired, even the hrv has a better weighted steering.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 pm Last night I almost got myself a Honda Passport, but man that honda dealer were fucking crooks and asked me to pay $800 per month with dp at minimum :gtfo:

After a few negotiation attempts, the sales breh brought his manager over, who looked like the dude who would cheat on his wife. Wearing a green suit with a dirty beard comes to me and talks :bs: I simply made the i'll sleep on it excuse, walked away and ignore their calls for the time being. I might potentially get the accord sport 2.0t, will go to the different :diller: first thing in the morning to whether I will pull the final plunge or not. Talked some numbers today on a particular juan that's currently in transit. :excited: wish me luck.

Ps. The honduh passport is quite quick (stock mk6 gti quick), super huge on the inside, awd was pretty good too. but the steering wheel looseness (esp on sport mode) leaves a lot to be desired, even the hrv has a better weighted steering.
:butwhy: You're not even a mom yet.

:trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Even in the middle of nowhere traffic is bad now. I think if you live in what's now considered a desirable area, traffic is just horrible. I drive the Cucktrek like a pod (let it drive itself as much as possible), and it's pretty great for reducing :rage: at traffic and dumb people.
:iono: There are plenty of opportunities to use fun cars, it just requires a bit more work to get there. I enjoy the Beemah as it's boring when I want it to be and somewhat fun when I want it to be. I still prefer a :manuel: even in traffic. There really aren't 'opportunities to have fun' in normal commuting in errands anymore here though. Back when I was in high school it was a different world driving in Charlotte.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:04 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 pm Last night I almost got myself a Honda Passport, but man that honda dealer were fucking crooks and asked me to pay $800 per month with dp at minimum :gtfo:

:dat: :dat:
:wtf:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm

:iono: There are plenty of opportunities to use fun cars, it just requires a bit more work to get there. I enjoy the Beemah as it's boring when I want it to be and somewhat fun when I want it to be. I still prefer a :manuel: even in traffic. There really aren't 'opportunities to have fun' in normal commuting in errands anymore here though. Back when I was in high school it was a different world driving in Charlotte.
After driving in istanbul, I can definitely live with a :manuel: in the DMV. I also can confirm the same for the DMV, since 2015, drivers here have became a lot crazier and more aggressive.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Im already driving a mom car as a rental, honda hrv.

Also passports are literally underrated. J series NA engine, awd, 9 speed auto, 0-60 in 6.2. Fucking huge interior, plenty of room for activities
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm

Because I Ioathe CVT. Passport is masculine but deep down im a malaka girlfriend :hue:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:11 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm

Because I Ioathe CVT. Passport is masculine but deep down im a malaka girlfriend :hue:
:lolol:

And a big :notsure: on the bolded.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Also passports are literally underrated. J series NA engine, awd, 9 speed auto, 0-60 in 6.2. Fucking huge interior, plenty of room for activities
:butwhy: is space for a family of five needed? :iono: I do not approve, 100% not on board with this plan.

If you want an SUV, you should get a GLA45.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:20 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:11 pm

:lolol:

And a big :notsure: on the bolded.
Its advertised as such (ie rugged) when in reality it is essentially a shorter 2 row pilot and slightly higher as well.

I have :nope: out doe
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:33 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:02 pm

:butwhy: is space for a family of five needed? :iono: I do not approve, 100% not on board with this plan.

I going in tomorrow to finalize the deal on an accord 2.0t sport, also it haz 10 speed, not a cvt. I :nope: the passport. Also the car is either arriving to the dealer tomorrow or the next day.

And they come with 235 tires
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:50 pm

I going in tomorrow to finalize the deal on an accord 2.0t sport, also it haz 10 speed, not a cvt. I :nope: the passport. Also the car is either arriving to the dealer tomorrow or the next day.

Are you getting rid of the GTI?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Are you getting rid of the GTI?
I already sold the GTI 10 months ago :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad:

The newer Accords are rather :nice:

Seems out of the blue :doe: , no endless thread/tire kicking?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 pm

:notbad:

The newer Accords are rather :nice:

Seems out of the blue :doe: , no endless thread/tire kicking?
It is nice, nicer than my 04 tsx actually. I sat behind myself on driverseat, and have good 5-6 inches of legroom.

No more tire kicking as far as a daily driver goes, plus I also didn't think about the terrible market, I also decided to be more responsible as well. Have been to roundel dealers, an audi dealer, acura, and couple more, there's isn't much that I liked on the inventory. I decided to get a fun car once the market starts to normalize, depending on either trade in (doubt that) or use the 'cord for "nfg" daily/winter "beater"

I kinda didn't wanted to disclose until I knew for sure for my final decision. The passport has been on my mind for 1.5 weeks now, I somehow couldn't lock the deal for one. My intention was to easily carry bikes and since I go to rehoboth beach often I thought it would be fun on sand and camp (keep with with my family friend and cousin as they started to camp with their hummer h3 and 4runner). The spec I wanted is either the dealer wanted way too much or other dealers don't have exactly what I want (exl with awd). Their awd uses some sort of special torque vectoring as opposed to the realtime awd or what else honda have these days (deff different with my hrv rental). I was :disappoint: with the car when I test drove it, outside of the powah and other things I was looking for, plus pig on gas.