OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm

I don't like my job enough to quit the sauce. It would be far more conceivable in full retirement.
I never really desire a drink after work... I don't like my job but it is pretty low stress/easy, jus boring as shit. Mosttimes after work I want to mow the grass, cook dinner, fix something, other productive shit that engages my mind and body as my work really doesn't. For me I really miss it socially/out and about. The wife and I went to the mountains last weekend and we went out for a couple of meals, a brewery, etc. It would've been nice to have some drinks at those things. Similarly when we have people over and everyone but me has had booze, meh.

I enjoy being buzzed and would like to have more than just one, I just hate that once I've had 3-4 my brain always seems to scream "more, more, more" and it's tough to just stop and chill at a nice level.
Eh, you sound like you have the demon in your gunsights.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm

I don't like my job enough to quit the sauce. It would be far more conceivable in full retirement.
I never really desire a drink after work... I don't like my job but it is pretty low stress/easy, jus boring as shit. Mosttimes after work I want to mow the grass, cook dinner, fix something, other productive shit that engages my mind and body as my work really doesn't. For me I really miss it socially/out and about. The wife and I went to the mountains last weekend and we went out for a couple of meals, a brewery, etc. It would've been nice to have some drinks at those things. Similarly when we have people over and everyone but me has had booze, meh.

I enjoy being buzzed and would like to have more than just one, I just hate that once I've had 3-4 my brain always seems to scream "more, more, more" and it's tough to just stop and chill at a nice level.
The only thing I really go for in excess anymore is margaritas. Otherwise, I'll do about two beers and then I feel full.

What keeps me from going overboard is remembering how shitty my hangovers can get, and aside from feeling like shit from the hangover, I hate myself for wasting a day and getting nothing done.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Greetings from Hawaii!
SAWCE

SAWCE

Found this cool old Catholic church called the Painted Church yesterday driving around exploring. Popped into a local honey farm as well and sampled a few different honeys; had to buy two of them they were so good.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:10 pm Layover in Chicago, hoped to sit at a bar and have a beer or two. Nope, what few bars are open are JAMMED. This is the same as my experience back in September. Fucking air travel blows so hard lately. I've had a goddamned mask on straight since 2:30. I land at 11, so almost 8 hours of non stop mask. Over it.
Yep, we've had the same experience on almost every flight, the CLT to Hartford round trip a few weeks ago was rather dece. Hawaii, Arizona, Iceland, may be missing one or two, were all shit.

I would just drive to Detroit and fly direct on Delta. It will take less time probably, less likelihood of getting trapped in Chicago, etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 am

The only thing I really go for in excess anymore is margaritas. Otherwise, I'll do about two beers and then I feel full.

What keeps me from going overboard is remembering how shitty my hangovers can get, and aside from feeling like shit from the hangover, I hate myself for wasting a day and getting nothing done.
Yep, I get so annoyed when I waste an entire weekend day due to 30+ y.o. hangovers.... bleh.

I think my strategy when I get back on the wagon will be to set limits going into it. Like, if I'm partying and want to go for it, that is OK from time to time, but that should be like, 8 beers, not 14. And then if it's just a chill night setting a limit of 2-5 drinks depending. The other thing is making sure a drink is actually a drink. A 16 ounce 8% IPA is not really one beer, and four of those will wreck me and provide a hangover of epic proportions.

I generally am obsessive over keeping commitments, so I think if I say, I am only having four beers tonight, nothing more, I will stick with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:28 pm Image

:fuckyeah:

Happy Honeymoon :sawce: !

Hawaii is the best.
Desertbreh

Looking good.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:55 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 am

Yep, I get so annoyed when I waste an entire weekend day due to 30+ y.o. hangovers.... bleh.

I think my strategy when I get back on the wagon will be to set limits going into it. Like, if I'm partying and want to go for it, that is OK from time to time, but that should be like, 8 beers, not 14. And then if it's just a chill night setting a limit of 2-5 drinks depending. The other thing is making sure a drink is actually a drink. A 16 ounce 8% IPA is not really one beer, and four of those will wreck me and provide a hangover of epic proportions.

I generally am obsessive over keeping commitments, so I think if I say, I am only having four beers tonight, nothing more, I will stick with it.
One beer:

It's good that you are setting your limits and realize the steps you need to take. For me, I can usually keep things in check because I'm typically the one who is driving.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:55 pm

One beer:

It's good that you are setting your limits and realize the steps you need to take. For me, I can usually keep things in check because I'm typically the one who is driving.
Fortunately there is often not driving required here... we can walk to a bunch of breweries and stuff, more often than not though, we just chill on our patio with people. It's a blessing and a curse.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:26 pm Greetings from Hawaii!
:fuckyeah:

Nice pics.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sounds like a hell of a honeymoon, enjoy your time there!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Thanks guys! Pretty fun trip so far. About to go check out an octopus farm.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:55 pm Thanks guys! Pretty fun trip so far. About to go check out an octopus farm.
Sounds delicious!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Morning guys!

So I went to DC early in the morning to meet up with a couple friends to go for a run, plus I have bought something for her in Turkey as well

On the way, I took the 395 (which is often known as one of the most congested in all of nova in rush hour), but being a Saturday, I should not ran into it right? WRONG. However, the old dc traffic is back. So a sense of normalcy? :iono:

I decided to take an earlier exit cause I was planning on filling up on the way (since gas is cheap in that area). Which involves lights and multiple lanes to turn left, etc. After I entered the road where there's lot of merging involved on both sides, I got stuck behind a clapped out E class (same gen as daughter desert drives) with a cracked driverside mirror. People were constantly "cutting him off" cause he was leaving a lot of space (im talking greyhound bus space) and I proceeded to do the same. Out of all the 5 drives, the guy had the audacity to altercate with me, by attempting to bottleneck me and calls me a motherfucker with his :amir: accent.

I verbally ignored him, and the person behind me left enough space (not with the intent of my situation) so I can reverse and get to the right turning lane. It was at an intersection with an apartment complex, so I made a right, did a uturn and turned right back into the road ahead of him while he was still stuck in red. Caught me again at the second light, tries to pass me on the turning lane where I decided to go on 2 lanes to block him, and purposely drove slower than others. Then practically sat on my blindspot for good few mins until I made my turn (at the time I was assuming he was gonna follow me), but he went straight and went our separate ways.

All I did was basically not get myself involved to be in any sort of physical altercation and not let a stranger ruin my day, I used mild tactics to see what he's going to do. Given the cosmetic damage to his car he seems to do that crap pretty often.

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Well holy shit did I have a Friday. I'm going to update my car thread in a few...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:54 am Morning guys!

So I went to DC early in the morning to meet up with a couple friends to go for a run, plus I have bought something for her in Turkey as well

On the way, I took the 395 (which is often known as one of the most congested in all of nova in rush hour), but being a Saturday, I should not ran into it right? WRONG. However, the old dc traffic is back. So a sense of normalcy? :iono:

I decided to take an earlier exit cause I was planning on filling up on the way (since gas is cheap in that area). Which involves lights and multiple lanes to turn left, etc. After I entered the road where there's lot of merging involved on both sides, I got stuck behind a clapped out E class (same gen as daughter desert drives) with a cracked driverside mirror. People were constantly "cutting him off" cause he was leaving a lot of space (im talking greyhound bus space) and I proceeded to do the same. Out of all the 5 drives, the guy had the audacity to altercate with me, by attempting to bottleneck me and calls me a motherfucker with his :amir: accent.

I verbally ignored him, and the person behind me left enough space (not with the intent of my situation) so I can reverse and get to the right turning lane. It was at an intersection with an apartment complex, so I made a right, did a uturn and turned right back into the road ahead of him while he was still stuck in red. Caught me again at the second light, tries to pass me on the turning lane where I decided to go on 2 lanes to block him, and purposely drove slower than others. Then practically sat on my blindspot for good few mins until I made my turn (at the time I was assuming he was gonna follow me), but he went straight and went our separate ways.

All I did was basically not get myself involved to be in any sort of physical altercation and not let a stranger ruin my day, I used mild tactics to see what he's going to do. Given the cosmetic damage to his car he seems to do that crap pretty often.

:lolol: Dude you are the Road Rage King. :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 am Well holy shit did I have a Friday. I'm going to update my car thread in a few...
:plac: :plac: :plac:
:plac: :popcorn: :plac:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How was everyone's weekend?

Pretty low key for me, hung out with a buddy Friday night and helped him install a car stereo in his Honda Shit for some free Taco Bell.

Saturday I went grocery shopping, did a first round of leaf blowing and some other shit around the house, long walk with the :doge: , etc. Yesterday we had to go to the in-laws for lunch/dinner (country people in the south always have meals at like 3 PM for some reason). I rode my bike out there which was pretty nice, 60 miles through rural NC.

All-in-all, :notbad: at all, but bummed to be back at work so soon. The in-laws were surprisingly tolerable and only brought up politics/COVID two times, limiting :triggered:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 am Well holy shit did I have a Friday. I'm going to update my car thread in a few...
viewtopic.php?p=501210#p501210
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am How was everyone's weekend?

Pretty low key for me, hung out with a buddy Friday night and helped him install a car stereo in his Honda Shit for some free Taco Bell.

Saturday I went grocery shopping, did a first round of leaf blowing and some other shit around the house, long walk with the :doge: , etc. Yesterday we had to go to the in-laws for lunch/dinner (country people in the south always have meals at like 3 PM for some reason). I rode my bike out there which was pretty nice, 60 miles through rural NC.

All-in-all, :notbad: at all, but bummed to be back at work so soon. The in-laws were surprisingly tolerable and only brought up politics/COVID two times, limiting :triggered:
Other than the trailer disaster on Friday, I spent the weekend with mom and sister for my mom's birthday. Was 5/7, the first time the three of us hung out IRL in over 7 years. Went better than I expected.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 am
:dat:
:excited:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am How was everyone's weekend?

Pretty low key here. The weather was glorious all weekend. 60's and sunny with low humidity. :megusta:
Did a bit of gardening on Saturday then went through the process of buttoning up the :haus: for winter, which included replacing the louvered screens that I built for the 3 windows in the attic with glass panes, closing all storm windows throughout the rest of the :haus: , turning on the boiler, then bleeding all 18 radiators that can be bled. Whole process takes about an hour and a half or so. Took a couple of nice long walks, then visited mom at her rehab facility. She might get out in another 8 days or so.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:54 am Morning guys!

:lolol: Dude you are the Road Rage King. :impressive:
I mean... I barely did anything until the guy decided to :rage: me, didn't even make him brake hard and still had plenty of space to get in (mind you traffic was moving 10 mph), the dude got :triggered: for the fact that I got in front of him, along with a few others in front of me. What happened to the dude happens to me everyday here and most of the drivers, most are :aintcare: and I was expecting the same reaction as well.

Although... the way the dude called me an MF almost made me scratch my car or potentially rear end the guy in front of me (if I picked my battle which isn't even worth the risk these days) did grind my gears (hence why I backed out, incase if he stops and gets out of his car, you may never know these days).