OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:35 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Luckily by keeping the windows open while he was here and Febreezing everything there doesn't seem to be any residual smell, but man I had a headache the whole time he was there from how strong it was. Had been a long time since I was near someone who legit chain smokes.
Did he smoke in your house? That is going to be a :nope: from me, :doge:.
So much :dat:
No one has smoked in my :haus: in the 23 years we've been there. The few friends/relatives that have been there know to go out on the porch to light up, even in the dead of winter.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:35 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:22 pm We'll do Christmas Eve at one of Michelle's aunt's house, then we'll spend the next day at her parents' house. Her mom is getting her dad a puppy for Christmas, they actually just picked it up today. So I'm not looking forward to being around that. Goddamn French Bulldogs. They got her sister one a few years ago for Christmas and it's an absolute piece of shit that they haven't put any time into training. Pisses/shits in the house daily, climbs up onto the dinning table, makes the worst noises if it's not getting the attention it wants :disgust:

Luckily our dog hates it as much as I do (she's drawn blood twice when the damn thing wouldn't leave her alone), so she's not allowed at their house anymore, and I'll be able to use going back home to get her from the boarder as an excuse to not spend as much time there.
Dude, that sounds so :disgust: ::nope:
It's unreal. I don't understand how it got so bad either. Her mom is super anal about keeping the house clean, so the fact that she allows it is just :mindblown: In the beginning they didn't do anything with the dog because it was supposed to be the sister's responsibility since she wanted one so badly, but like any teenager, she didn't step up. I think they thought that she'd get sick of it and start training it, but she dgaf.. this is a person whose room you can't even walk into because of all of the stuff on the floor, so not sure why they thought she'd be responsible for a dog. But whatever, their issue to deal/live with.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 pm

That last part with the band sounds so awesome man! Hopefully you get a lift in with the dude :massles:

We have plans this weekend. Saturday will be an all day affair visiting Allison's family out in the boonies. I am kind of :triggered: by it, as it's her niece's birthday party (she's 9 I think), which is fine. But then, Allison and her mom, sister, grandma, and niece decided to do a Christmas baking thing, at which point I will just have to sit in their shitty cigarette smoke filled house and do nothing for three hours. She is just constantly making social plans and then frustrated that she never has any free time and sometimes I just wish we could have a weekend with nothing on the agenda. I'm really not much for sitting around all weekend, but I love being able to wake up and just do whatever strikes me. It would be nice to get some shit done around the house as well. :ohwell:
:disgust: That sounds shitty.

Can you bring your bike and just go riding while the :tits: -fest is going on in the kitchen?
That would be optimal, hopefully it's feasible. I think she wants me to 'spend time with them' :notsure:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:39 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:27 pm

:disgust: That sounds shitty.

Can you bring your bike and just go riding while the :tits: -fest is going on in the kitchen?
That would be optimal, hopefully it's feasible. I think she wants me to 'spend time with them' :notsure:
:rolleyes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Man that sounds rough. Luckily Michelle has become more reclusive like myself, so unless it's an actual holiday she doesn't leave the house to go hang out with friends/family much anymore, and she knows not to expect me to come if it's not a big family holiday thing.

Her bio-dad that was out with us for the five days or whatever is a heavy smoker and even dealing with the house smelling like smoke while he was here was a hard :nope: for me. He wants us to come out and visit him in Denver at some point and I already told Michelle I'll be in a hotel room regardless of if she stays at his place or not.
I enjoy socializing a good bit as well... I just prefer it on my terms :lolol: Like, I am totally down to have no plans, wake up on a Saturday, and seeing if friends want to go for a bike ride or something. Normally I can't do that because she makes plans and would come back with 'well your calendar was empty'. Fortunately she does a lot of girl stuff with her friends and it leaves me time to myself with which to do what I please.

:iono: I shouldn't be upset about this weekend, I don't think I've even seen her mom once this year. It is just :disgust: that because they tied this baking :bs: to it, I have to sit there all day at her sisters house in the company of confederate flags and burning Paul Malls.
Pall Malls. We can't be having spelling errors with white trash accoutrements.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Man you just cannot pick your fucking in laws.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:06 pm Man you just cannot pick your fucking in laws.
Mine are generally good people, sister-in-law worries me a bit because I think we'll end up having to care for her later in life with her mental health issues, but other than that the dog is the only deterrent to me wanting to spend time with them. Well, I guess they bicker a lot too, which I just feel uncomfortable around, but that's easy enough to tune out and let them dig at each other while I :dgaf:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:29 pm

:bruh: That sounds :gag:
I HATE that stale cigarette smoke smell. Sympathies. I think the hotel room idea is a good one.
Luckily by keeping the windows open while he was here and Febreezing everything there doesn't seem to be any residual smell, but man I had a headache the whole time he was there from how strong it was. Had been a long time since I was near someone who legit chain smokes.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. He smoked in your house?
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Oh no.. he went outside.. but the smell carried in with him and it's just fully saturated his clothes so that transferred to the couch and chair a bit. But also we had all the windows open and he'd just walk outside to smoke so it would blow in through the window and I didn't want to be too much of an obvious dick by shutting the window with him right next to it :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:41 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Oh no.. he went outside.. but the smell carried in with him and it's just fully saturated his clothes so that transferred to the couch and chair a bit. But also we had all the windows open and he'd just walk outside to smoke so it would blow in through the window and I didn't want to be too much of an obvious dick by shutting the window with him right next to it :lol:
Fuck that. I have been a smoker and I would never consider smoking anywhere that airflow could carry the smoke inside. You need to go out behind the garage next to the rotting mulch pile? Do it. You are an outcast because your habit is obnoxious, toxic and disgusting. And while you're at it smoke that heater upwind so it doesn't blow into your clothes, and then wash your fucking hands off when you come inside.
I enjoyed smoking from time to time, but to say its somehow ok to the rest of civilized society...............it's not.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Fuck that. I have been a smoker and I would never consider smoking anywhere that airflow could carry the smoke inside. You need to go out behind the garage next to the rotting mulch pile? Do it. You are an outcast because your habit is obnoxious, toxic and disgusting. And while you're at it smoke that heater upwind so it doesn't blow into your clothes, and then wash your fucking hands off when you come inside.
I enjoyed smoking from time to time, but to say its somehow ok to the rest of civilized society...............it's not.
:bravo:

If he comes back again, I'll say something for sure. This was my second time meeting him, and the second time Michelle had even seen him in almost a decade, so I cut the dude some slack.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Let's be honest, it is freaking fantastic.

That said, the cons pretty heavily outweigh the pros.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 pm

I've never tried heroin or meth or dat cocaine, but pour three fingers of scotch on an empty stomach lining, wait for that to settle in, pour yourself another, step outside and light a fresh Marlboro on a cool evening.........the knockdown power on that heater can be pretty intense. Most of the time they are not that great though and COPD and lung cancer are cons that are super real to me at the moment so the party is over.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 pm

I've never tried heroin or meth or dat cocaine, but pour three fingers of scotch on an empty stomach lining, wait for that to settle in, pour yourself another, step outside and light a fresh Marlboro on a cool evening.........the knockdown power on that heater can be pretty intense. Most of the time they are not that great though and COPD and lung cancer are cons that are super real to me at the moment so the party is over.
Yep that is pretty much the perfect storm, a bit of a buzz, a nice night outside, perhaps with a friend/co-smoker, it is a great way to relax. I will still have a smoke a few times a year but have pretty much given it up entirely outside of that. Obviously huge health risks in the long term, as well as shorter term things like increased hangovers, reduced lung capacity/cardio, premature aging, stinking all the time, being a social outcast, the compelling list of reasons to stay away is pretty long.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Yep that is pretty much the perfect storm, a bit of a buzz, a nice night outside, perhaps with a friend/co-smoker, it is a great way to relax. I will still have a smoke a few times a year but have pretty much given it up entirely outside of that. Obviously huge health risks in the long term, as well as shorter term things like increased hangovers, reduced lung capacity/cardio, premature aging, stinking all the time, being a social outcast, the compelling list of reasons to stay away is pretty long.
Well said on all.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I hated my first job out of school so much that I tried to take up smoking so I could leave with the other smokers for a 15 minute break every few hours.

I don't get smoking, not for me. BUT I faked it enough to get me breaks at work.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:30 pm I hated my first job out of school so much that I tried to take up smoking so I could leave with the other smokers for a 15 minute break every few hours.

I don't get smoking, not for me. BUT I faked it enough to get me breaks at work.
At any given charity event, the guy with the mixed drink and the cigarette standing outside may not be a health nut, but he IS going to be fun to converse with. That's just the way it is.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:30 pm I hated my first job out of school so much that I tried to take up smoking so I could leave with the other smokers for a 15 minute break every few hours.

At any given charity event, the guy with the mixed drink and the cigarette standing outside may not be a health nut, but he IS going to be fun to converse with. That's just the way it is.
:notwrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So does anyone have experience dealing with turo issues ?

Rented a Porsche for not little money. Was advertised as an S and it isn’t. It’s a base … seats are also torn… trunk was sandy AF. Overall kind of :disgust: the clutch is making a bit of a squeaking noise also… like
:bruh:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:04 pm So does anyone have experience dealing with turo issues ?

Rented a Porsche for not little money. Was advertised as an S and it isn’t. It’s a base … seats are also torn… trunk was sandy AF. Overall kind of :disgust: the clutch is making a bit of a squeaking noise also… like
Oooof. How did you pay? I'm sure you recorded the discrepancies and issues?

I would submit a claim through Turo, but also have one ready to fire off to your CC company.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:44 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:04 pm So does anyone have experience dealing with turo issues ?

Oooof. How did you pay? I'm sure you recorded the discrepancies and issues?

I would submit a claim through Turo, but also have one ready to fire off to your CC company.
:dat:

I mean... I have had some cars through Turo that were a bit of Jalopies... but they also tended to be the least expensive in their class (Cayman S for like $85/day was kind of worn down and high in miles, Fiata had mismatched :225: , things like that). I do feel like advertising it as an S when it isn't is :bs:

I would try to reach out to Turo after the trip. Given the 'market conditions' you likely won't be able to get another car, so I don't know that it's worth pissing off the owner now, better to have a dirty poverty spec Porsche than walk. I bet Turo will give you back some of the money.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Bear in mind that if you stop payment through your CC, you're likely never using Turo again :lolol: So I would save that for a last resort.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:55 pm

:notwrong:
:dat:

I also enjoyed it a lot in my college years/early 20s. When bars got too loud/crowded/annoying, there is almost always a patio somewhere where one can converse with some pretty chill people and burn a few. It's not all that uncommon for there to be some willing and able :tits: as well, assuming you don't mind a cig infused make out sesh.
max225

max225

Yea I don’t I want to “walk” although I could try out that “presidents club” thing through hertz. But I’m just curious how to go through a claim here. Using CC seems too extreme as this is semi gray area as far as issues go on the vehicle. Like it’s still here and I’m driving it … it’s just :disgust: for a 4 figure rental