OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

That's awesome. Great pics.

I finally remembered to pull all the pictures from Hawaii off of my camera and spent some time making a few look nice. Posted some on my IG, but I'll drop them in here too.
SAWCE

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice pics man! Hawaii is :muah:

In4more.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:54 pm Image

:nice: pics!
What's the story on the Pietà?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:12 pm Nice pics man! Hawaii is :muah:

In4more.
Thanks man! I'll spend some time this week going through them more and pic out a few favorites.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:54 pm Image

It was outside of a little Catholic (IIRC) church called The Painted Church. Inside is beautifully hand painted, and outside they had a few sculptures like this one, a cemetery for parishioners of the church, and some other cool stuff. I'll grab some interior pictures when I get home from work, it was :neat:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:16 pm
wap wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:13 pm
It was outside of a little Catholic (IIRC) church called The Painted Church. Inside is beautifully hand painted, and outside they had a few sculptures like this one, a cemetery for parishioners of the church, and some other cool stuff. I'll grab some interior pictures when I get home from work, it was :neat:
Cool. In4pics.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How is this week treating everyone? It's been pretty dead 'round here.

New guy who is taking over my outgoing role at work started Monday. Recently I've been involved in interviewing a lot of new people for our team but wasn't with him (I guess too close to home or something) so this was the first I've e-met him, but he seems like he will work out well for the role which is nice, should make my life a bit easier in the transition.

It cooled back down here quite a bit which is meh, but it finally rained last night, first precipitation since October I think :yikes:

I decided to run a half marathon this morning, did 14 miles. I think my longest run of 2021 up to this was maybe 8ish, so I will likely be pretty sore soon, but it was otherwise not too bad.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am How is this week treating everyone? It's been pretty dead 'round here.

New guy who is taking over my outgoing role at work started Monday. Recently I've been involved in interviewing a lot of new people for our team but wasn't with him (I guess too close to home or something) so this was the first I've e-met him, but he seems like he will work out well for the role which is nice, should make my life a bit easier in the transition.

It cooled back down here quite a bit which is meh, but it finally rained last night, first precipitation since October I think :yikes:

I decided to run a half marathon this morning, did 14 miles. I think my longest run of 2021 up to this was maybe 8ish, so I will likely be pretty sore soon, but it was otherwise not too bad.
:hai:

Not that great a week so far. Mom's back in the hospital. After doing so well after her hip surgery she was having increasingly bad back pain and couldn't even get out of bed on Monday. She went to the ER yesterday (which was PACKED) and eventually it was found that she has a UTI, which caused her back pain and general weakness. She got morphine and is on a strong antibiotic regimen and should be going home by Friday. But she's weak as hell so she really needs to resume her PT.

On a bit of a better note, we're having our company Christmas party this Saturday, and, as it turns out, the chose a restaurant that is literally a 5 minute drive from my :haus: , so that's nice. A bunch of spouses, including mine, have opted not to come so it should be a pretty chill, fun night.
SAWCE

We got a little bit of rain yesterday too. Some cooler weather here coming up. High of 66* today, low 60s and high 50s going forward.

Work has been busy. I have a coworker who manages the same contract with me, but she's been out all week for a training class so it's just me manning the fort and of course a bunch of shit went down this week. Oh well. Tomorrow is my last day of the week, then a nice three day weekend with no plans other than possibly going to a show on Saturday night. Funny thing about today with social media, I've tagged the band in a few things listening to their music/spinning their records, and the frontman and I have chatted over IG dms. He's into lifting too and wants to work out with me before the show. Kinda cool. Would be fun if he actually hits me up when they get into town.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am How is this week treating everyone? It's been pretty dead 'round here.

Not that great a week so far. Mom's back in the hospital. After doing so well after her hip surgery she was having increasingly bad back pain and couldn't even get out of bed on Monday. She went to the ER yesterday (which was PACKED) and eventually it was found that she has a UTI, which caused her back pain and general weakness. She got morphine and is on a strong antibiotic regimen and should be going home by Friday. But she's weak as hell so she really needs to resume her PT.

On a bit of a better note, we're having our company Christmas party this Saturday, and, as it turns out, the chose a restaurant that is literally a 5 minute drive from my :haus: , so that's nice. A bunch of spouses, including mine, have opted not to come so it should be a pretty chill, fun night.
Soo, you can get really :drunk: at the Christmas party and have :tits: pick you up or walk home?

Hope your mom recovers quickly man, that sucks! I hate to hear about the set back after being on the way to recovery from the surgery.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:11 pm We got a little bit of rain yesterday too. Some cooler weather here coming up. High of 66* today, low 60s and high 50s going forward.

Work has been busy. I have a coworker who manages the same contract with me, but she's been out all week for a training class so it's just me manning the fort and of course a bunch of shit went down this week. Oh well. Tomorrow is my last day of the week, then a nice three day weekend with no plans other than possibly going to a show on Saturday night. Funny thing about today with social media, I've tagged the band in a few things listening to their music/spinning their records, and the frontman and I have chatted over IG dms. He's into lifting too and wants to work out with me before the show. Kinda cool. Would be fun if he actually hits me up when they get into town.
That last part with the band sounds so awesome man! Hopefully you get a lift in with the dude :massles:

We have plans this weekend. Saturday will be an all day affair visiting Allison's family out in the boonies. I am kind of :triggered: by it, as it's her niece's birthday party (she's 9 I think), which is fine. But then, Allison and her mom, sister, grandma, and niece decided to do a Christmas baking thing, at which point I will just have to sit in their shitty cigarette smoke filled house and do nothing for three hours. She is just constantly making social plans and then frustrated that she never has any free time and sometimes I just wish we could have a weekend with nothing on the agenda. I'm really not much for sitting around all weekend, but I love being able to wake up and just do whatever strikes me. It would be nice to get some shit done around the house as well. :ohwell:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:11 pm We got a little bit of rain yesterday too. Some cooler weather here coming up. High of 66* today, low 60s and high 50s going forward.

That last part with the band sounds so awesome man! Hopefully you get a lift in with the dude :massles:

We have plans this weekend. Saturday will be an all day affair visiting Allison's family out in the boonies. I am kind of :triggered: by it, as it's her niece's birthday party (she's 9 I think), which is fine. But then, Allison and her mom, sister, grandma, and niece decided to do a Christmas baking thing, at which point I will just have to sit in their shitty cigarette smoke filled house and do nothing for three hours. She is just constantly making social plans and then frustrated that she never has any free time and sometimes I just wish we could have a weekend with nothing on the agenda. I'm really not much for sitting around all weekend, but I love being able to wake up and just do whatever strikes me. It would be nice to get some shit done around the house as well. :ohwell:
Man that sounds rough. Luckily Michelle has become more reclusive like myself, so unless it's an actual holiday she doesn't leave the house to go hang out with friends/family much anymore, and she knows not to expect me to come if it's not a big family holiday thing.

Her bio-dad that was out with us for the five days or whatever is a heavy smoker and even dealing with the house smelling like smoke while he was here was a hard :nope: for me. He wants us to come out and visit him in Denver at some point and I already told Michelle I'll be in a hotel room regardless of if she stays at his place or not.
SAWCE

My mom dealt with UTI's a bunch after her last surgery. Sucked. An extra kick while she was already down and in pain. Assuming the doctors are giving her legit meds for them, but grab her a bottle of cranberry pills to help flush anything residual out when she gets released from the hospital. Hope the rest of her recovery journey is smoother sailing.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Man, we had some battles over full weekend planning, this sounds so familiar. This summer, we had guests visiting every single weekend between friends and family for like 4 months straight. I got a bit :ayfkm: after a while, and Michele has agreed to not do that again next year.

It's all about striking a balance. We'd really battle about this in year's past, but I think the pandemic combined with getting older and now she values free time more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Man that sounds rough. Luckily Michelle has become more reclusive like myself, so unless it's an actual holiday she doesn't leave the house to go hang out with friends/family much anymore, and she knows not to expect me to come if it's not a big family holiday thing.

Her bio-dad that was out with us for the five days or whatever is a heavy smoker and even dealing with the house smelling like smoke while he was here was a hard :nope: for me. He wants us to come out and visit him in Denver at some point and I already told Michelle I'll be in a hotel room regardless of if she stays at his place or not.
I enjoy socializing a good bit as well... I just prefer it on my terms :lolol: Like, I am totally down to have no plans, wake up on a Saturday, and seeing if friends want to go for a bike ride or something. Normally I can't do that because she makes plans and would come back with 'well your calendar was empty'. Fortunately she does a lot of girl stuff with her friends and it leaves me time to myself with which to do what I please.

:iono: I shouldn't be upset about this weekend, I don't think I've even seen her mom once this year. It is just :disgust: that because they tied this baking :bs: to it, I have to sit there all day at her sisters house in the company of confederate flags and burning Paul Malls.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Man, we had some battles over full weekend planning, this sounds so familiar. This summer, we had guests visiting every single weekend between friends and family for like 4 months straight. I got a bit :ayfkm: after a while, and Michele has agreed to not do that again next year.

It's all about striking a balance. We'd really battle about this in year's past, but I think the pandemic combined with getting older and now she values free time more.
Yep, a lot of this boils down to me not communicating well at times. Fortunately I made it pretty clear that I am :disgust: about this Saturday and doing it for her, she is at least appreciative and I doubt will ask me to go out there for a while. We are only seeing my family for Christmas I think, and only saw them for T-giving as well. Her and I both agree that my fam is a lot less :disgust: :doe:
SAWCE

We'll do Christmas Eve at one of Michelle's aunt's house, then we'll spend the next day at her parents' house. Her mom is getting her dad a puppy for Christmas, they actually just picked it up today. So I'm not looking forward to being around that. Goddamn French Bulldogs. They got her sister one a few years ago for Christmas and it's an absolute piece of shit that they haven't put any time into training. Pisses/shits in the house daily, climbs up onto the dinning table, makes the worst noises if it's not getting the attention it wants :disgust:

Luckily our dog hates it as much as I do (she's drawn blood twice when the damn thing wouldn't leave her alone), so she's not allowed at their house anymore, and I'll be able to use going back home to get her from the boarder as an excuse to not spend as much time there.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Soo, you can get really :drunk: at the Christmas party and have :tits: pick you up or walk home?

Hope your mom recovers quickly man, that sucks! I hate to hear about the set back after being on the way to recovery from the surgery.
I expect to have fun Saturday night. :lolol: I could walk home, it's just a couple miles... :lolol:

Thanks, mang. It's tough to see her looking so frail when she looked great on Thanksgiving. Really hoping she bounces back from the UTI and gets back to :scoot: around with her walker.
wap

:disgust: That sounds shitty.

Can you bring your bike and just go riding while the :tits: -fest is going on in the kitchen?
wap

:bruh: That sounds :gag:
I HATE that stale cigarette smoke smell. Sympathies. I think the hotel room idea is a good one.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:56 pm

My mom dealt with UTI's a bunch after her last surgery. Sucked. An extra kick while she was already down and in pain. Assuming the doctors are giving her legit meds for them, but grab her a bottle of cranberry pills to help flush anything residual out when she gets released from the hospital. Hope the rest of her recovery journey is smoother sailing.
Yeah, I figured you'd understand what she's going through based on your mom's recent situ. :( Fortunately she likes cranberry juice so we'll pick her up a bottle of that for her to drink.

Thanks for the good wishes! :wub:
Last edited by wap on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:29 pm

I HATE that stale cigarette smoke smell. Sympathies. I think the hotel room idea is a good one.
Luckily by keeping the windows open while he was here and Febreezing everything there doesn't seem to be any residual smell, but man I had a headache the whole time he was there from how strong it was. Had been a long time since I was near someone who legit chain smokes.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:22 pm We'll do Christmas Eve at one of Michelle's aunt's house, then we'll spend the next day at her parents' house. Her mom is getting her dad a puppy for Christmas, they actually just picked it up today. So I'm not looking forward to being around that. Goddamn French Bulldogs. They got her sister one a few years ago for Christmas and it's an absolute piece of shit that they haven't put any time into training. Pisses/shits in the house daily, climbs up onto the dinning table, makes the worst noises if it's not getting the attention it wants :disgust:

Luckily our dog hates it as much as I do (she's drawn blood twice when the damn thing wouldn't leave her alone), so she's not allowed at their house anymore, and I'll be able to use going back home to get her from the boarder as an excuse to not spend as much time there.
Dude, that sounds so :disgust: :nope:
Last edited by wap on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:31 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Luckily by keeping the windows open while he was here and Febreezing everything there doesn't seem to be any residual smell, but man I had a headache the whole time he was there from how strong it was. Had been a long time since I was near someone who legit chain smokes.
Did he smoke in your house? That is going to be a :nope: from me, :doge:.