wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:11 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:10 pm

:popcorn:

Deets on the infraction?
Hand held device while operating a vehicle. I was at the lights, checking on some douche-bro to respond to me about our pick up arrangement for gym equipment that I drove 45 min to pick up. When I finally got to his neck of the woods I was trying to set my GPS before the lights changed, and behind me sat a po-po in an unmarked black pickup truck. Lights turned, I tucked in my phone, and started to drive. The dude had no qualms about throwing a $600/four point ticket my way. I think it'll really mess with my insurance rates/coverage. I'm trying to figure out what options I have between now and the court date.
Dang. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:37 pm

Hand held device while operating a vehicle. I was at the lights, checking on some douche-bro to respond to me about our pick up arrangement for gym equipment that I drove 45 min to pick up. When I finally got to his neck of the woods I was trying to set my GPS before the lights changed, and behind me sat a po-po in an unmarked black pickup truck. Lights turned, I tucked in my phone, and started to drive. The dude had no qualms about throwing a $600/four point ticket my way. I think it'll really mess with my insurance rates/coverage. I'm trying to figure out what options I have between now and the court date.
I'm going to see if I can wiggle myself into a lesser fine if i can, otherwise it is what it is at this point.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 pm
I'm going to see if I can wiggle myself into a lesser fine if i can, otherwise it is what it is at this point.
Good luck, :bruh:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:51 pm

Good luck, :bruh:
Ah-kay, thanks dude! :mahtroy:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:10 pm

:popcorn:

Deets on the infraction?
Cell phone use is a $600 4 point ticket ?

What about going 80 in a 50?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Might be worth grabbing up one of those traffic lawyers to see if they can reduce, I think around here they only run a few hunnit often times.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:19 pm

That's some shit HR system IMO. The woman's company required proof of vaccination for access to the building, similar to a badge. So no one in the building is unvaxxed but I guess all companies do their own thing. Seems like a big liability either way. Which is why I am assuming we're still closed.
Yeah her company's setup sounds better. I guess the issue with it would be that it is more towards forcing everyone to get vaccinated, assuming they may have to go into the office at any point. :notsure: what the :dill: would be here if they put out such a requirement, I guess these twice/week mandatory office days would be abolished.

The thing is, I am happier "getting" to come to the office a couple of times/week, but not at the expense of my own health. Remote 24/7 is kind of meh to me.
My company is requiring the first two waves of people returning to the office to be vaccinated, but the people who never stopped going into the office are grandfathered in for not needing to be vaccinated. The first two waves are rather small, so in my area, we're talking about tens of people are required to be vaccinated to enter the building.

Shit's dumb.
wap

:hai:
Anyone watching the Olympics or nah?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 am

Yeah man, 500 plus a 100 victim surcharge. I think 30 over is also steep, it's considered stunt driving so they impound your car, and fines are something incredibly painful.

15 over is a 3 point demerit, and about two hundred or so fine. I'd have to check what level of rapage the stunt driving is at. But essentially it borders criminal on a first offense, week long loss of license, car is impounded etc etc. It got really bad in the last few years. There is no fun to be had on public roads, and lots of policing budgets to go around.

I consider myself a conservative driver who follows the rules and already has fairly big issues to contend with, relatively speaking of course.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:52 am :hai:
Can't say that I have tuned in/cared.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 am
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 am

Yeah man, 500 plus a 100 victim surcharge. I think 30 over is also steep, it's considered stunt driving so they impound your car, and fines are something incredibly painful.

15 over is a 3 point demerit, and about two hundred or so fine. I'd have to check what level of rapage the stunt driving is at. But essentially it borders criminal on a first offense, week long loss of license, car is impounded etc etc. It got really bad in the last few years. There is no fun to be had on public roads, and lots of policing budgets to go around.

I consider myself a conservative driver who follows the rules and already has fairly big issues to contend with, relatively speaking of course.
Yea that’s why I specifically asked about the 30 over. I’m surprised the cell phone is considered a greater violation than speeding.

Y’all actually have enforcement of this… I go about 20 over on the regular here and get passed daily by those going 30+ 0fg we don’t have police
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Many jurisdictions in the U.S. offer some kind of deferrment/probation etc. if you take a driving class/stay out of trouble for X period of time. You can probably find out online.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 am Yeah man, 500 plus a 100 victim surcharge. I think 30 over is also steep, it's considered stunt driving so they impound your car, and fines are something incredibly painful.

Yea that’s why I specifically asked about the 30 over. I’m surprised the cell phone is considered a greater violation than speeding.

Y’all actually have enforcement of this… I go about 20 over on the regular here and get passed daily by those going 30+ 0fg we don’t have police
As usual, you live in a bubble that is unlike anywhere else.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:43 am
max225 wrote:

As usual, you live in a bubble that is unlike anywhere else.
Ya traffic deaths per mile driven increased the most this year out of any other year on record. So I highly doubt it’s just me in a bubble. Considering i drove through another 4 states over the last 6 months.

Seems to be at least a west coast issue at the very least. But enforcement at least in my area recently started to creep back a little.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My experience living in FL was basically just like CA as well, all 90+ MPH on freeways all the time, nothing happens either. They definitely give tickets in the Carolinas, I stick with like 8 MPH over the limit.

Silver lining: I got 33 MPG hand calculated driving to Atlanta and back in the Cuckwagon.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:My experience living in FL was basically just like CA as well, all 90+ MPH on freeways all the time, nothing happens either. They definitely give tickets in the Carolinas, I stick with like 8 MPH over the limit.
People drive that fast here too but there are unpredictable speed traps all over, both on the interstate and surface streets. If you drive the speed of traffic here, you will eventually get tickets. It's fucking stupid.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 pm
D Griff wrote:My experience living in FL was basically just like CA as well, all 90+ MPH on freeways all the time, nothing happens either. They definitely give tickets in the Carolinas, I stick with like 8 MPH over the limit.
People drive that fast here too but there are unpredictable speed traps all over, both on the interstate and surface streets. If you drive the speed of traffic here, you will eventually get tickets. It's fucking stupid.
Lame. It seems like it was a free for all (I never got ticketed, nor my friends) when I was there, but that was a different part of the state and it's been almost 10 years since I left.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:37 am

Many jurisdictions in the U.S. offer some kind of deferrment/probation etc. if you take a driving class/stay out of trouble for X period of time. You can probably find out online.
I'll look into it, but I haven't heard of any similar leniency to date, so I'm not optimistic. I feel like the law is geared to increase charges if this is brought past early resolutions, where fines are then increased to $1000 if deemed guilty in court.

I could hire one of those traffic ticket paralegal agencies, but not really sure if there's any added value to me over choosing to admit guilt, and pleading for a reduced charge. I guess that i could ask them a few questions before i commit to their services.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Great news, it's only three demerit points and $615, :carlton: , :rolleyes:

Oh. And possibly three day license suspension. That one is a little hat tip to the insurance agencies. Cheers.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:28 am
:nevermind:

We've been glued to it since the opening ceremonies. We love it, winter and summer. We've even visited a few past Olympic Villages/sites:

Munich
Montreal
Lake Placid
Salt Lake
Athens
Lillehammer
Barcelona

And the Olympic Museum in Lausanne is :amaze:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 pm Great news, it's only three demerit points and $615, :carlton: , :rolleyes:

Oh. And possibly three day license suspension. That one is a little hat tip to the insurance agencies. Cheers.
Dude :wtf: that's insane. The laws over there are incredibly strict. That's like almost DUI status here for fucking checking directions on the phone.
max225

Nah. Ever since it turned into political cesspool. So I guess since the 1936 games.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:28 am

:nevermind:

We've been glued to it since the opening ceremonies. We love it, winter and summer. We've even visited a few past Olympic Villages/sites:

Munich
Montreal
Lake Placid
Salt Lake
Athens
Lillehammer
Barcelona

And the Olympic Museum in Lausanne is :amaze:
I have heard similar to what Max said, that it is very politics filled :notsure:

I have been to the Montreal site, creepy as hell :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The Olympics weren't cancelled this year?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.