OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 am

:fuckyeah: Friday! Plans for the weekend?

One of my sisters is out here for a wedding, so may see her for a bit tomorow. Michelle and I are doing some VR video game thing tomorrow too. It's one of my days off from lifting, so just do that, eat, and relax. Heavy leg day Sunday to prime my body for the excess buger/sushi calories that will be consumed.
Allison goes back to work Monday, she had the opportunity to stay at a friend's place for free at the beach this weekend, so it's just me and the :doge:

I'm going to get the C5 ready and list it for sale. Other than that just riding my bikes, walkin' the :doge: , chillin'.
Weekend alone every once in a while is so nice. Michelle is headed out to FL for a weekend in October for one of her friends' brithdays and I'm looking forward to that :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Allison goes back to work Monday, she had the opportunity to stay at a friend's place for free at the beach this weekend, so it's just me and the :doge:

I'm going to get the C5 ready and list it for sale. Other than that just riding my bikes, walkin' the :doge: , chillin'.
Weekend alone every once in a while is so nice. Michelle is headed out to FL for a weekend in October for one of her friends' brithdays and I'm looking forward to that :lol:
:dat: I enjoy ruling the house for a few days here and there.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

My last day of work is today, then I'm free for a while. Just killed an interview for a job I really want (more money and promotion from where I was to boot and is a step closer out of automotive) so major mixed feelings as I was hoping for an extended break.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm

:dat: I enjoy ruling the house for a few days here and there.
I enjoy my alone time here and there as well.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Godspeed on the not drinking... I find it easy to skip the booze at home but it gets tough in social settings when friends/fam are indulging.
If I'm paying for a beverage, it had better be alcoholic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:57 pm
D Griff wrote:Godspeed on the not drinking... I find it easy to skip the booze at home but it gets tough in social settings when friends/fam are indulging.
I buy some coffees and sodas here and there from fast food/convenience stores, but yeah, at a restaurant, it's water or booze all the way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:49 pm My last day of work is today, then I'm free for a while. Just killed an interview for a job I really want (more money and promotion from where I was to boot and is a step closer out of automotive) so major mixed feelings as I was hoping for an extended break.
Well, hiring processes take quite a while, and so you should be good for August off regardless I would think. Congrats either way though, man, it seems like things are taking a great turn! I'm happy for you being out of a toxic :bs: environment.

I have had three phone calls/interviews with Harman now, the would-be boss's boss just scheduled one for me next week so I assume that is the final test.

I'm kind of torn as it seems like it would be a more enjoyable job in many ways but the pay is likely not what I can get here, at least in the short term. I also now have yet-to-be-vested stock in my current company as we went public this week... sooo :iono: Meanwhile a newer member of my team just called me because there's some fuckery with her commission. It would be cool to work somewhere where they didn't constantly change the comp plan and make it too confusing to even know if you're getting paid properly or not. My commission here has largely been really good, so I don't complain, but I frankly have no idea if any of the data is correct and neither do my boss people.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 am We're still gonna do sushi on Sunday, but the sushi place we like is right around the corner from The Friendly, so I'll probably stop there on the way to or from picking up the sushi to grab a burger :drool:
This nasty bitch is right off the 805 which means I am going to acquire tone on it on the next trip to MX
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:57 pm If I'm paying for a beverage, it had better be alcoholic.
I buy some coffees and sodas here and there from fast food/convenience stores, but yeah, at a restaurant, it's water or booze all the way.
I guess I'll buy coffee too if I'm out for brunch but that's the lone exception. Overpaying to drink a bunch of useless sugar is only marginally acceptable when there's booze in it for me.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:57 pm
Yeah I don't order soda/tea when I'm out either. Water all day.

Once in a while I'll buy a can or bottle of soda to take home and have with a cheat meal, but in general I don't ever want to drink my calories.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:18 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 am We're still gonna do sushi on Sunday, but the sushi place we like is right around the corner from The Friendly, so I'll probably stop there on the way to or from picking up the sushi to grab a burger :drool:
This nasty bitch is right off the 805 which means I am going to acquire tone on it on the next trip to MX
:fuckyeah: we live right between the 805 and 15. Super convenient.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:49 pm My last day of work is today, then I'm free for a while. Just killed an interview for a job I really want (more money and promotion from where I was to boot and is a step closer out of automotive) so major mixed feelings as I was hoping for an extended break.
If it all goes well and they want you, they’ll accommodate start date as well. Obviously being realistic but I don’t think 2-3weeks between offer of employment and start is unrealistic.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:05 pm
Well, hiring processes take quite a while, and so you should be good for August off regardless I would think. Congrats either way though, man, it seems like things are taking a great turn! I'm happy for you being out of a toxic :bs: environment.

I have had three phone calls/interviews with Harman now, the would-be boss's boss just scheduled one for me next week so I assume that is the final test.

I'm kind of torn as it seems like it would be a more enjoyable job in many ways but the pay is likely not what I can get here, at least in the short term. I also now have yet-to-be-vested stock in my current company as we went public this week... sooo :iono: Meanwhile a newer member of my team just called me because there's some fuckery with her commission. It would be cool to work somewhere where they didn't constantly change the comp plan and make it too confusing to even know if you're getting paid properly or not. My commission here has largely been really good, so I don't complain, but I frankly have no idea if any of the data is correct and neither do my boss people.
The goal for you is to short term chase (within budget and living expenses) the experience that will continue to be a stepping stone into landing you where you want to be. Only you know the answer to that, though.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:57 pm If I'm paying for a beverage, it had better be alcoholic.
Yeah I don't order soda/tea when I'm out either. Water all day.

Once in a while I'll buy a can or bottle of soda to take home and have with a cheat meal, but in general I don't ever want to drink my calories.
Baja Blast Zero Sugar for the win. Zero calories, but many yummies.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm
If it all goes well and they want you, they’ll accommodate start date as well. Obviously being realistic but I don’t think 2-3weeks between offer of employment and start is unrealistic.
:dat: It tends to be fairly flexible but it also depends on how bad they need the slot filled of course.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:05 pm

The goal for you is to short term chase (within budget and living expenses) the experience that will continue to be a stepping stone into landing you where you want to be. Only you know the answer to that, though.
:notwrong:

I am kind of annoyed by the inflation and lifestyle bloat :doe: ... This perspective job is still like 2X the BB salary, lame that that may not be enough. I guess the thing is, I am pretty confident that I could do really well financially over the long haul at the current place. The division/biz unit I'm a part of was started when I started, I was hired as one of the initial members of the team. We went from a small team of five people to now 12 or so and $70 mill/year revenue. I am well respected and could likely come out on top over the years. The potential offer is a pretty large corp. where I could certainly move up but will always just be a cog, albeit I enjoy the products/work a bit more, at least for now.

Tough call, but I don't even have an offer yet, so no reason to stress.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 pm

I am kind of annoyed by the inflation and lifestyle bloat :doe: ... This perspective job is still like 2X the BB salary, lame that that may not be enough. I guess the thing is, I am pretty confident that I could do really well financially over the long haul at the current place. The division/biz unit I'm a part of was started when I started, I was hired as one of the initial members of the team. We went from a small team of five people to now 12 or so and $70 mill/year revenue. I am well respected and could likely come out on top over the years. The potential offer is a pretty large corp. where I could certainly move up but will always just be a cog, albeit I enjoy the products/work a bit more, at least for now.

I would caution against the mind set of “moving up” in a large Corp. In my personal experience it is far more difficult than in a smaller spot. You face a ton of competition internally and externally and corps usually give 0 fucks about employees. So while you may think that “omg I run this place because I did xyz” 10 others are willing and able to take that job tomorrow.

It’s a dog eat dog world out there. I say pick the highest pay/job satisfaction that you can get. And expect exactly 0 on top of that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:00 pm

I would caution against the mind set of “moving up” in a large Corp. In my personal experience it is far more difficult than in a smaller spot. You face a ton of competition internally and externally and corps usually give 0 fucks about employees. So while you may think that “omg I run this place because I did xyz” 10 others are willing and able to take that job tomorrow.

It’s a dog eat dog world out there. I say pick the highest pay/job satisfaction that you can get. And expect exactly 0 on top of that.
:word:

Thanks for the advice. It's very real, I was after all recently passed over for a job/promotion I was promised at this company where I feel I have good rapport/early member of the division as mentioned. I guess we'll see how Wednesday's interview goes... it may turn out that the evil I know is the lesser of the two.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:40 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks for the advice. It's very real, I was after all recently passed over for a job/promotion I was promised at this company where I feel I have good rapport/early member of the division as mentioned. I guess we'll see how Wednesday's interview goes... it may turn out that the evil I know is the lesser of the two.
Just remember that the grass looks greener on the other side because it’s fertilized with bullshit.
Not to say don’t move, but caution is advised especially if it’s not a pay bump.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:40 pm

Just remember that the grass looks greener on the other side because it’s fertilized with bullshit.
Not to say don’t move, but caution is advised especially if it’s not a pay bump.

Also sound advice. I was leaning pretty hard against this until my last interview, but we shall see. I feel like one attempt to quit resulting in a raise was the only time that’s happening, so if I give notice I’m sure that’s it.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:01 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Also sound advice. I was leaning pretty hard against this until my last interview, but we shall see. I feel like one attempt to quit resulting in a raise was the only time that’s happening, so if I give notice I’m sure that’s it.
Yeah, that’s usually a one and done deal.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

*George Thorogood and The Destroyers plays in the garage*
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:04 am Image

I don't see a shotgunned one. :dislike: FAIL
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:22 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:04 am Image

I don't see a shotgunned one. :dislike: FAIL
I think the two shots I took before these equal out, but these are too :waxer: to shotgun and also too delicious

Don't for the night. I don't know how many this is compared to the first picture buuuuuuuuuuut fucka you mada facka
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:41 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 am :hai:

+1 to the burger > steak group. Medium and standard toppings are best imo.
Asking me to pick between the best burger vs best steak is like asking me to pick a favorite child. IMPOSSIBLE.
There's this steakhouse in Seattle that uses their steak trimmings for their ground beef and it makes for the best burger I've ever had. They keep it simple with caramelized onions and aioli. :drool: