OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:15 pm

QT is "our" favorite local restaurant. I've had breakfast there once, was good, but the burgers are where they really shine to me. Michelle get's the Ahi sandwich every time and loves it so much that she refuses to try anything else and get way too stoked if I suggest going there for dinner :lol:
We rented a condo in Little Italy for two months in.......2016? My AMEX was radioactive due to dining out all the time. Fond memories of that area though.
They took Amex in 2016? Damn simpler times
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:21 pm

We rented a condo in Little Italy for two months in.......2016? My AMEX was radioactive due to dining out all the time. Fond memories of that area though.
What?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:15 pm

QT is "our" favorite local restaurant. I've had breakfast there once, was good, but the burgers are where they really shine to me. Michelle get's the Ahi sandwich every time and loves it so much that she refuses to try anything else and get way too stoked if I suggest going there for dinner :lol:
:nice: There are some great food spots down there and next door in the Gaslamp District as well. Dan and I ate at a great German spot around that timeframe during SD's restaurant week.. lots of good Italian food around (although the spot for Italian in SD is called Buona Forchetta in South Park). Michelle and I found a good hole in the wall sushi spot called Sushi One over in Gaslamp, and there is a really good spot I like for breakfast called Wolverine.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:22 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:21 pm

What?
I never use Amex because a big portion of places refuses to take them.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:24 pm

:nice: There are some great food spots down there and next door in the Gaslamp District as well. Dan and I ate at a great German spot around that timeframe during SD's restaurant week.. lots of good Italian food around (although the spot for Italian in SD is called Buona Forchetta in South Park). Michelle and I found a good hole in the wall sushi spot called Sushi One over in Gaslamp, and there is a really good spot I like for breakfast called Wolverine.
We will have to compare notes.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:24 pm

We will have to compare notes.
I'm sure yours are more in depth than mine, we're both creatures of habit here and tend to hit the same spots over and over once we find something we like, but I'll happily compare and get some new suggestions.
SAWCE

Do you even love wolves, bro?

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:10 pm Do you even love wolves, bro?

:lol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:51 pm :mindblown:

Some MFer gonna come in here saying they like well-done steak and we’ll have to stone them. Image
I don't like well done, but I can't do medium rare...

Bring the stones folks, I know I am in the :wrong: here
I hold that the level of done-ness is not necessarily relevant to how good a :meat: dish is to eat.

I've had enjoyable beefy meals everywhere from raw (bœuf tartare) to crispy thin cheeseburgers. In general I order rare and also shoot for rare when cooking my own stuff, but both tend to come out closer to medium and that's fine.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:22 pm

What?
I never use Amex because a big portion of places refuses to take them.
I find that only places that are on super tight margins and mom and pop shops refuse the AMEX. (Understandably so.) This does not describe ANY of the places I was blowing fat stacks on in Little Italy.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:19 pm
max225 wrote: I don't like well done, but I can't do medium rare...

Bring the stones folks, I know I am in the :wrong: here
I hold that the level of done-ness is not necessarily relevant to how good a :meat: dish is to eat.

I've had enjoyable beefy meals everywhere from raw (bœuf tartare) to crispy thin cheeseburgers. In general I order rare and also shoot for rare when cooking my own stuff, but both tend to come out closer to medium and that's fine.
:dat:

I also prefer rare, but I've had steak dishes done medium to well that taste outstanding. My favorite burger place here cooks all the burgers the same...medium well and they're incredible. Can't always rule out a dish entirely because of doneness.

Actually, nothing is more :rage: to me than a place that asks how I want something cooked, then ignores it and chars the shit out of my thing. Why'd you bother asking? If it's going to come out fully cooked, just tell me upfront and don't give me the option to get my hopes up.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:19 pm I hold that the level of done-ness is not necessarily relevant to how good a :meat: dish is to eat.

I also prefer rare, but I've had steak dishes done medium to well that taste outstanding. My favorite burger place here cooks all the burgers the same...medium well and they're incredible. Can't always rule out a dish entirely because of doneness.

Actually, nothing is more :rage: to me than a place that asks how I want something cooked, then ignores it and chars the shit out of my thing. Why'd you bother asking? If it's going to come out fully cooked, just tell me upfront and don't give me the option to get my hopes up.
That was my one gripe about the food in Mexico. Every steak I got was cooked medium to medium well when I ordered medium rare every time. Not a huge deal, they were still flavorful, but man if you only do one temp, don't let me request something else and think I'm going to get it :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 am

That was my one gripe about the food in Mexico. Every steak I got was cooked medium to medium well when I ordered medium rare every time. Not a huge deal, they were still flavorful, but man if you only do one temp, don't let me request something else and think I'm going to get it :lol:
Mexicans don't understand not cooking the hell out of meat. I think it's a learned thing due to food quality and health risks.

Still, if I really want something rare, I ask for it rare or black and blue. That usually results in a solid medium rare. A few times I've gotten what I asked for, which is :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

We're still gonna do sushi on Sunday, but the sushi place we like is right around the corner from The Friendly, so I'll probably stop there on the way to or from picking up the sushi to grab a burger :drool:
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

:hai:

+1 to the burger > steak group. Medium and standard toppings are best imo.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 am :hai:

:fuckyeah:

This guy gets it.

Also, it's Friday! :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 am We're still gonna do sushi on Sunday, but the sushi place we like is right around the corner from The Friendly, so I'll probably stop there on the way to or from picking up the sushi to grab a burger :drool:
:notbad:

Sushi can certainly be one of those "hit Taco Bell on the way home" meals, so it's a solid plan.
max225

Asking me to pick between the best burger vs best steak is like asking me to pick a favorite child. IMPOSSIBLE.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 am

This guy gets it.

:fuckyeah: Friday! Plans for the weekend?

One of my sisters is out here for a wedding, so may see her for a bit tomorow. Michelle and I are doing some VR video game thing tomorrow too. It's one of my days off from lifting, so just do that, eat, and relax. Heavy leg day Sunday to prime my body for the excess buger/sushi calories that will be consumed.
max225

Weekend plans ? hmm hoping to roll around 200-250miles in the Tessie... Going to see a friend of mine for a Rona B day party... And then perhaps wineries on Sunday. But i am trying to stay away from the booze so this will get interesting.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 am

This guy gets it.

One of my sisters is out here for a wedding, so may see her for a bit tomorow. Michelle and I are doing some VR video game thing tomorrow too. It's one of my days off from lifting, so just do that, eat, and relax. Heavy leg day Sunday to prime my body for the excess buger/sushi calories that will be consumed.
Allison goes back to work Monday, she had the opportunity to stay at a friend's place for free at the beach this weekend, so it's just me and the :doge:

I'm going to get the C5 ready and list it for sale. Other than that just riding my bikes, walkin' the :doge: , chillin'.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 am

Allison goes back to work Monday, she had the opportunity to stay at a friend's place for free at the beach this weekend, so it's just me and the :doge:

I'm going to get the C5 ready and list it for sale. Other than that just riding my bikes, walkin' the :doge: , chillin'.
What does "getting it ready for sale" entail ? Did you ever find that title?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:17 pm

New one is on the way from the state, I had to jump through a few hoops. I actually think NCDMV never sent me the title in the first place, as all the other documentation was in place and NCDMV had no record of the lien release. I ended up having to contact the CU that provided the car loan to get notarized proof of payoff. This is a loan I completed in 2016 :wtf:

I just need to clean it up, put the stock seats/wheels back on, take photographs, etc.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:20 pm

New one is on the way from the state, I had to jump through a few hoops. I actually think NCDMV never sent me the title in the first place, as all the other documentation was in place and NCDMV had no record of the lien release. I ended up having to contact the CU that provided the car loan to get notarized proof of payoff. This is a loan I completed in 2016 :wtf:

I just need to clean it up, put the stock seats/wheels back on, take photographs, etc.
What a mess... Hope you'll get it soon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Godspeed on the not drinking... I find it easy to skip the booze at home but it gets tough in social settings when friends/fam are indulging.