OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:42 pm How do ya'll like your burgers/steak?

I know I am :wrong: but i can't stand "pink" patties.. I always ask for medium...
Pink steaks I don't do either... which of course is not right... Gotta HAVE IT BLOODY IF YOU'RE A REAL MAN.
Bugers should be cooked through. I often order medium well.
Steak doe.......medium rare....no red but very, very pink. I don't get the bloody.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I know I am :wrong: but i can't stand "pink" patties.. I always ask for medium...
Pink steaks I don't do either... which of course is not right... Gotta HAVE IT BLOODY IF YOU'RE A REAL MAN.
Burgers medium.
Steak medium-rare.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Incredible consensus... :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 pm For steaks, sous vide, low and slow and then a red hot cast iron pan to sear. This is the way.

The new cheap Home depot grill I bought gets rilly rilly hot too (and has a little smokebox....I am actually tickled with it after looking a lot of other (more expensive) options) but I still prefer the cast iron for better cuts...more control = less likelihood for the dreaded WD result....
THANK YOU.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm

Double 1/4 lb smashburgers with grilled onions were a lockdown standby for us..... Thinner burgers smashed to brown crusty perfection on a cheap ass electric griddle. You effectively double the surface area of the meat versus a single thicker pattie ......

:themoreyouknow:

I still opt for single, thicker puck if the meat is top shelf..... the Prime rib or Rib Eye premade burgers in some supermarkets will get the old school treatment......
That sounds incredible. Would eat one of your burgers for sure. I love them smashed extra thin and crispy like that.
THANK YOU
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Medium to medium well for burgers.. if they're smashed thin enough though you never have to worry about the inside not being cooked.
A solid medium rare for my steaks.. definitely not rare, I don't want it full on bleeding, but light pink and juicy :hue: is perfect. Medium is fine, I'm not gonna bitch about that.. beyond that is usually too much for my liking, but I'll still eat it.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 pm

That sounds incredible. Would eat one of your burgers for sure. I love them smashed extra thin and crispy like that.
THANK YOU
We may need to pre or post game our shawarma with burgers...
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Bugers should be cooked through. I often order medium well.
Steak doe.......medium rare....no red but very, very pink. I don't get the bloody.
To quote my good friend, well you... THANK YOU
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:45 pm Incredible consensus... :impressive:
:dat:

For once, we are all :notwrong:

:mindblown:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:46 pm

THANK YOU
What are your Top 3 SD Burger Joints?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Medium to medium well for burgers.. if they're smashed thin enough though you never have to worry about the inside not being cooked.
A solid medium rare for my steaks.. definitely not rare, I don't want it full on bleeding, but light pink and juicy :hue: is perfect. Medium is fine, I'm not gonna bitch about that.. beyond that is usually too much for my liking, but I'll still eat it.

I'm not really all that picky... but medium rare is proper (for steak).

Y'all are making me think I need to get more on board with the thin patty style. Maybe I'll hit up the Desert Special (Freddy's) this weekend, :tits: is going to be out of town.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:45 pm Incredible consensus... :impressive:

Some MFer gonna come in here saying they like well-done steak and we’ll have to stone them. :lol:
SAWCE

This place is billed as a pizza joint (I've had a few slices here and it's good), but their burgers are incredible. If you ever find yourself in San Diego's North Park neighborhood, come grab a few of these. Also their garlic cheese bread is fucking amazing.. so much garlic that it's almost too much.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-friendly-san-diego

Call me before you get there and I'll meet you and slam a couple burgers down myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:51 pm

Some MFer gonna come in here saying they like well-done steak and we’ll have to stone them. :lol:
Inb4 :[user not found]: returns out of the blue and says rare burgers and well done steak are the only way :fax:
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:51 pm

I don't like well done, but I can't do medium rare...

Bring the stones folks, I know I am in the :wrong: here
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:51 pm This place is billed as a pizza joint (I've had a few slices here and it's good), but their burgers are incredible. If you ever find yourself in San Diego's North Park neighborhood, come grab a few of these. Also their garlic cheese bread is fucking amazing.. so much garlic that it's almost too much.

Call me before you get there and I'll meet you and slam a couple burgers down myself.
THis is my kind of place, let's go next time I'm in town.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm

For local spots..

The Friendly

Then a sit down restaurant in Little Italy called Queenstown Public House serves and incredible wild boar burger.. not the smash patty we've been talking about, but a solid, juicy, burger with a unique flavor. This place is close to the airport and I highly recommend grabbing food here if you're ever flying out of SAN and get to town with some time to spare.

The only other place coming to mind off the top of my head is a little hole in the wall called Twist. Fresh flavors, nicely cooked burgers, and ample servings of fries.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:51 pm This place is billed as a pizza joint (I've had a few slices here and it's good), but their burgers are incredible. If you ever find yourself in San Diego's North Park neighborhood, come grab a few of these. Also their garlic cheese bread is fucking amazing.. so much garlic that it's almost too much.

Yes, please. You've got my number. Just let me know when and I'll be ready.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:54 pm

Whoa fuck. This place looks incredible.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:57 pm

Whoa fuck. This place looks incredible.
Michelle's apartment was around the corner from it before we moved back in together last year and we found ourselves walking there quite often for take out burgers during Covid.

I'm craving it now that we're talking about it. We had planned for sushi this weekend, but that may change now...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm

For local spots..

The Friendly

Then a sit down restaurant in Little Italy called Queenstown Public House serves and incredible wild boar burger.. not the smash patty we've been talking about, but a solid, juicy, burger with a unique flavor. This place is close to the airport and I highly recommend grabbing food here if you're ever flying out of SAN and get to town with some time to spare.

The only other place coming to mind off the top of my head is a little hole in the wall called Twist. Fresh flavors, nicely cooked burgers, and ample servings of fries.
I have eaten breakfast at the QT public house. See above comment on the Friendly. Holy smokes.
Twist looks impressive as well.
max225

Motherfuckin shaved truffle pizza :wtf: I need to leave this thread before I eat everything in sight
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:56 pm

For local spots..

The Friendly

I have eaten breakfast at the QT public house. See above comment on the Friendly. Holy smokes.
QT is "our" favorite local restaurant. I've had breakfast there once, was good, but the burgers are where they really shine to me. Michelle get's the Ahi sandwich every time and loves it so much that she refuses to try anything else and get way too stoked if I suggest going there for dinner :lol:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm

Motherfuckin shaved truffle pizza :wtf: I need to leave this thread before I eat everything in sight
I don't think they had that available any of the times we went, but yeah, that sounds amazing. Fuck I'm gonna eat here soon and mildly regret it after because of how much I'll eat.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm

QT is "our" favorite local restaurant. I've had breakfast there once, was good, but the burgers are where they really shine to me. Michelle get's the Ahi sandwich every time and loves it so much that she refuses to try anything else and get way too stoked if I suggest going there for dinner :lol:
We rented a condo in Little Italy for two months in.......2016? My AMEX was radioactive due to dining out all the time. Fond memories of that area though.