OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:balls:
Last edited by razr390 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:cameltoe:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Took a giant rock to my windshield driving up to see my parents yesterday. Massive crack. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

FIRST!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I like the title.

E30 is done, waiting for the exhaust sealant to dry before I take it for a drive.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:wat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:crang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 pm Took a giant rock to my windshield driving up to see my parents yesterday. Massive crack. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.
I was heading on I95 in the middle of no where between Death Valley and Vegas and there was a 5 mile portion where they decided to not pave the highway. It was horrendous I was going on the shoulder and the oncoming trucks were pelting everyone with countless rocks. It was awful and it made me wish I got a film on my entire front end.

:(
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I met a guitar player from Africa today (not just a black dude, he actually moved to the US a couple of years ago), looks like I might have a rhythm guitarist nailed down already and I wasn't even looking for bandmates yet... living in civilization is fucking nice.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 pm I met a guitar player from Africa today (not just a black dude, he actually moved to the US a couple of years ago), looks like I might have a rhythm guitarist nailed down already and I wasn't even looking for bandmates yet... living in civilization is fucking nice.
:mahtroy:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 pm Took a giant rock to my windshield driving up to see my parents yesterday. Massive crack. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.
Time to ask for the Gorilla glass.
I saw they offer that as an oem replacement. My old neighbor owns a windshield replacement company, so gonna see what he can hook me up with.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:58 pm
I was heading on I95 in the middle of no where between Death Valley and Vegas and there was a 5 mile portion where they decided to not pave the highway. It was horrendous I was going on the shoulder and the oncoming trucks were pelting everyone with countless rocks. It was awful and it made me wish I got a film on my entire front end.

:(
:( that sucks. Sorry man
SAWCE

Got a refeed last night :fuckyeah: first “cheat” meal (I was still told what and how much to eat, so it was still a planned meal) in 10 weeks. Two double cheeseburgers and a thing of fries. I got to choose where it came from, so I went with Shake Shack since they have high quality ingredients and my body digests those potato buns better than normal wheat buns that most other places use. It was actually kind of hard to eat the second burger since I haven’t had a large meal like that in a while :lol: Feeling good this morning.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I really wish I had known about this

https://findstarlink.com/
Irish

Irish wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:48 pm I guess this is not the first time these have been visible (There are like 1500 of them up there and they are most visible right after they are launched) but I really wish I had known about this

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:48 pm I really wish I had known about this

Saturday afternoon we put our fire pit on the roof of the house (which is just effectively a concrete patio), and lit a fire. Spent all day cutting downed trees, stacking wood, and overall cleanup. I was pretty tired, so we decided to have a little camp fire. Got the fire somewhat going, but it was struggling. Wife started to get cold and went inside. I decided to give the fire a little more life and watch the stars emerge. We're pretty far from civilization, so our star show is pretty epic, especially from the roof of the upper level of the house. I found a really dry chunk of oak in our wood pile, dropped it on and within 5 minutes the fire was roaring. :nice:

I had my ganja vape, and started puffing. And puffing. And puffing. Right as it started to get dark enough for the stars to show themselves, I was in a different dimension. I looked up and noticed a moving satellite, which in itself isn't an odd occurrence, but then noticed another, then another. I leaned back in my camp chair and noticed they were following each other. I started to :mindblown: as the string of satellites kept coming...I swear I saw 100 pass by over the course of 15 minutes (it was probably just 20 over a few minutes). I couldn't tell if I was actually seeing what I was seeing, and I was completely on my own. My mind raced from aliens to .gov control to starlink (which I actually dismissed in my brain because why the hell would there be starlink satellites over northern MI). I was so awestruck, it didn't even occur to me to call the wife out to verify.

They stopped and the sky got progressively darker. An hour or so later, as the milky way started to emerge, my high was wearing off and the fire was dying down. I went inside and told the wife about what I saw and all she said was "how high are you?" I pleaded with her that it was real, but she just :yeahok: and got me a glass of ice water. Yesterday, I found this article about Starlink and showed it to her. Then she got mad that I didn't call her out to watch with me. :lolol: :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am
Irish wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:48 pm I really wish I had known about this

Saturday afternoon we put our fire pit on the roof of the house (which is just effectively a concrete patio), and lit a fire. Spent all day cutting downed trees, stacking wood, and overall cleanup. I was pretty tired, so we decided to have a little camp fire. Got the fire somewhat going, but it was struggling. Wife started to get cold and went inside. I decided to give the fire a little more life and watch the stars emerge. We're pretty far from civilization, so our star show is pretty epic, especially from the roof of the upper level of the house. I found a really dry chunk of oak in our wood pile, dropped it on and within 5 minutes the fire was roaring. :nice:

I had my ganja vape, and started puffing. And puffing. And puffing. Right as it started to get dark enough for the stars to show themselves, I was in a different dimension. I looked up and noticed a moving satellite, which in itself isn't an odd occurrence, but then noticed another, then another. I leaned back in my camp chair and noticed they were following each other. I started to :mindblown: as the string of satellites kept coming...I swear I saw 100 pass by over the course of 15 minutes (it was probably just 20 over a few minutes). I couldn't tell if I was actually seeing what I was seeing, and I was completely on my own. My mind raced from aliens to .gov control to starlink (which I actually dismissed in my brain because why the hell would there be starlink satellites over northern MI). I was so awestruck, it didn't even occur to me to call the wife out to verify.

They stopped and the sky got progressively darker. An hour or so later, as the milky way started to emerge, my high was wearing off and the fire was dying down. I went inside and told the wife about what I saw and all she said was "how high are you?" I pleaded with her that it was real, but she just :yeahok: and got me a glass of ice water. Yesterday, I found this article about Starlink and showed it to her. Then she got mad that I didn't call her out to watch with me. :lolol: :|
Most of starlink mission is to be above areas that aren’t benefited by good telecom/network infrastructure.

Cool as hell tho. Also :lolol: on :tits: doubting you and then getting mad that she wasn't there
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am

Most of starlink mission is to be above areas that aren’t benefited by good telecom/network infrastructure.

Cool as hell tho. Also :lolol: on :tits: doubting you and then getting mad that she wasn't there
The Starlink "mission" is :bs: People in "underserved" areas aren't rich enough to buy the $500 receiver then pay $100/mo for internet service. People who can afford that live in areas with strong internet offering.

I'm hoping for a portable option so I can go work in the middle of the desert.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

First day of the new gig. Did virtual new hire orientation from home this morning for a few hours this morning and just got my temp access pass for the base. Headed on base shortly to meet my team, then I’ve got another orientation at 1300.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm First day of the new gig. Did virtual new hire orientation from home this morning for a few hours this morning and just got my temp access pass for the base. Headed on base shortly to meet my team, then I’ve got another orientation at 1300.
It’s already 1445 doe… :doomed:

:hue:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm First day of the new gig. Did virtual new hire orientation from home this morning for a few hours this morning and just got my temp access pass for the base. Headed on base shortly to meet my team, then I’ve got another orientation at 1300.

Fired on day one :fuu:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Fired on day one :fuu:
Reported for failing to understand Military Time while working for the military.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Fired for not understanding that Sawce is two hours behind "forum" time (CST) :trollface:
Last edited by Irish on Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Fired for not understanding that Sawce is two hours behind "forum" time (CST)
:dat:
Apex

Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Fired for not understanding that Sawce is two hours behind "forum" time (CST) :trollface:
:bruh:

That’s why the :hue: was supposed to imply the sarcasm. :fail:
:sad: