OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm 10/10 on the pics thanks Dan. Going to the Big Island in September.
:nice:

Big Island is pretty epic. The drive up to Mauna Kea is insane if you haven't done that yet. We also did a helicopter tour back in 2017, was :waxer: AF but pretty damn :neat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm 10/10 on the pics thanks Dan. Going to the Big Island in September.

Big Island is pretty epic. The drive up to Mauna Kea is insane if you haven't done that yet. We also did a helicopter tour back in 2017, was :waxer: AF but pretty damn :neat:
I've done both those things.........my wife still regrets putting me on a helicopter. I like Hilo, super melow, but the most :fuckyeah: area to me is the northwest tip from Kawaihae to Hawi. If I had fuck you money I would live there at least part time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:53 pm

I'll be on Kona from 9/29-10/6
You mean IN Kona. We're 9/5-9/12. I have Big Islanded several times, have you ever been?
Never.. first time to any of the islands. Tips and tricks happily accepted.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm

You mean IN Kona. We're 9/5-9/12. I have Big Islanded several times, have you ever been?
I have a fair number of them. Where are you staying in Kona?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:33 pm

My buddy booked their room at Kings' Land by Hilton.. Not sure if we'll get a room there or somewhere else, but likely in that general area.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:44 pm

My buddy booked their room at Kings' Land by Hilton.. Not sure if we'll get a room there or somewhere else, but likely in that general area.
10-4
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:49 pm

I've done both those things.........my wife still regrets putting me on a helicopter. I like Hilo, super melow, but the most :fuckyeah: area to me is the northwest tip from Kawaihae to Hawi. If I had fuck you money I would live there at least part time.
:butwhy:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:20 pm

She loves me for reasons unclear to me to this very day. We both consider helicopter travel a bit of flirtation with cashing in your chips.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:51 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:48 pm

She loves me for reasons unclear to me to this very day. We both consider helicopter travel a bit of flirtation with cashing in your chips.
Gotcha. The only time I have been in one was during my stint in the Army Reserve/National Guard. It was a Huey with the doors open and it was a rush.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Gotcha. The only time I have been in one was during my stint in the Army Reserve/National Guard. It was a Huey with the doors open and it was a rush.
That was back when you were immortal.
SAWCE

I'd probably do a Heli tour over Hawaii, but outside of that, I don't see much appeal. Even in Hawaii, I'd probably prefer to be on the ground...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm I'd probably do a Heli tour over Hawaii, but outside of that, I don't see much appeal. Even in Hawaii, I'd probably prefer to be on the ground...
I took a tour over the lava fields.........you could see hot lava running into the ocean. It was cool AF, good life experience, but we just don't do helicopters anymore. When things go badly mechanically, there is no emergency glide path/crash landing..............you're done.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I’m off the grid my dudes
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Book ASAP, everyone is going to Hawaii and prices are climbing fast.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm I'd probably do a Heli tour over Hawaii, but outside of that, I don't see much appeal. Even in Hawaii, I'd probably prefer to be on the ground...
I took a tour over the lava fields.........you could see hot lava running into the ocean. It was cool AF, good life experience, but we just don't do helicopters anymore. When things go badly mechanically, there is no emergency glide path/crash landing..............you're done.
Funny, we were talking about this on last week's trip (we saw tons of heli tours) and kind of came to the same conclusion... we likely will never be in one again. That said, seeing lava flowing into the ocean and getting up close inside those crazy valleys with their waterfalls crashing into the ocean/valleys was definitely a bucket list thing. We just threw caution to the wind and did the most expensive one and saw everything. It was an amazing one and done :dill:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Good call. I’ll talk to michelle and figure something out tonight.

We snagged flights on that sale Southwest was doing. Total cost for both of our round trip tickets including taxes and fees was $346 :notbad: $173/person.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:14 pm

We snagged flights on that sale Southwest was doing. Total cost for both of our round trip tickets including taxes and fees was $346 :notbad: $173/person.
:impressive:

Those days are ending quickly.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:17 pm

:impressive:

Those days are ending quickly.
Yea I paid that back in feb… haven’t seen anything decent lately
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:14 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm

That was back when you were immortal.
QFT

Wife Unit wants to spend a portion of whatever inheritance she ends up with on a bucket list trip. Hawaii is top of the list ...... because Ireland is definitely happening in the next few years while we can be reasonably sure we will both be mobile enough to enjoy a trip abroad.
SAWCE

Slid into first place for that completion. Thank you again to everyone who voted, especially those who donated. Votes are cumulative for the first four rounds, so hopefully I can keep that place until I get into the quarter finals.

2 for $1 votes still available for another 2.5 hours.
SAWCE

Shiiiit.. already back in second place.
SAWCE

Recaptured first place. First round of voting ends at 7:00pm PST.

Thank you so much to all of you, especially those who bought votes with the promo yesterday. If you have a second today to cast another free Facebook vote and help me stay in first place and widen the gap a bit, that would be awesome:

https://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/brandon-al
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Pointless post but man, I want to rant about work right now.

So, over the past year I was promised a promotion to a new position they would create in my division, Business Development Manager. This role involves managing a sales territory with key customers, traveling in the field for in-person meetings, etc. Similar to my current position but more money, less account management :bs: , and no management of people. When this was promised, I was asked if I was interested in managing people, to which I said, not really.

Well, a few months later, myself and this other cunt who I've detested from day one get "promoted" to "Team Lead". This woman is an emotional roller coaster and psychopath, but certainly works very hard. Whatever. So, for a whopping $4K more/year now, I have to continue doing all of my sales duties as well as manage a couple of people essentially. Fast forward a few months and the Business Dev role is created, they hire someone externally, and my boss is just like "sorry, she was too good to pass up, we will probably create another one of these positions in the future".

Another month or so later, managing people plus my existing sales job isn't really possible to do, so we hire a new rep to take over half my territory. The guy is a great salesperson and cool dude, but has absolutely zero industry experience. We have thousands of technical products, so it's not exactly easy to do this job without knowing anything about the products/projects/whatever. So now I have to essentially still manage the entire territory, but it's more work because I'm handholding him through the process/helping with the half that's now his as well as :dealwithit: on the part that's mine. To top it off, my boss told me I would get to choose which half I retain. So naturally, I chose and then was told I made the :wrong: choice and was forced to keep the half I didn't want. Now this new bro who I am handholding through everything is making more commission than me despite knowing nothing. His sales are epic because I managed his territory for three years and built it up from shit.

The piece de resistance: the aforementioned other team lead who's a huge cunt is now being promoted to manager and I will report to her starting in July AND we have to return to office 50% of the time. This woman is incapable of not micromanaging and it will become a "have you called 50 people today" call center vibe ASAP.

tl;dr losing out on my commission to give it to a new hire that I have to help with everything, reporting to a total cunt, passed up for a promotion I was promised for an external candidate

Anyone hiring?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Sorry to hear that Dan
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:33 am Sorry to hear that Dan
Thanks, :bruh:

Definitely a :whocares: kind of thing, but kind of frustrating to have gone from the golden boy to just getting kicked to the curb over and over :ohwell: