OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I can already tell this is going to be annoying.. they want me to take the Jeep to my shop for another visual inspection to get a better estimate, then they expect my shop to order all needed parts based on that; once the parts are in and work can begin, they’ll authorize a rental car for me and I can drop the Jeep off for repairs.. dude, they’re still only doing a quick visual; they’ll very likely need to order more stuff once they’ve begun tearing it down. You gonna fight extending the rental?
SAWCE

Anyways. Taking it to my shop on Friday, so wells ee what their estimate comes in at. Found a rear OEM Mopar bumper that I think will match my front bumper nicely, so I’ll talk to them then about upgrading that.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/1211 ... 58QAvD_BwE
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Just to add to the absolute :fullretard: the housing market is right now, the in-laws got an offer of $425k on their house before even putting it on the market. This house doesn't even have central air.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 1762-53961
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 am Just to add to the absolute :fullretard: the housing market is right now, the in-laws got an offer of $425k on their house before even putting it on the market. This house doesn't even have central air.

That looks like the house that Ray Finkle grew up in 😀

It has an outstanding lot, $425 gets you a 700 sqft bachelor condo most metro areas! If I were them, I'd get that posted up and see what the market brings.
Huckleberry

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:55 am
Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 am Just to add to the absolute :fullretard: the housing market is right now, the in-laws got an offer of $425k on their house before even putting it on the market. This house doesn't even have central air.

It has an outstanding lot, $425 gets you a 700 sqft bachelor condo most metro areas! If I were them, I'd get that posted up and see what the market brings.
Nah, taking the $425k and running. They are in dire financial straits and have already closed on their smaller house. At $425k, they can pay off the remaining balance on their current home and just about pay off the new home. The two structures on the property are teardowns, and the pictures don't show the pond that her dad decided to do a half-assed job digging in the backyard.

And the offer waived any inspections. I think the only contingency they included was home appraisal, but apparently that isn't a big deal because they have $200k in cash.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am

Nah, taking the $425k and running. They are in dire financial straits and have already closed on their smaller house. At $425k, they can pay off the remaining balance on their current home and just about pay off the new home. The two structures on the property are teardowns, and the pictures don't show the pond that her dad decided to do a half-assed job digging in the backyard.

And the offer waived any inspections. I think the only contingency they included was home appraisal, but apparently that isn't a big deal because they have $200k in cash.
Ahh, the assiduous time constraint, always an important factor. How are the comparables valued in that area? Is 425k typical?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:impressive: and good for them. Taking advantage of this market as a seller like this is winning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am

Ahh, the assiduous time constraint, always an important factor. How are the comparables valued in that area? Is 425k typical?
The area has exploded. Had they maintained and updated the property over the last 30 years, they could have easily fetched $600k+ right now. However, this house is a dump, and the last comparable property was in the same range. That property actually had 8 offers on it, but 7 of them were pulled when everyone realized that the house was incorrectly marked as having central air.

Their saving grace is that the house got roped into a very desirable school district. Otherwise, it is just another trash house on the side of a very busy road.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Damn, it's cloudy today. This hasn't happened in over a month. SAD!
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am

The area has exploded. Had they maintained and updated the property over the last 30 years, they could have easily fetched $600k+ right now. However, this house is a dump, and the last comparable property was in the same range. That property actually had 8 offers on it, but 7 of them were pulled when everyone realized that the house was incorrectly marked as having central air.

Their saving grace is that the house got roped into a very desirable school district. Otherwise, it is just another trash house on the side of a very busy road.
So, it's probably $10k to add minisplit AC/heatpumps to that house and it's more efficient and works just as well as central air. Incredible how uneducated people are STILL in this housing market. People will offer $25k+ over ask but pass on a house that requires a $10k upgrade. :impressive: :fullretard:

Even in this "seller's market" it's incredible how picky buyers can be. It wasn't easy selling our house last fall, yet everyone was :triggered: by the ZOMG SELLER'S MARKET :yeahok: Bitches were whining that the stairs to the basement hadn't been painted. FFS
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 am Damn, it's cloudy today. This hasn't happened in over a month. SAD!
We're on our 4th day in a row of full sun. Supposed to break 60 today! :excited: :lolol:

You're still winning.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 am I don't have enough gas to make it to work because every station within my range is sold out

Time for $10/gal
:thisisfine:
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1300 ... 8428_zpid/

Be my neighbor! $1.6M for a shack on Lake MI.

:fullretard:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 am The area has exploded. Had they maintained and updated the property over the last 30 years, they could have easily fetched $600k+ right now. However, this house is a dump, and the last comparable property was in the same range. That property actually had 8 offers on it, but 7 of them were pulled when everyone realized that the house was incorrectly marked as having central air.

So, it's probably $10k to add minisplit AC/heatpumps to that house and it's more efficient and works just as well as central air. Incredible how uneducated people are STILL in this housing market. People will offer $25k+ over ask but pass on a house that requires a $10k upgrade. :impressive: :fullretard:

Even in this "seller's market" it's incredible how picky buyers can be. It wasn't easy selling our house last fall, yet everyone was :triggered: by the ZOMG SELLER'S MARKET :yeahok: Bitches were whining that the stairs to the basement hadn't been painted. FFS
We're looking at $15-20k installed if we want to put in a good (multi-zone, multi-stage, variable fan speed) central AC system for ~1200 sq ft. Up there you need a good heat pump too lest you end up with $400 electric bills in the winter.

Everything is expensive now. Inflation is zero!
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: So, it's probably $10k to add minisplit AC/heatpumps to that house and it's more efficient and works just as well as central air. Incredible how uneducated people are STILL in this housing market. People will offer $25k+ over ask but pass on a house that requires a $10k upgrade. :impressive: :fullretard:

We're looking at $15-20k installed if we want to put in a good (multi-zone, multi-stage, variable fan speed) central AC system for ~1200 sq ft. Up there you need a good heat pump too lest you end up with $400 electric bills in the winter.

Have you looked into minisplits? They might be much more cost effective for you.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 am We're looking at $15-20k installed if we want to put in a good (multi-zone, multi-stage, variable fan speed) central AC system for ~1200 sq ft. Up there you need a good heat pump too lest you end up with $400 electric bills in the winter.

Have you looked into minisplits? They might be much more cost effective for you.
Not really. We're not going to do anything anytime soon, our rental-spec system is OK for now. Kitchen remodel will be the number one project.

I don't expect being interested in minisplits :doe: with a house of multiple small rooms with already minimal wall space (and concrete walls), plus forced air ducts already in place.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
Detroit wrote: Have you looked into minisplits? They might be much more cost effective for you.
Not really. We're not going to do anything anytime soon, our rental-spec system is OK for now. Kitchen remodel will be the number one project.

I don't expect being interested in minisplits :doe: with a house of multiple small rooms with already minimal wall space (and concrete walls), plus forced air ducts already in place.
Oh, you already have ducts in place...minisplits don't make sense. I thought you were starting without ducting.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am
Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 am

I agree, and the minisplits also allow for easily zoning the house.

And the nitpicky HGTV bullshit is ridiculous. Her mom was pulling that crap when she was looking at houses like, "Oh, the cabinets are outdated," and, "I don't like this wall color."

Meanwhile, her kitchen has recessed light fixtures hanging out of the ceiling by their wiring and paint peeling off the bathroom ceiling due to exhaust fan that they bought in 1994 still sitting in the box.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am Not really. We're not going to do anything anytime soon, our rental-spec system is OK for now. Kitchen remodel will be the number one project.

Oh, you already have ducts in place...minisplits don't make sense. I thought you were starting without ducting.
:word:

We have a 2015 rental-spec forced air system. It works but is not particularly efficient or adjustable/comfortable. Single-stage, zone, and speed = the AC is either on flat out or off. You basically bounce between feeling hot and cold depending on whether it's cooling.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am

I agree, and the minisplits also allow for easily zoning the house.

And the nitpicky HGTV bullshit is ridiculous. Her mom was pulling that crap when she was looking at houses like, "Oh, the cabinets are outdated," and, "I don't like this wall color."

Meanwhile, her kitchen has recessed light fixtures hanging out of the ceiling by their wiring and paint peeling off the bathroom ceiling due to exhaust fan that they bought in 1994 still sitting in the box.
Minisplits are amazing, and if the house doesn't have ducting, an ideal solution for zoning and efficiency for sure.

:pinshit: HGTV stuff is ridiculous. When we were in week 3 of our house being listed, we had our realtor give us all the feedback from the 20+ showings we had. It was all dumb :pinshit: garbage. Almost entirely painting, so we took a weekend and addressed every simple painting thing, and the house sold the next week. People are idiots.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 am
Detroit wrote: Oh, you already have ducts in place...minisplits don't make sense. I thought you were starting without ducting.
:word:

We have a 2015 rental-spec forced air system. It works but is not particularly efficient or adjustable/comfortable. Single-stage, zone, and speed = the AC is either on flat out or off. You basically bounce between feeling hot and cold depending on whether it's cooling.
Our house had a rental spec AC unit added at some point 15ish years ago. I found the paperwork for it in a closet, and the efficiency sticker has the arrow off the scale for inefficiency. Awesome...can't wait to see our energy bills when running the AC. We're also single-stage/zone/speed. Winter is nice because our gas stove manages to heat the entire house. Concrete is a really nice insulator...once it reaches temp.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 am I don't have enough gas to make it to work because every station within my range is sold out

Time for $10/gal
Wowza.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Apparently The General already mailed me a check for their initial estimate... wtf. Just wait til the shop does the work and let them bill you.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 am :word:

Our house had a rental spec AC unit added at some point 15ish years ago. I found the paperwork for it in a closet, and the efficiency sticker has the arrow off the scale for inefficiency. Awesome...can't wait to see our energy bills when running the AC. We're also single-stage/zone/speed. Winter is nice because our gas stove manages to heat the entire house. Concrete is a really nice insulator...once it reaches temp.
You'll be fine with that up there. Here with AC running 11 months a year I'm thinking it'll probably be worth upgrading fairly early for the efficiency reasons alone, adding comfort would be a bonus. It would probably take ~10 years to break even :doe:

Same thing with solar. It'd be worth it eventually but not if we end up getting a different/bigger house in 5 years.