OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:56 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 am

yeah, you definitely want a hard shell if you're looking for more speed. Inflatables are fine for padding around some backwaters, but less than ideal when you're trying to get somewhere.

Is storage a concern? What kind of waters are you typically exploring? Budget?
I have room in my garage to store it so not really a concern. Usually calm waters but we do go out on some rivers that have swifter spots. Budget is negotiable, I’d like to keep it around $500 though.
:word:

I’d shop a hard shell within your budget. My personal preference is a 12’ only because they track better. For stability, you’ll want something with a wide, flat bottom. Closed vs open is personal preference.

Find some local outfitters and seek some advice from them as well.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:06 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Is the firm of DesertBreh taking new clients?

Apparently she was “adjusting her AC”..

Cliff notes: on her phone

It was a mild, breezy 70° today, ain't nobody adjusting their AC.
PM me. If you are actually hurt I can help you you navigate it.
Thank you sir! I think I’m okay. Woke up feeling fine this morning.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Might be quitting this jerb and taking a new one. Slightly worse benefits but I won't be killing myself and it has AC. The only hang up right now is that they want me to sign a contract for a currently undecided amount of time. I told them my work history shows me wanting to leave my current gig after a month is an exception not the rule, but I guess we'll see later today.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 am Might be quitting this jerb and taking a new one. Slightly worse benefits but I won't be killing myself and it has AC. The only hang up right now is that they want me to sign a contract for a currently undecided amount of time. I told them my work history shows me wanting to leave my current gig after a month is an exception not the rule, but I guess we'll see later today.
Good luck Cale!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 am Might be quitting this jerb and taking a new one. Slightly worse benefits but I won't be killing myself and it has AC. The only hang up right now is that they want me to sign a contract for a currently undecided amount of time. I told them my work history shows me wanting to leave my current gig after a month is an exception not the rule, but I guess we'll see later today.
Good luck Cale!
Thanks! They agreed to my terms over the phone yesterday, and then brought up the contract. I'll have someone look it over for me before committing. Really excited about the opportunity though.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 am

Good luck Cale!
Thanks! They agreed to my terms over the phone yesterday, and then brought up the contract. I'll have someone look it over for me before committing. Really excited about the opportunity though.
A contract without an expiration date? I'd be extremely :notsure: about signing that IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

The General’s online estimate from the pics I submitted came back at $485 :lol: they ignored stuff like my spare wheel being scuffed up.. will be interesting to see how much they fight whatever the actual estimate when it gets to a shop is.

Side note, I have coverage under my insurance for a rental car for stuff like this. Do I go through my insurance for that, or should hers be taking care of me while the Jeep is in a shop? I submitted the initial information to mine (GEICO) but didn’t actually file the claim yet since she’s at fault. Last time this happened when someone hit me and the Jeep was in a shop they had geico too, so it was all streamlined. I don’t want a hit on my insurance just for using the rental coverage I have. Is that a thing?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 am The General’s online estimate from the pics I submitted came back at $485 :lol: they ignored stuff like my spare wheel being scuffed up.. will be interesting to see how much they fight whatever the actual estimate when it gets to a shop is.

Side note, I have coverage under my insurance for a rental car for stuff like this. Do I go through my insurance for that, or should hers be taking care of me while the Jeep is in a shop? I submitted the initial information to mine (GEICO) but didn’t actually file the claim yet since she’s at fault. Last time this happened when someone hit me and the Jeep was in a shop they had geico too, so it was all streamlined. I don’t want a hit on my insurance just for using the rental coverage I have. Is that a thing?
I don’t think that should be an issue. Their insurance will pay yours in full for all of these issues.
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:16 am
haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:56 pm

I have room in my garage to store it so not really a concern. Usually calm waters but we do go out on some rivers that have swifter spots. Budget is negotiable, I’d like to keep it around $500 though.
:word:

I’d shop a hard shell within your budget. My personal preference is a 12’ only because they track better. For stability, you’ll want something with a wide, flat bottom. Closed vs open is personal preference.

Find some local outfitters and seek some advice from them as well.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 am The General’s online estimate from the pics I submitted came back at $485 :lol: they ignored stuff like my spare wheel being scuffed up.. will be interesting to see how much they fight whatever the actual estimate when it gets to a shop is.

I don’t think that should be an issue. Their insurance will pay yours in full for all of these issues.
Cool, thanks! That’s what I thought. I’ll call geico this afternoon and set that up along with figuring out with her insurance when I can drop the Jeep off at my shop.
Last edited by SAWCE on Wed May 12, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 am
A contract without an expiration date? I'd be extremely :notsure: about signing that IMO.
No we just hadn't agreed on an expiration date yet. We'll hash that out later today in person.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:54 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 am
No we just hadn't agreed on an expiration date yet. We'll hash that out later today in person.
Ah, that's good.
Apex

Damn it Dplac, between your Bayliner and watching some Deadliest Catch: Bloodlines on lunch I need to get a boat…
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm Damn it Dplac, between your Bayliner and watching some Deadliest Catch: Bloodlines on lunch I need to get a boat…
Not right now you don't with what they cost, but I bet next year boat values will be VERY appealing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 pm Jeep got rear ended while I was driving to the gym. Green light at an intersection, car in front of me was waiting for a pedestrian to cross the crosswalk before turning right.. could see in my rear view mirror that the car behind me wasn’t paying attention at all and just slammed into the back of me. Tail gate is fucked up a bit, spare wheel got scratched. Her car took the brunt of the damage:

Dang man, you've had some less than stellar luck here with the :jeep: :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice man, sometimes you have to put numero uno first and do what works for you.

Glad you had such good luck finding work here quickly.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm Damn it Dplac, between your Bayliner and watching some Deadliest Catch: Bloodlines on lunch I need to get a boat…
Not right now you don't with what they cost, but I bet next year boat values will be VERY appealing.
I hope so! I just want to get out on the water!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
I can't wait! The weather is soon going to be the only thing holding me back.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm
Apex wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:28 pm

I can't wait! The weather is soon going to be the only thing holding me back.
:megusta:

Much excite to hear of your boating experiences!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:20 pm
Nice man, sometimes you have to put numero uno first and do what works for you.

Glad you had such good luck finding work here quickly.
Thanks Dan we should :meat: for disc golf or drinks soon.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

When fucking Stuart murdered my Mk6 last year his insurance company paid for I think 10 days of rental car. They first wanted to only pay for a week but I bitched and told them I'd need more time to find and buy a car in the middle of a global pandemic and they gave me 3 more days. I did call my company just to let them know what happened and they said they would step in if Stuart's company failed to cover everything but it wasn't necessary.

edit, since my car ended up being totaled it was undoubtedly an easier experience since I didn't have to deal with a body shop.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm

When fucking Stuart murdered my Mk6 last year his insurance company paid for I think 10 days of rental car. They first wanted to only pay for a week but I bitched and told them I'd need more time to find and buy a car in the middle of a global pandemic and they gave me 3 more days. I did call my company just to let them know what happened and they said they would step in if Stuart's company failed to cover everything but it wasn't necessary.

edit, since my car ended up being totaled it was undoubtedly an easier experience since I didn't have to deal with a body shop.
Yeah I called my insurance and they said that her insurance is responsible for getting me a rental. So I’ll work that out with them when they call me to schedule me dropping the Jeep off.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Submit the whole thing to your insurance and have them fight it out via subrogation. Once you’re deemed not at fault the deductible should get waived and you’ll be clear. Geico’s not the best to deal with, but miles ahead of companies like the General. I assure you Shaq won’t be helping out.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I don't have enough gas to make it to work because every station within my range is sold out

Time for $10/gal
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 am I don't have enough gas to make it to work because every station within my range is sold out

Time for $10/gal
:thanksbiden: