OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:11 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 am

Nope, we either close next week or we just walk away. Fuck them.
You can close and I can break kneecaps.. or you can walk and I can break kneecaps.. There is no mutual exclusivity when it comes to the breaking of kneecaps. Fuck these guys.
I like your thought process.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CaleDeRoo wrote:So I got one of these whoop fitness band things, not really to get super fit, but too see if there's any places I can make improvements and to track how I sleep. Apparently these things are for people who don't have to wake up early for work? My average nightly recovery is about 30%, and it says based on my sleep averages I need 9 hrs of sleep. That puts my bed time at 7am.

:rage:

Caffeine life forever
My Garmin watch has similar functionality. Recovery depends on a lot more than merely time in bed. On a good day I'm fully recovered after just 4 hours. Other days it can take 30.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:11 am
Options are to wait it out or walk away. That's it.
Dang. Never had to deal with a house purchase so that’s why I asked. I figured there were at least hard dates for closing on both sides, otherwise whoever violates that gets punished somehow. Is there any way you can structure a contract that way?
That's how it works here. Seller would be liable for the costs incurred to the buy of being displaced for any extra time. Storage, rental costs, travel costs, etc
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:28 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:16 am

Dang. Never had to deal with a house purchase so that’s why I asked. I figured there were at least hard dates for closing on both sides, otherwise whoever violates that gets punished somehow. Is there any way you can structure a contract that way?
That's how it works here. Seller would be liable for the costs incurred to the buy of being displaced for any extra time. Storage, rental costs, travel costs, etc
I figured it might be something like that but I have no idea. I’d definitely put that into mine if possible. And every day after original closing date, they’d be on the hook for my rent, storage costs, moving costs, etc.

And now this permitting issue for the basement? That’s completely on the seller… they should have to suffer for that, fuck that noise.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I've been using a fitbit to track my sleep, but I've considered moving to the Whoop, or the new Amazon version.. That recovery is super important to me with my bodybuilding. Need that rest/recovery to grow.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:22 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:10 am So I got one of these whoop fitness band things, not really to get super fit, but too see if there's any places I can make improvements and to track how I sleep. Apparently these things are for people who don't have to wake up early for work? My average nightly recovery is about 30%, and it says based on my sleep averages I need 9 hrs of sleep. That puts my bed time at 7am.

:rage:

Caffeine life forever
I've heard this kind of feedback from these things before. Basically that if you wait to exercise until the thing tells you you're fully recovered, you'll never do anything. I'm curious to see what one would tell me, but I'm also afraid it'd get into my head.
It has actually gotten me off my ass a couple times, however I did the first four days of data collection wrong so now it thinks the exercise I did is normal.

It's not.

So I think I'll try to wipe the last four days and start over to get a better idea of how do utilize this .
SAWCE

How comfortable is the Whoop strap to sleep in? It looks like it may be even better than the stock strap on the fitbit.. I bought some fabric ones, but they're too small for my wrists :(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:22 pm Mex trip sounds dope, :sawce: !

We’re sitting here in Newark waiting for our flight to Charlotte. Iceland is truly otherworldly and epic. I’ll post pics and such later when I’m on the computer but lots of cool shit was seen.

I’m very tired and excited to get home :doe:

Here’s a few from the active volcano we visited for starters:

In4MOARPICS
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Been nice knowing you guys.

I have to go find out where the fuck my family is going to live in a week or two. The permits that we were told were started last week didn’t get fucking touched until we started raising hell with the township today. I’m just going to give up the $10k initial deposit and move on. :peace:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:43 pm Been nice knowing you guys.

I have to go find out where the fuck my family is going to live in a week or two. The permits that we were told were started last week didn’t get fucking touched until we started raising hell with the township today. I’m just going to give up the $10k initial deposit and move on. :peace:
Oh man. So sorry to hear this bro. Take a minute though..... breathe.... it can still work out....... or maybe the universe has something better planned for you.....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Permits?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Hang on man, don't forfeit the EMD. You should get it back if they keep pushing the date. I wouldn't give up $10k easily.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Hang on man, don't forfeit the EMD. You should get it back if they keep pushing the date. I wouldn't give up $10k easily.
THIS
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm
THIS
What are his options? Would breh like to DFD help a brotha out and see what his options are?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I made my official debut singing in public the other night, still need a lot of practice but it turned out better than I was expecting:

SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:16 am I made my official debut singing in public the other night, still need a lot of practice but it turned out better than I was expecting:

:fuckyeah:
Apex

And I wake up this morning to hear we’re being bought by Citizens. I give up. Now I won’t even have a job…
Apex

I’d only get it back if they walk, otherwise I’m on the hook indefinitely.
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am And I wake up this morning to hear we’re being bought by Citizens. I give up. Now I won’t even have a job…
Are you sure? This isn’t one of those we are buying you but retaining/converting x y z people?
Apex

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am And I wake up this morning to hear we’re being bought by Citizens. I give up. Now I won’t even have a job…
Are you sure? This isn’t one of those we are buying you but retaining/converting x y z people?
Zero clue. Yet again, no one is going to be telling me anything. I’ll probably just show up one day and they’ll tell me to :gtfo:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:16 am
I guess I don't understand the situation, but if they blow a closing date and ask for it to be moved, they are in breach of the original purchase agreement and you have the right to decline and get your money back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am

Zero clue. Yet again, no one is going to be telling me anything. I’ll probably just show up one day and they’ll tell me to :gtfo:
Big companies suck. It's hard to tell what will happen, but mergers take time, so you're safe for a while.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:27 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:16 am

I guess I don't understand the situation, but if they blow a closing date and ask for it to be moved, they are in breach of the original purchase agreement and you have the right to decline and get your money back.
Doesn’t work that way here… they “didn’t know” the basement they finished wasn’t permitted so we have zero recourse for them moving the closing date as often as they feel like it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am
Doesn’t work that way here… they “didn’t know” the basement they finished wasn’t permitted so we have zero recourse for them moving the closing date as often as they feel like it.
That's fucked. The law is slanted toward the seller, fuck that.
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am
It blows my mind that they “didn’t know something wasn’t permitted” when they were the actual builders said un-permitted basement. That’s no way your fault, and they should have known. I am :deadhorse: but I am sure there is a loophole somewhere. Try to comb through the paperwork line by line and see if anything stands out.