Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:15 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:49 pm
:dat: for sure.

ALSO,

Dear DetroitPlac,

:bruh: You are so far from a failure I can't even. I don't think I ever told you guys this story, and I'll just tell the basics here, but WAAAY back in the late 80's I was in a toxic, old-school industry job. You think automotive is an old dinosaur of an industry, try railroading. It's almost 100 years OLDER of an industry than automotive! And the corporate mind set reflected that. I was young, smart, non-conventional in my thinking, and felt underappreciated and not respected. I was a market manager, responsible for the movement of specific commodities within our 9,000 mile track system. I handled over 25.000 carloads and $9 million in annual business, and I was vastly underpaid compared to my peers, because I was only in my 20's. When I mentioned this in a review, they responded by raising my grade level, but not my pay, so I was now being paid way under the minimum for my grade level. :ayfkm: Anyway, for reasons not important here, the company wanted to reduce payroll so they offered buyouts with the hope of putting older, higher paid employees out to pasture to replace them with younger, cheaper ones, ie, people like ME. To everyone's surprise, I put in for the buyout, which was 6n month's salary in a lump sum. I wasn't making much then, about $32k, but I leapt at it. It took them a few days to ok it but they finally did and I NEVER looked back. And unlike you I didn't have any job prospects lined up. In fact, I quit at the very beginning of what would turn out to be a recession. :derp: I spent the next several months remodeling our attic and looking at job ads in the local newspapers, which was about the only way to find a job back then, besides networking, which I also did. I got a couple of offers in the same industry but turned them down because I wanted to escape. Eventually, I landed a job with the company I'm still with to this day.

The point I'm trying (poorly) to make is, you shouldn't have any ragerts or second thoughts or think any less of yourself for the decision you grabbed by the :balls: and made for all the right reasons. I knew at the time that I made the right decision and I was in a much lesser position than you are now. Like yours, it was not the decision of a failure. You did the right thing and are a winner for doing so.

One bit of :wrong: advice I'd give, that helped me mentally, is stay busy. I made it a point to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning to start work on the attic. It kept my mind in the game, so to speak. I know you have plenty of :pinshit: lined up so you should be good there.

TL;DNR I kinda did what you did a few hundred years ago, for similar reasons, and it worked out great for me, and you're no more a failure now than I was then.

FWIW

:wub: ,
:wap:
5/7 Ron Broham bedtime story. Would read again.
:lol: :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:26 pm

:disgust:

Here I am in the office with a bunch of anti-vaxers, probably getting the 'VID.
My woman went into the office today also. We have a mandatory mask mandate looming. Her company refused the "suggested" mandate... And people in her office were saying that once masks are back they are back out.
My company has made zero mention of the new outbreak in cases, new data indicating that vaccinated people are getting new cases, etc. :iono: most teams/depts. don't seem to come in anymore at all, however my team is mandated to come to the office weekly. There are five of us in the Charlotte office on this team, of which three I can confirm are not vaxed, one I'm not sure, and myself (vaxed). So I'm not really thrilled to be here, if I get the 'VID, I will probably :nuke:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:36 am 1 cup (255g) non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop (34g) Animal Whey chocolate
4tbsp (32g) PB Fit
1/4 cup (60g) oatmilk

Mix it all together, pop it in the freezer. Pull it out every 15-20 minutes to stir it up. Eat it when it’s a consistency you’re happy with.. I let mine freeze for about an hour total.

~445 calories
~30g carbs
~7g fat
~68g protein

:notbad:

The sour Greek yogurt flavor was still there a bit, so I’ll play around with less of that and more oat milk. I may also try an artificial sweetener like Stevia to cut that a bit without adding as many calories as sugar would.

You can cut 70cals by using only 2tbsp of the PBFit stuff.

Aldi sells a 5/7 vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt in the bigger tub size. Would that be a good substitute for plain?
I have a tub in the fridge right now! It does contain quite a bit of sugar though, probably not :massles: approved.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Aldi sells a 5/7 vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt in the bigger tub size. Would that be a good substitute for plain?
I have a tub in the fridge right now! It does contain quite a bit of sugar though, probably not :massles: approved.
Oddly I do kind of like the chocolate brotein when mixed with the plain greek brogurt. ~2/3 cup to 1 scoop is around 300 calories. The yogurt helps to cut the sickeningly sweet fake sugar flavor from the powder. It takes forever to actually mix it up though, pretty much like making cookie dough.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am I just mix the stuff with tap water and it's fine. :iono: Health food isn't supposed to be good, just like exercise isn't supposed to be fun.

The ANIMAL whey has soooo much fake sugar in it that every flavor just tastes super sweet to me anyway, to the point where I can hardly tell a difference between the flavors or whatever I'm mixing it into.
Yeah Animal is a little heavy handed on the flavoring and stuff added into their protein. I’d love to see the carb count come down from the 3g per serving to just 1 or 0.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:28 pm

My woman went into the office today also. We have a mandatory mask mandate looming. Her company refused the "suggested" mandate... And people in her office were saying that once masks are back they are back out.
My company has made zero mention of the new outbreak in cases, new data indicating that vaccinated people are getting new cases, etc. :iono: most teams/depts. don't seem to come in anymore at all, however my team is mandated to come to the office weekly. There are five of us in the Charlotte office on this team, of which three I can confirm are not vaxed, one I'm not sure, and myself (vaxed). So I'm not really thrilled to be here, if I get the 'VID, I will probably :nuke:
:really:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:36 am 1 cup (255g) non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop (34g) Animal Whey chocolate
4tbsp (32g) PB Fit
1/4 cup (60g) oatmilk

Mix it all together, pop it in the freezer. Pull it out every 15-20 minutes to stir it up. Eat it when it’s a consistency you’re happy with.. I let mine freeze for about an hour total.

~445 calories
~30g carbs
~7g fat
~68g protein

:notbad:

The sour Greek yogurt flavor was still there a bit, so I’ll play around with less of that and more oat milk. I may also try an artificial sweetener like Stevia to cut that a bit without adding as many calories as sugar would.

You can cut 70cals by using only 2tbsp of the PBFit stuff.

It’d probably work great and that was an idea I had for next time after I’m out of this tub of plain that I bought. As long as it’s non-fat it’d work for what I’m trying to do. They had flavored oat milk too and I almost grabbed that instead of the plain.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm

:really:
Preaching to the choir... :rage:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:39 pm
D Griff wrote:
Oddly I do kind of like the chocolate brotein when mixed with the plain greek brogurt. ~2/3 cup to 1 scoop is around 300 calories. The yogurt helps to cut the sickeningly sweet fake sugar flavor from the powder. It takes forever to actually mix it up though, pretty much like making cookie dough.
I make this quite a bit as well. Throw a little water or milk (like maybe 1-2 tablespoons) in there and it's easier and, IMO, a bit better consistency.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:39 pm Oddly I do kind of like the chocolate brotein when mixed with the plain greek brogurt. ~2/3 cup to 1 scoop is around 300 calories. The yogurt helps to cut the sickeningly sweet fake sugar flavor from the powder. It takes forever to actually mix it up though, pretty much like making cookie dough.
I make this quite a bit as well. Throw a little water or milk (like maybe 1-2 tablespoons) in there and it's easier and, IMO, a bit better consistency.
That’s essentially the ice cream I made :lol: just missing the powdered peanut butter.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:42 pm

It’d probably work great and that was an idea I had for next time after I’m out of this tub of plain that I bought. As long as it’s non-fat it’d work for what I’m trying to do. They had flavored oat milk too and I almost grabbed that instead of the plain.
:word:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote:Guys …. La is such a shithole … more to come. Man whatever happened to this place :thisisfine:
Im guessing is the tents are everywhere??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:52 pm I make this quite a bit as well. Throw a little water or milk (like maybe 1-2 tablespoons) in there and it's easier and, IMO, a bit better consistency.
That’s essentially the ice cream I made Image just missing the powdered peanut butter.
The difference is that I use way more fat and less sugar/sweetener. It's plain whole milk greek yogurt and the brotein.

For whatever reason I almost never like things as sweet as most any other murican. If I'm eating real ice cream, I pair chocolate ice cream with a fuck load of potato chips to cut the sugar. Peanut butter gets paired with salty crackers or bacon and toast. Even apple pie I make with 1/3 cup sugar and a ton of cinnamon vs 1-2 cups sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon, plus no additional sugar or cream on top.

Diabeetus is the one issue that I don't expect to encounter from my poor dietary preferences.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:38 pm
max225 wrote:Guys …. La is such a shithole … more to come. Man whatever happened to this place :thisisfine:

Yep. And not just the tent but the "people" aka zombies.. and it feels lawless. No cops in sight and lots of ratchet people all over on top of the zombies.

How are things in turkey... I hear ya'll have wildfires now also. Do these happen commonly?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man... as mentioned earlier, I was a bit concerned coming into the office with the anti-vax folks. Well, my Director (based in SF) just reached out and was like "you are one of the few that has uploaded your vax card, so if you don't feel comfortable going in, that's fine". Nice of him to say, but my manager/teammates are all here and coming in, so :notsure: how I am supposed to bring up not coming in anymore, basically because they aren't getting vaccinated. The 'VID just continues to be shitty.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pm Man... as mentioned earlier, I was a bit concerned coming into the office with the anti-vax folks. Well, my Director (based in SF) just reached out and was like "you are one of the few that has uploaded your vax card, so if you don't feel comfortable going in, that's fine". Nice of him to say, but my manager/teammates are all here and coming in, so :notsure: how I am supposed to bring up not coming in anymore, basically because they aren't getting vaccinated. The 'VID just continues to be shitty.
Wow your boss has access to your medical records? That's not really ok.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pm Man... as mentioned earlier, I was a bit concerned coming into the office with the anti-vax folks. Well, my Director (based in SF) just reached out and was like "you are one of the few that has uploaded your vax card, so if you don't feel comfortable going in, that's fine". Nice of him to say, but my manager/teammates are all here and coming in, so :notsure: how I am supposed to bring up not coming in anymore, basically because they aren't getting vaccinated. The 'VID just continues to be shitty.
No, we were instructed to upload our vax cards to the HR software if we want to not wear masks in the office. It looks like I'm the only one on our team who has done so but no one is wearing masks still and I'm now working in the office with them two days a week.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:13 pm

No, we were instructed to upload our vax cards to the HR software if we want to not wear masks in the office. It looks like I'm the only one on our team who has done so but no one is wearing masks still and I'm now working in the office with them two days a week.
That's some shit HR system IMO. The woman's company required proof of vaccination for access to the building, similar to a badge. So no one in the building is unvaxxed but I guess all companies do their own thing. Seems like a big liability either way. Which is why I am assuming we're still closed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm

That's some shit HR system IMO. The woman's company required proof of vaccination for access to the building, similar to a badge. So no one in the building is unvaxxed but I guess all companies do their own thing. Seems like a big liability either way. Which is why I am assuming we're still closed.
Yeah her company's setup sounds better. I guess the issue with it would be that it is more towards forcing everyone to get vaccinated, assuming they may have to go into the office at any point. :notsure: what the :dill: would be here if they put out such a requirement, I guess these twice/week mandatory office days would be abolished.

The thing is, I am happier "getting" to come to the office a couple of times/week, but not at the expense of my own health. Remote 24/7 is kind of meh to me.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:41 pm
SAWCE wrote:
That’s essentially the ice cream I made Image just missing the powdered peanut butter.
The difference is that I use way more fat and less sugar/sweetener. It's plain whole milk greek yogurt and the brotein.

For whatever reason I almost never like things as sweet as most any other murican. If I'm eating real ice cream, I pair chocolate ice cream with a fuck load of potato chips to cut the sugar. Peanut butter gets paired with salty crackers or bacon and toast. Even apple pie I make with 1/3 cup sugar and a ton of cinnamon vs 1-2 cups sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon, plus no additional sugar or cream on top.

Diabeetus is the one issue that I don't expect to encounter from my poor dietary preferences.
I’m with you in salty over sweet. I used to never have a sweet tooth, but after this last hard diet I did I’ve been craving them like crazy. So trying to find stuff like this to curb that with without blowing my new diet plan out of the water.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Yep. And not just the tent but the "people" aka zombies.. and it feels lawless. No cops in sight and lots of ratchet people all over on top of the zombies.

How are things in turkey... I hear ya'll have wildfires now also. Do these happen commonly?
I imagine it's similar in Turkey, but Greece is in the middle of their wildfire season now, with several dozen burning all over the place, towns needing to be evacuated, etc. They're also in the midst of their worst heat wave in 34 years with highs between 110 and 120, and overnight lows way higher than usual.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Jesus christ :disgust: It's been 10 years since I've been there.

Turkey has been good overall, there's always something going on, attended a couple weddings. All outdoors and maintained distance as much as possible and not get into the dance floor. Use hand sanitizers, wear masks, etc.

As for wildfires, it is common, only happens once a year or every 2 years, depends on how hot it gets during the summer. Right now it is hot and dry heat, a perfect recipe for wildfire. But this is the most severe we're currently experiencing right now. Luckily the closest one is a 6 hour drive from Istanbul, including the where I stayed recently :sad: We usually have fire planes where they use a huge sack to pack the water and pour it over the burning areas, but Erdogan scraped those off in those areas as they're a "waste" or atleast what the media says.

To make matters worse, Greece offered to help but Erdogan declined (this is no time for politics dude!!), the government is completely negligent about the issue where we have Spain, Serbia and Ukraine to help us. He went to one of the burning provinces and just gave tea to them, like :whocares: they lost their home, have pretty much nothing, and they have :rage: as well. Erdogan is pretty much :aintcare: he just pretends that he cares and offers tea as he hops off out of his luxury plane. I really hope he's gone after the upcoming election in 2 years... but god knows. I also hope this tragedic event would help him off his presidency for good, most of those areas that are burning don't typically support him as the majority
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Day of reckoning finally came, and a received a virtual court date for my distracted driving ticket from last summer. Insurance is going to rape me for the next two years :gag:

I don't think that sitting stationary at the lights is going to mean much, so i guess I'll see what comes of this ordeal. :ohwell:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 pm Day of reckoning finally came, and a received a virtual court date for my distracted driving ticket from last summer. Insurance is going to rape me for the next two years :gag:

I don't think that sitting stationary at the lights is going to mean much, so i guess I'll see what comes of this ordeal. :ohwell:
:popcorn:

Deets on the infraction?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 pm Day of reckoning finally came, and a received a virtual court date for my distracted driving ticket from last summer. Insurance is going to rape me for the next two years :gag:

:popcorn:

Deets on the infraction?
Hand held device while operating a vehicle. I was at the lights, checking on some douche-bro to respond to me about our pick up arrangement for gym equipment that I drove 45 min to pick up. When I finally got to his neck of the woods I was trying to set my GPS before the lights changed, and behind me sat a po-po in an unmarked black pickup truck. Lights turned, I tucked in my phone, and started to drive. The dude had no qualms about throwing a $600/four point ticket my way. I think it'll really mess with my insurance rates/coverage. I'm trying to figure out what options I have between now and the court date.