OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:58 pm

I haven't gone to Kauai, it is the only island missing from my list. My fav is still Maui but they are all great with their own unique flavors depending on what you want to do.

I am really curious what Oahu is like, it is the biggest hit and miss for me when it comes to the Islands.
Have you been to Lanai?
I am not friends with Larry
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:45 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm

Have you been to Lanai?
I am not friends with Larry
It was pretty bad ass.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 pm
:tits: just can't cut family off, even if they want to more than anything. Don't even need to cut off, but why volunteer for shit you don't want to do? I'll never get it.
She has actually done really well with dialing back family shit and being less :triggered: by it.

In this particular :bs: case though, her dad just had to get his 25 year chip at an AA meeting she can't go to because she has an evening work function (tonight). She suggested other nights for him to get it, he refused. She organized this gathering to celebrate, which was really nice of her. Her step mom texted her yesterday saying "My kids aren't coming to your house Sunday because your dad said that the chip ceremony is more important and they can only go to one thing".

Just a total bitch move by step cunt mom to say "hey, your dad doesn't care about the party you're having for him" and completely unneccesary.

:ohwell:

This will probably be the last time we see them until Thanksgiving or so, I can live with three visits/year. It's just a bummer because she gets (understandably) bummed out by all of this every time she tries to do something nice for these pieces of shit.
I know I am responsing to this really late (my father in law passed last week) but as a fellow sober member of AA, I will just say your father-in-law should be ashamed of himself.

Our "chip ceremony" is NOT for us, they are to show newcomers that the program works.

He seems to have forgotten that somewhere along the line.

If he truly is a piece of shit, then he is what we call a dry drunk..... selfish and self centered to the extreme and just abstaining from alcohol..... that is NOT "sober".
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 pm
:tits: just can't cut family off, even if they want to more than anything. Don't even need to cut off, but why volunteer for shit you don't want to do? I'll never get it.
She has actually done really well with dialing back family shit and being less :triggered: by it.

In this particular :bs: case though, her dad just had to get his 25 year chip at an AA meeting she can't go to because she has an evening work function (tonight). She suggested other nights for him to get it, he refused. She organized this gathering to celebrate, which was really nice of her. Her step mom texted her yesterday saying "My kids aren't coming to your house Sunday because your dad said that the chip ceremony is more important and they can only go to one thing".

Just a total bitch move by step cunt mom to say "hey, your dad doesn't care about the party you're having for him" and completely unneccesary.

This will probably be the last time we see them until Thanksgiving or so, I can live with three visits/year. It's just a bummer because she gets (understandably) bummed out by all of this every time she tries to do something nice for these pieces of shit.
Sometimes family ain’t shit. Whocares if they are upset, stand your ground in what you believe is right, you don’t owe them a damn thing.

Life isn’t a fast and furious movie, most of the time family fucks you more than anything, literally and figuratively.
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm Man,I've had a busy-ass week. Still not done yet, but it isthe perfect blend of WFH/custy visits to get me out of the house.

I'm really proud of the efforts that my wife and I have been making to keep it together on the home front, especially with the kids home 24/7. She's a trooper, and our morning workouts are helping. Wife is losing weight and I'm feeling more toned/core strength and starting to look better which fixes a few things for us both.

We had a rocky start with the pool opening, mainly me battling algae from being under a cover, and me borking the salt system accidentally, oops. We switched to chlorine tablets and it's so easy. This is our new reality going into a crazy hot weekend... :fuckyeah: !

Nice pool..... We got in ours for the first time of the season yesterday. I am OCD/anal about it and i keep it immaculate. I use the guidance found here.... troublefreepool.com

No pucks, no poolstore chems

Chlorinating liquid (used to be able to just use bleach, but they started adding surfactants),
baking soda (Ups Alkalinity, which buffers pH and keeps it steady),
cyanuric acic (Stabilizer- protects Chlorine from sunlight) and
muriatic acid (lowers Ph).

That's pretty much it. I do add borates as well but that that is just personal preference as it breaks down surface tension, makes the pool truly sparkle and softens the skin feel of the water.

Be wary of the tablets.... they usually have the Stabilizer (CYA) in them and when that gets too high, it borks the efficacy of Chlorine...big time... the only fix is partially draining the pool.....

If you ever need any pointers, hit me up..... water chemistry is a hobby of mine....
Last edited by Irish on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Sometimes family ain’t shit. Whocares if they are upset, stand your ground in what you believe is right, you don’t owe them a damn thing.

Life isn’t a fast and furious movie, most of the time family fucks you more than anything, literally and figuratively.
:sad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:05 pm

I know I am responsing to this really late (my father in law passed last week) but as a fellow sober member of AA, I will just say your father-in-law should be ashamed of himself.

Our "chip ceremony" is NOT for us, they are to show newcomers that the program works.

If he truly is a piece of shit, then he is what we call a dry drunk..... selfish and self centered to the extreme and just abstaining from alcohol..... that is NOT "sober".
Sorry to hear about your FIL.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:18 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pm

:sad:
:dat:

I’ll keep the crust on my tuna going forward. :pouroneout:
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Admittedly I kinda dread having a baby and enjoy like 3+ y.o. kids way more but it’s a short period/price to pay over the long haul.
I'm really happy sharing life with my two boys, worth it 100%. In the end any reality becomes the yardstick you measure with, and it is impossible to visualize in great depth what "life would be like" if things were different... It is a lifestyle change which lasts a lifetime. Some people don't want to give up what they have and are :notwrong: , since there is no right or wrong really.

My biggest eye opener was the wife transformation. It was the hardest part of the whole toddlerhood era. Thankfully I'm learning that they kinda go back to the way they were once the youngest kid is about five or six, at that point the world is a beautiful place (again).
Mine didn't... but I still wouldn't trade fatherhood for the world. HOWEVER, I completely understand that it is not for everybody.
Last edited by Irish on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:13 pm We got a few videos from our last show online. The camera isn't very close but the sound is good for a random old cell phone.

:nice: So cool to see you "spreading your wings" in a locale that makes you happier..... :fuckyeah:

I've told you this before but your playing is :impressive: as well .... :muah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sorry to hear about your father in law man :sad:

:iono: My FIL did get sober and take care of his daughters, my MIL to this day is drunk/high 24/7. He paid for :tits: college, gave up a lot to try to raise them and did the best he could. He is also sort of an ass hole and one of the most stubborn and closed minded individuals I've ever met. He also doesn't know how to be the parent of a successful adult daughter at all and shows zero interest in anything she does...

It is :thisisfine: , we see them a few times/year, after the visit :tits: is left feeling :disappoint: , we talk it out, move on and don't look forward to the next visit.

:ohwell: They don't really play a huge role in our lives so it's not the end of the world.

FWIW I have no idea if he actually said that about the chip ceremony or not, his wife is a miserable bitch so she could've just made it up to put a wedge between him and his daughter.

And to be fair, credit where it's due, etc. he does a lot for his AA community, speaks at meetings, sponsors people, employs some at his business, all sorts of things, so I can't really say he's not sober, but he's just kind of an SOB in many ways :lolol:
Irish

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Thanks mang.....He was from your neck of the woods..... Saddle Brook........ it was a blessing really... Stage 4 Metastasized Lymphatic cancer...... when my wife showed up for him for the last time he was sitting in his wheelchair at the kitchen table having a beer.... he went to sleep that night and passed peacefully, at home, after 3 days of unconsciousness.... Some struggles leading up to that and he needed a lot of hands on care from family (including my wife) for weeks before but they way he went was pretty :notbad:

Military funeral in Paramus NJ..... Taps frigging always kills me........
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Thanks mang.....He was from your neck of the woods..... Saddle Brook........ it was a blessing really... Stage 4 Metastasized Lymphatic cancer...... when my wife showed up for him for the last time he was sitting in his wheelchair at the kitchen table having a beer.... he went to sleep that night and passed peacefully, at home, after 3 days of unconsciousness.... Some struggles leading up to that and he needed a lot of hands on care from family (including my wife) for weeks before but they way he went was pretty :notbad:

Glad it was peaceful for him man, hugs for your wife.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:13 pm We got a few videos from our last show online. The camera isn't very close but the sound is good for a random old cell phone.
:nice: So cool to see you "spreading your wings" in a locale that makes you happier..... :fuckyeah:

Sounds really good :mahtroy: !

Pretty awesome that you're out gigging down there already! How was the crowd? Will you be back there to play again?
Apex

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Thankfully he went peacefully. Taps can do a number on the heartstrings/tear ducts.
:wub: for ya.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:37 pm :nice: So cool to see you "spreading your wings" in a locale that makes you happier..... :fuckyeah:

Pretty awesome that you're out gigging down there already! How was the crowd? Will you be back there to play again?
Crowds are small but it's a small place that just re-opened so they're starting from scratch. We're playing again there this Saturday night, same thing but trying to add a couple of songs each week.

Apparently the afternoon crowd has gone down to near zero now that the summer heat has set in, which sucks but maybe some weeknights will pick up. The venues closer to the beach might also still be good in the afternoons, that's probably the next step.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your father in law man :sad:

:iono: My FIL did get sober and take care of his daughters, my MIL to this day is drunk/high 24/7. He paid for :tits: college, gave up a lot to try to raise them and did the best he could. He is also sort of an ass hole and one of the most stubborn and closed minded individuals I've ever met. He also doesn't know how to be the parent of a successful adult daughter at all and shows zero interest in anything she does...

It is :thisisfine: , we see them a few times/year, after the visit :tits: is left feeling :disappoint: , we talk it out, move on and don't look forward to the next visit.

:ohwell: They don't really play a huge role in our lives so it's not the end of the world.

FWIW I have no idea if he actually said that about the chip ceremony or not, his wife is a miserable bitch so she could've just made it up to put a wedge between him and his daughter.

And to be fair, credit where it's due, etc. he does a lot for his AA community, speaks at meetings, sponsors people, employs some at his business, all sorts of things, so I can't really say he's not sober, but he's just kind of an SOB in many ways :lolol:
Thanks man. Yeah I may have jumped to some conclusions myself....sorry. If he is doing all that then I guess he is sober but the SOB part is somewhat unusual for someone who is doing that much service and has that many years. She, definitely sounds like she could use 12 Steps in her life.
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm
D Griff wrote:

Crowds are small but it's a small place that just re-opened so they're starting from scratch. We're playing again there this Saturday night, same thing but trying to add a couple of songs each week.

Apparently the afternoon crowd has gone down to near zero now that the summer heat has set in, which sucks but maybe some weeknights will pick up. The venues closer to the beach might also still be good in the afternoons, that's probably the next step.
Yeah.... lost my old man in '96 ..... I was fine the whole time until that bugle sounded...... I never sobbed like that before or since.... But it still made me tear up ....especially since the Navy actually sent out a live bugler.....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm Crowds are small but it's a small place that just re-opened so they're starting from scratch. We're playing again there this Saturday night, same thing but trying to add a couple of songs each week.

Yeah.... lost my old man in '96 ..... I was fine the whole time until that bugle sounded...... I never sobbed like that before or since.... But it still made me tear up ....especially since the Navy actually sent out a live bugler.....
My SIL's dad had a live bugler at his funeral. He was an army medic in the Pacific theater in WWII. It was very touching.

Also, condolences on your FIL to you and Mrs. Irish.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm
D Griff wrote:

Nice man, it is a great start!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm Crowds are small but it's a small place that just re-opened so they're starting from scratch. We're playing again there this Saturday night, same thing but trying to add a couple of songs each week.

My grandfather was Navy and they also sent a live bugler... Definitely emotional hearing it.
Irish

wap wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:01 pm

My SIL's dad had a live bugler at his funeral. He was an army medic in the Pacific theater in WWII. It was very touching.

Also, condolences on your FIL to you and Mrs. Irish.
Thanks my brother.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Hows Freeedomm?
US is pretty much back to 2019 spec but everything costs 50% more if you're lucky enough to get it.

I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, pretty stoked to dump work for a week and a half.
thats what i've been hearing lol, fortunately Turkey saved me lots of moola.

in4 hawaii snaps
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’ve already eaten two cups of rice today.. that’s more carbs than I was eating per day for the last few weeks. Feelsgoodman. I get another cup in each of two more meals later too. This mental fog may finally lift a bit.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:05 pm I’ve already eaten two cups of rice today.. that’s more carbs than I was eating per day for the last few weeks. Feelsgoodman. I get another cup in each of two more meals later too. This mental fog may finally lift a bit.
My brain sucks when I'm hungry/malnourished.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.