OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:19 pm
max225 wrote:
I think I’m too :wap: for a loud car. I see them as embarrassments.
I would rather have a loud intake noise in the car than subject the world to a loud exhaust... especially now that I live on a main road.

Loud pipes are for little pricks.
:dat: :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I kind of want to get a very mild muffler for the jeep. Right now its muted as it gets, but dem brubs are really calling my name. I dont care about anyone else hearing it, more for my enjoyment.

A good intake noise is better than a good exhaust. Turbo and ITB intakes :sex:. My old merc with the m103 I6 engine sounded amazing with the intake off, even though it was a slug.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:35 pm Friend of mine just bought a 2012 Boss 3bro2. He is the dude who sold his FR-S a few months ago. He found a stock orange 3bro2 with 69 ( :hue: ) K miles for $33,XXX. He just came by and I took a ride in it, pretty :neat: car but my god is that thing loud as fuck.

I think I would have a hard time paying $36K OTD for such a thing as well, but it's the best :dill: he could find given the :bs:
:iono: I think there is a middle ground. My Corvette with Borlas sounds great but is not all that loud unless you go WOT. The 328i with the Brola catback was similar. I love hearing a good sounding car, but it is a fine line between :neat: and :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:58 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm

:iono: I think there is a middle ground. My Corvette with Borlas sounds great but is not all that loud unless you go WOT. The 328i with the Brola catback was similar. I love hearing a good sounding car, but it is a fine line between :neat: and :disgust:
Agreed 100%

This afternoon we went to a farm/nursery around the corner from us. We just bought some plants and were checking out when this dude drove up in the loudest Cummins Ram I've ever heard. So obnoxious, Michele says "someone's got a small one" and the other women chuckle and nod. The dude was just picking up something and left, I walked over to get the CT to load in our plant haul, and that thing is relatively silent. I back it up in front of the ladies and they're chuckling, I load the plants not thinking about it.

I get in the truck and Michele said the first thing the other women said when I moved the CT was "well, you're lucky! he's clearly not compensating like that last guy tee hee tee hee".

:csb:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:35 pm Friend of mine just bought a 2012 Boss 3bro2. He is the dude who sold his FR-S a few months ago. He found a stock orange 3bro2 with 69 ( :hue: ) K miles for $33,XXX. He just came by and I took a ride in it, pretty :neat: car but my god is that thing loud as fuck.

I think I would have a hard time paying $36K OTD for such a thing as well, but it's the best :dill: he could find given the :bs:
$36k for a 10 year old Mustang is just :fullretard: no matter how you slice it. Hope he likes it for a long time, he'll lose his ass within a few years on it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 pm

$36k for a 10 year old Mustang is just :fullretard: no matter how you slice it. Hope he likes it for a long time, he'll lose his ass within a few years on it.
He’s had the same $1200 Ranger for like 7 years and wanted a Mustang for the entire 12+ I’ve known him, so he’ll be fine.

:iono: I think it’s a cool car but I just got in and couldn’t help thinking that’s a lot of dough for a Mustang without Bluetooth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Agreed 100%

This afternoon we went to a farm/nursery around the corner from us. We just bought some plants and were checking out when this dude drove up in the loudest Cummins Ram I've ever heard. So obnoxious, Michele says "someone's got a small one" and the other women chuckle and nod. The dude was just picking up something and left, I walked over to get the CT to load in our plant haul, and that thing is relatively silent. I back it up in front of the ladies and they're chuckling, I load the plants not thinking about it.

I get in the truck and Michele said the first thing the other women said when I moved the CT was "well, you're lucky! he's clearly not compensating like that last guy tee hee tee hee".

5/7 story.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 pm
He’s had the same $1200 Ranger for like 7 years and wanted a Mustang for the entire 12+ I’ve known him, so he’ll be fine.

:iono: I think it’s a cool car but I just got in and couldn’t help thinking that’s a lot of dough for a Mustang without Bluetooth.
If it's what hes wanted forever than :fuckyeah: but it really is a ton of money for a 10 year old Mustang.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:43 pm Agreed 100%

5/7 story.
Whenever those dudes go buy I usually say "Wow, that guy has a huge penis" as loud as I can. Alternatively, for the stupidly huge trucks I use baby talk "Awww, who's got a big boy truck? You do. Yes you do. Such a big big boy truck!"

The snowflakes love it. One day I'll be murdered.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:05 pm
D Griff wrote:
5/7 story.
Whenever those dudes go buy I usually say "Wow, that guy has a huge penis" as loud as I can. Alternatively, for the stupidly huge trucks I use baby talk "Awww, who's got a big boy truck? You do. Yes you do. Such a big big boy truck!"

The baby talk :lolol:

I might have to adopt.

:truckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:12 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:05 pm Whenever those dudes go buy I usually say "Wow, that guy has a huge penis" as loud as I can. Alternatively, for the stupidly huge trucks I use baby talk "Awww, who's got a big boy truck? You do. Yes you do. Such a big big boy truck!"

The baby talk :lolol:

I might have to adopt.

:truckyeah:
:dat: is epic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Man,I've had a busy-ass week. Still not done yet, but it isthe perfect blend of WFH/custy visits to get me out of the house.

I'm really proud of the efforts that my wife and I have been making to keep it together on the home front, especially with the kids home 24/7. She's a trooper, and our morning workouts are helping. Wife is losing weight and I'm feeling more toned/core strength and starting to look better which fixes a few things for us both.

We had a rocky start with the pool opening, mainly me battling algae from being under a cover, and me borking the salt system accidentally, oops. We switched to chlorine tablets and it's so easy. This is our new reality going into a crazy hot weekend... :fuckyeah: !

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm Man,I've had a busy-ass week. Still not done yet, but it isthe perfect blend of WFH/custy visits to get me out of the house.

I'm really proud of the efforts that my wife and I have been making to keep it together on the home front, especially with the kids home 24/7. She's a trooper, and our morning workouts are helping. Wife is losing weight and I'm feeling more toned/core strength and starting to look better which fixes a few things for us both.

We had a rocky start with the pool opening, mainly me battling algae from being under a cover, and me borking the salt system accidentally, oops. We switched to chlorine tablets and it's so easy. This is our new reality going into a crazy hot weekend... :fuckyeah: !

Epic! Nice views, great vibes.

Props to you for surviving the pandemic with kids, :mahman:

Busy week for me too, this training and managing thing is a lot. Glad it’s the weekend, but I think I’m going to try to avoid booze for a while. Gotta figure out other ways to celebrate :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We are still in COVID lockdown, but more than 65% of the population 12+ yrs old have at least one dose of VID-juice, so people are flat out :aintcare: anymore. It's liberating to stop giving a shit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm Man,I've had a busy-ass week. Still not done yet, but it isthe perfect blend of WFH/custy visits to get me out of the house.

Busy week for me too, this training and managing thing is a lot. Glad it’s the weekend, but I think I’m going to try to avoid booze for a while. Gotta figure out other ways to celebrate :lolol:
Last I checked, you were overlooked for the management role. What happened, did the hiring chief realize they made a mistake?

I've been kwaffing beers all week, but it is counterproductive to my beach body goals. I'm good with a puff of MJ, but going dry won't likely happen this weekend.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Province wide we dropped from 2800 cases daily to 8 or 900, but our dumbasses in charge left schools closed for the last two weeks of the year. Kind of a letdown. Overall, we are in a good groove now that the weather is better. My kiddos are arguing and fighting a lot, and TV/internet exposure is at an all time high. It's just silly. Not caring though.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I do not remember being this hungry or tired before my last show. I broke down and bought some diet rootbeer and a few zero calorie flavored sparkling waters just so I could have something.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:59 pm We are still in COVID lockdown, but more than 65% of the population 12+ yrs old have at least one dose of VID-juice, so people are flat out :aintcare: anymore. It's liberating to stop giving a shit.
:lolol: NC has been full speed ahead now for a month and the vaccine rate is hanging out at 50%. The rest of the country folk won’t get out because it’s Biden’s microchip.

Dang I just figured out what caused this chip shortage.

:micdrop:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Last I checked, you were overlooked for the management role. What happened, did the hiring chief realize they made a mistake?

I've been kwaffing beers all week, but it is counterproductive to my beach body goals. I'm good with a puff of MJ, but going dry won't likely happen this weekend.
I was passed up for a business development manager role which is just a more senior sales role basically. I was promoted to a Team Lead for a minimal pay bump in December or so, which means I have to manage people including the lady they passed me up for, who makes way more than me. I also still have to do all of the duties I had before the promo.

:ohwell: :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:19 pm I do not remember being this hungry or tired before my last show. I broke down and bought some diet rootbeer and a few zero calorie flavored sparkling waters just so I could have something.
Those things definitely help me out when I’m craving snacks I don’t need.

Good luck man, you’re close! That level of diet restriction is quite a challenge.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:57 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:02 pm

I was passed up for a business development manager role which is just a more senior sales role basically. I was promoted to a Team Lead for a minimal pay bump in December or so, which means I have to manage people including the lady they passed me up for, who makes way more than me. I also still have to do all of the duties I had before the promo.

:ohwell: :aintcare:
That bites! They're asking to lose good people treating them to minimal or no pay raises, especially with added responsibilities. Right off the hop that's gotta be worth an extra 20 to 25% more pay and work proportionally. Sorry dude, that's a downer. You're great at your work, which is why they are juicing you.

At least, with your awesomeness you'll always be successful and quickly promoted at any role. That's the win for now, I guess.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:53 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:59 pm We are still in COVID lockdown, but more than 65% of the population 12+ yrs old have at least one dose of VID-juice, so people are flat out :aintcare: anymore. It's liberating to stop giving a shit.
:lolol: NC has been full speed ahead now for a month and the vaccine rate is hanging out at 50%. The rest of the country folk won’t get out because it’s Biden’s microchip.

Dang I just figured out what caused this chip shortage.

:micdrop:
:smrt: :caspian:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

We got a few videos from our last show online. The camera isn't very close but the sound is good for a random old cell phone.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

M3 did go on a short drive, but my rebuilt power steering pump is still bad, so ordered a new one.

Going to fix a few other smaller issues as well.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Got my peak week plan. Last day of 75 minutes of cardio today :fuckyeah: drops down to 45 minutes tomorrow. Then Tuesday we start carbing up... 2.5 cups of rice Tuesday compared to the 1.5 I get now. 3.5 cups on Wednesday. 6.5 cups on Thursday is going to be glorious. Friday we’ll play by ear based on how I look after the high carb Thursday.