OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:00 pm

Something that was clearly not thought through.
WFH has exposed true parents from not. One dude I work with got his wife knocked up in late 2019 and he was elated. I talked to him today and asked him how his daughter is (small talk) she's 10 months old and he went on and on about how happy he is that he's WFH and gets to be there for all the formative moments and blah blah, I kinda lost interest, but he's clearly happy.

Then there's another dude who every single time he's on the phone there's kids screaming the background. We've nicknamed him "Chuckeecheese" because it sounds like he takes all his meetings there. Every time I talk to him one on one and ask how it's going (small talk) he says he can't wait to get back into the office because he can't stand the chaos at home.
:bruh: you created the chaos and you should have the power to control it. Escape is not the answer.
:amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:06 pm

This is my daily struggle :lolol:

I hate this job but the pay is (for me) a lot of money and there is near zero stress, a lot of flexibility, it's a chill environment with a lot of PTO. My previous job was the polar opposite, where I worked really hard and was "at work" pretty much from Monday morning-Friday afternoon the entire time. I really liked the work but was compensated like half for a much more challenging thing. Overall I think I was happier then, but the grass is always greener. There is a lot to be said for having money and time to do shit you enjoy and just sucking it up to maintain that privilege. It could be way worse.
This is so true, and it's easy to forget how good you have it when you're used to it and focus on the negatives. I need to work on that big time.

But really, I think I just need to deal with flare ups of :rage: , let them happen, and move on without doing anything drastic.
:dat:

:tits: always tries to help me "find solutions" and it's like :bruh: , just let me bitch it out and move on. I am just working for the weekend here.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm
This is so true, and it's easy to forget how good you have it when you're used to it and focus on the negatives. I need to work on that big time.

But really, I think I just need to deal with flare ups of :rage: , let them happen, and move on without doing anything drastic.

:tits: always tries to help me "find solutions" and it's like :bruh: , just let me bitch it out and move on. I am just working for the weekend here.
Yea, today was particular :rage: for me and :tits: goes "let's figure out a way to fix it". I just told her to let me :rage: it out and I'll get over it and be fine. That's really all I need. There are no other solutions right now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:00 pm

Something that was clearly not thought through.
WFH has exposed true parents from not. One dude I work with got his wife knocked up in late 2019 and he was elated. I talked to him today and asked him how his daughter is (small talk) she's 10 months old and he went on and on about how happy he is that he's WFH and gets to be there for all the formative moments and blah blah, I kinda lost interest, but he's clearly happy.

Then there's another dude who every single time he's on the phone there's kids screaming the background. We've nicknamed him "Chuckeecheese" because it sounds like he takes all his meetings there. Every time I talk to him one on one and ask how it's going (small talk) he says he can't wait to get back into the office because he can't stand the chaos at home.
:bruh: you created the chaos and you should have the power to control it. Escape is not the answer.
I do enjoy my wfh days. Getting aggravated by dumb people? Go down and play with the munchkin for a bit or make some Dino nuggets for lunch with her. Really relieves a lot of stress to play around and get her laughing and giggling having a great time.

Can’t do that in the office. :rage: ensues.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Yea, today was particular :rage: for me and :tits: goes "let's figure out a way to fix it". I just told her to let me :rage: it out and I'll get over it and be fine. That's really all I need. There are no other solutions right now.
This is why dudes can get in a fist fight and then share beers together 5 minutes later. Let us get it the fuck out of our system and then we’re good.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:26 pm
This is why dudes can get in a fist fight and then share beers together 5 minutes later. Let us get it the fuck out of our system and then we’re good.
:tits: gets scared when I :rage: She had some physically abusive relationshits in the past, so I guess it's fair. I try to keep my temper in check, but as a dude with testosterone, it's really fucking difficult at times. I've never once laid a hand on her (that she didn't explicitly ask for :hubba: ) but still if I show ANY form of aggression she wants to squash it instantly. She still tells the story of the time 9 years ago when I kicked open our new apartment door because the latch failed. It was 11pm, I had a bad day, and wanted to get inside. A :whocares: moment in the grand scheme that the management company took full responsibility for and apologized profusely for, but she TO THIS DAY refers to that instance when telling others that I have a "really bad temper". I'm the most laid back dude IRL, but not to her :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:42 pm

I do enjoy my wfh days. Getting aggravated by dumb people? Go down and play with the munchkin for a bit or make some Dino nuggets for lunch with her. Really relieves a lot of stress to play around and get her laughing and giggling having a great time.

Can’t do that in the office. :rage: ensues.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

WFH is isolation from the :bs: and the ability to take a break and do something you enjoy to calm down. It's the only way I've lasted as long as I have in my job.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:iono: I’ve always been one to just leave work shit at work, and there’s been no shortage of work bullshit in the last 5+ years
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:54 pm :iono: I’ve always been one to just leave work shit at work, and there’s been no shortage of work bullshit in the last 5+ years
I strive for this, I really do. I just tend to take great pride in my work and when things don't make sense or dealing with things out of my control, I need to do better at recognizing that and :aintcare:

Any tips for success with leaving work at work? Especially in the WFH times?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:54 pm :iono: I’ve always been one to just leave work shit at work, and there’s been no shortage of work bullshit in the last 5+ years
I find this is hard when work is literally in my house :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:52 pm

:tits: gets scared when I :rage: She had some physically abusive relationshits in the past, so I guess it's fair. I try to keep my temper in check, but as a dude with testosterone, it's really fucking difficult at times. I've never once laid a hand on her (that she didn't explicitly ask for :hubba: ) but still if I show ANY form of aggression she wants to squash it instantly. She still tells the story of the time 9 years ago when I kicked open our new apartment door because the latch failed. It was 11pm, I had a bad day, and wanted to get inside. A :whocares: moment in the grand scheme that the management company took full responsibility for and apologized profusely for, but she TO THIS DAY refers to that instance when telling others that I have a "really bad temper". I'm the most laid back dude IRL, but not to her :rolleyes:
Allison thinks it's funny when I am angry which is all the more :rage: inducing :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm
I find this is hard when work is literally in my house :ohwell:
Exactly. Work IS at home.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Allison thinks it's funny when I am angry which is all the more :rage: inducing :lolol:
Oh man, that would be worse. :lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Thanks Dan for the liquor store recommendation. State Line also had 93

That St. Germain's really pumped this vodka gimlet to the next level
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Shit photo, but we got flags this morning. :fuckyeah:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 pm Thanks Dan for the liquor store recommendation. State Line also had 93

FWIW every gas station has 93 here, 91 isn't a thing.

Glad it worked out :doe: !

Grain alcohol? :gag:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 pm Thanks Dan for the liquor store recommendation. State Line also had 93

Bruh every gas station near me has been 87 only for two weeks now. I've literally only found it in SC so far.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:13 pm Shit photo, but we got flags this morning. :fuckyeah:

:fuckyeah: :gaydance:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Bruh every gas station near me has been 87 only for two weeks now. I've literally only found it in SC so far.
Oohhhh :lolol:

I forgot about the gas shortage... I haven't filled up the C5 since my trip back here from DC like three weekends ago :lolol: That post driving society life.
troyguitar

Got the murica free from the ropes, but the wind doesn't blow when I'm looking.

#takebacktheflag
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 pm Got the murica free from the ropes, but the wind doesn't blow when I'm looking.

#takebacktheflag
:megusta:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 pm Got the murica free from the ropes, but the wind doesn't blow when I'm looking.

#takebacktheflag
What are the other two flags?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

How are chicks like plungers ?

they keep bringing up old shit
troyguitar

max225 wrote:

#takebacktheflag
What are the other two flags?
19th amendment and the "official" pride flag.

I'm tired of the standard flag being assumed to be an indicator of :thankstrump: support.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:02 pm
How are chicks like plungers ?

they keep bringing up old shit
:amazing: :mahtroy: