Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 am
haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 am

I already have those, I’m looking to get a real kayak now. The inflatables are a lot of work to inflate and deflate. Nice to have around for taking a friend who doesn’t have a kayak, but when I go out with my friends on real kayaks I’m waaaaaay too slow in the inflatable.
What sort of water are you going to be on and do you want sit in or sit on?

We have 10 foot sit in Emotion Gusters that we got from Costco in a pair sale. They're outstanding for smaller lakes, ponds, and streams, but on big water, they really don't track as straight as I'd like. I'd prefer a 12-15 foot of some sort, but then they're a PITA to transport.

I also prefer the stability of the sit in kayak, but the wife wishes we got sit ons so she could get more sun :rolleyes:
I usually go on lakes and calm rivers, though sometimes we go out on the Columbia so it’s nice to have something stable. I prefer sit in because I keep my beer between my feet and want it to be shaded lol. Though my friend just got a towable cooler so maybe that won’t be as much of a factor.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

4zilch wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 am
haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 am

I already have those, I’m looking to get a real kayak now. The inflatables are a lot of work to inflate and deflate. Nice to have around for taking a friend who doesn’t have a kayak, but when I go out with my friends on real kayaks I’m waaaaaay too slow in the inflatable.
yeah, you definitely want a hard shell if you're looking for more speed. Inflatables are fine for padding around some backwaters, but less than ideal when you're trying to get somewhere.

Is storage a concern? What kind of waters are you typically exploring? Budget?
I have room in my garage to store it so not really a concern. Usually calm waters but we do go out on some rivers that have swifter spots. Budget is negotiable, I’d like to keep it around $500 though.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Irish wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:28 pm I believe Haley is itching to see hard Kayaks atop that beautiful blue wagon with the roof rack bars....
I really am. Should I get a blue kayak to match? Or a contrasting color?
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm
Irish wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:28 pm I believe Haley is itching to see hard Kayaks atop that beautiful blue wagon with the roof rack bars....
I really am. Should I get a blue kayak to match? Or a contrasting color?
I don't blame you. Kayaks tend to be pretty bright colors (prob for the reason Detroit gave earlier) ... I would think a dark blue would get too hot in the sun.....

These ones are purty :doe:

haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Hawaii is nice
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Jeep got rear ended while I was driving to the gym. Green light at an intersection, car in front of me was waiting for a pedestrian to cross the crosswalk before turning right.. could see in my rear view mirror that the car behind me wasn’t paying attention at all and just slammed into the back of me. Tail gate is fucked up a bit, spare wheel got scratched. Her car took the brunt of the damage:

SAWCE

She has some shitty General insurance, so hopefully I don’t have to fight to get it repaired properly.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 pm She has some shitty General insurance, so hopefully I don’t have to fight to get it repaired properly.
Oh fuck… good luck Sawce!!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 pm Jeep got rear ended while I was driving to the gym. Green light at an intersection, car in front of me was waiting for a pedestrian to cross the crosswalk before turning right.. could see in my rear view mirror that the car behind me wasn’t paying attention at all and just slammed into the back of me. Tail gate is fucked up a bit, spare wheel got scratched. Her car took the brunt of the damage:

You alright?
Sorry man that sucks.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 pm Jeep got rear ended while I was driving to the gym. Green light at an intersection, car in front of me was waiting for a pedestrian to cross the crosswalk before turning right.. could see in my rear view mirror that the car behind me wasn’t paying attention at all and just slammed into the back of me. Tail gate is fucked up a bit, spare wheel got scratched. Her car took the brunt of the damage:

:balls:

That sucks man
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 pm She has some shitty General insurance, so hopefully I don’t have to fight to get it repaired properly.
Oh fuck… good luck Sawce!!
:dat:

Use the :massles: to intimidate her... otherwise better caul Saul.
SAWCE

I feel generally fine. Minor headache, we’ll see if that turns into anything tomorrow.

Woman at The General that I spoke with was nice enough. Said I could take it to one of their partner shops to have repairs done and they’d be guaranteed for the rest of my ownership, or I could take it to any shop that I like. They only work with Caliber Collision out here, who I had a less than stellar experience with on my GTI, so I’m going to take it to the shop that worked on the Jeep a while back. I submitted all my pictures and the ones they requested to their online portal, they’ll do their initial estimate based on those, then in a few days let me know when they’ve sent that info to Service King (my shop) so I can drop the Jeep off for a full estimate.

Going to see if I can use this as an opportunity to swap out for a metal bumper in the rear, I’ll pay whatever difference between the OEM plastic replacement and whatever metal OEM Mopar bumper we can do.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 pm I feel generally fine. Minor headache, we’ll see if that turns into anything tomorrow.

Woman at The General that I spoke with was nice enough. Said I could take it to one of their partner shops to have repairs done and they’d be guaranteed for the rest of my ownership, or I could take it to any shop that I like. They only work with Caliber Collision out here, who I had a less than stellar experience with on my GTI, so I’m going to take it to the shop that worked on the Jeep a while back. I submitted all my pictures and the ones they requested to their online portal, they’ll do their initial estimate based on those, then in a few days let me know when they’ve sent that info to Service King (my shop) so I can drop the Jeep off for a full estimate.

Going to see if I can use this as an opportunity to swap out for a metal bumper in the rear, I’ll pay whatever difference between the OEM plastic replacement and whatever metal OEM Mopar bumper we can do.
Lemonade outta lemons my friend.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 pm I feel generally fine. Minor headache, we’ll see if that turns into anything tomorrow.

Sue for damages.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Caliber works hard to take it to the insurance companies, they did amazing work on my claim out here. Less impressed with their non insurance quotes.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Sue for damages.
Is the firm of DesertBreh taking new clients?

Apparently she was “adjusting her AC”..

Cliff notes: on her phone

It was a mild, breezy 70° today, ain't nobody adjusting their AC.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Your Jeep looks basically unscathed.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Motherfucker :rage:
Sorry mang :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Caliber works hard to take it to the insurance companies, they did amazing work on my claim out here. Less impressed with their non insurance quotes.
It was the actual work I was unimpressed with. Panel gaps, hood wasn’t aligned.. brought it back in and got a “looks fine to me :iono:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 pm Your Jeep looks basically unscathed.
It looks like it, but the swing gate is definitely fucked up. Handle pops around when trying to open it now, and from the side view you can see that it’s all wavy/dented.

But yeah, Jeep took the hit like a champ. Not expecting any damages that I can’t see already.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:15 pm

Lemonade outta lemons my friend.
:dat:
Solid idea.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Damn :-/ but it should be a relatively easy fix. That looks like she was going around 15mph or so... not great but just above the “no visible” damage ... threshold...

Probably around 5-6500 in damage to your ride.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Sue for damages.
Is the firm of DesertBreh taking new clients?

Apparently she was “adjusting her AC”..

Cliff notes: on her phone

It was a mild, breezy 70° today, ain't nobody adjusting their AC.
PM me. If you are actually hurt I can help you you navigate it.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Leaving Hawaii :sad:

I need to plan an actual vacation here, it’s just so lovely.