OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm
Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Fired for not understanding that Sawce is two hours behind "forum" time (CST) :trollface:
:bruh:

That’s why the :hue: was supposed to imply the sarcasm. :fail:
:sad:
:mybad:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Fired on day one :fuu:
Reported for failing to understand Military Time while working for the military.
Dammit Dirk, he was making a time zone joke.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 pm Took a giant rock to my windshield driving up to see my parents yesterday. Massive crack. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.
I was heading on I95 in the middle of no where between Death Valley and Vegas and there was a 5 mile portion where they decided to not pave the highway. It was horrendous I was going on the shoulder and the oncoming trucks were pelting everyone with countless rocks. It was awful and it made me wish I got a film on my entire front end.

:(
:notsure: I-95 runs from Florida to Maine through all of the noncoastal states. Hope the Taco is OK :sad:
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm

I was heading on I95 in the middle of no where between Death Valley and Vegas and there was a 5 mile portion where they decided to not pave the highway. It was horrendous I was going on the shoulder and the oncoming trucks were pelting everyone with countless rocks. It was awful and it made me wish I got a film on my entire front end.

:notsure: I-95 runs from Florida to Maine through all of the noncoastal states. Hope the Taco is OK :sad:
State 95 brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm

State 95 brah.
He said I95 :iono:

I also relish every opportunity to rehash the statement that every state but CA is noncoastal.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:30 pm

State 95 brah.

I also relish every opportunity to rehash the statement that every state but CA is noncoastal.
I must have missed that.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Any of you kayak? Have a solid kayak you’d recommend for a casual kayaker?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:30 pm

State 95 brah.

Okie freeway nazis. US-95
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

haleyann wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:43 pm Any of you kayak? Have a solid kayak you’d recommend for a casual kayaker?
IIRC Griff was all about the inflatable kayaks if you’re interested in those..
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:37 pm
haleyann wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:43 pm Any of you kayak? Have a solid kayak you’d recommend for a casual kayaker?
:dat:
I spent a couple days white water rafting once in an inflatable kayak that the place we rented them from called "funyaks". And they were indeed quite fun.

I imagine one good thing about them is that they'd be super easy to store when you're not using them by just deflating it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Tomorrow I'm going get more J.B. Weld so I can head out to the danger zone.
Desertbreh

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:20 pm Tomorrow I'm going get more J.B. Weld so I can head out to the danger zone.
Ha ha that's awesome.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I already have those, I’m looking to get a real kayak now. The inflatables are a lot of work to inflate and deflate. Nice to have around for taking a friend who doesn’t have a kayak, but when I go out with my friends on real kayaks I’m waaaaaay too slow in the inflatable.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

:hai: from hawaii

Spontaneous trip courtesy of my little sister
Apex
Drives: Abominable

haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:01 am :hai: from hawaii

:ohdang:

That’s awesome!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 am

I already have those, I’m looking to get a real kayak now. The inflatables are a lot of work to inflate and deflate. Nice to have around for taking a friend who doesn’t have a kayak, but when I go out with my friends on real kayaks I’m waaaaaay too slow in the inflatable.
What sort of water are you going to be on and do you want sit in or sit on?

We have 10 foot sit in Emotion Gusters that we got from Costco in a pair sale. They're outstanding for smaller lakes, ponds, and streams, but on big water, they really don't track as straight as I'd like. I'd prefer a 12-15 foot of some sort, but then they're a PITA to transport.

I also prefer the stability of the sit in kayak, but the wife wishes we got sit ons so she could get more sun :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

yeah, you definitely want a hard shell if you're looking for more speed. Inflatables are fine for padding around some backwaters, but less than ideal when you're trying to get somewhere.

Is storage a concern? What kind of waters are you typically exploring? Budget?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 pm Took a giant rock to my windshield driving up to see my parents yesterday. Massive crack. It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand.

We were cruising east on the I-40 in Arizona with the boat in tow. Doing 65ish, we come around a corner and see a yellow permanent sign warning "rough road ahead". :notsure: then suddenly it was like the road was gone in spots. It was so bad, that I was doing 45-55 for hours because it was so rough and I was worried about damaging the boat. I guess the sign was cheaper than fixing the road, just interesting that there appears to be no attempt to repair.

Our highway system is crumbling everywhere, it's really sad.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 am

We have 10 foot sit in Emotion Gusters that we got from Costco in a pair sale. They're outstanding for smaller lakes, ponds, and streams, but on big water, they really don't track as straight as I'd like. I'd prefer a 12-15 foot of some sort, but then they're a PITA to transport.

I also prefer the stability of the sit in kayak, but the wife wishes we got sit ons so she could get more sun :rolleyes:
This is where I was going with my questioning. 12' are kind of a happy medium between a 10 or a 15 footer.

Another in/on consideration is the weather. Sit in kayaks get uncomfortable on a hot summer day.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 am

This is where I was going with my questioning. 12' are kind of a happy medium between a 10 or a 15 footer.

Another in/on consideration is the weather. Sit in kayaks get uncomfortable on a hot summer day.
Oh, true. Our kayaks are bright green color and seem to reflect the sun pretty well. I've never really had issue with them getting too hot in the sun, but I could see that being very possible, especially if kayaking more for exercise than just paddling around.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

haleyann wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:01 am :hai: from hawaii

:fuckyeah:
In4pics
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 am

We were cruising east on the I-40 in Arizona with the boat in tow. Doing 65ish, we come around a corner and see a yellow permanent sign warning "rough road ahead". :notsure: then suddenly it was like the road was gone in spots. It was so bad, that I was doing 45-55 for hours because it was so rough and I was worried about damaging the boat. I guess the sign was cheaper than fixing the road, just interesting that there appears to be no attempt to repair.

Like if I was in my m3 or a Porsche the vehicle would literally be ruined. There are plenty of reasons why were reverting back to oxcarts. As the roads resemble what the settlers saw in the 1700s
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:17 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 am

Like if I was in my m3 or a Porsche the vehicle would literally be ruined. There are plenty of reasons why were reverting back to oxcarts. As the roads resemble what the settlers saw in the 1700s
It's why I don't have much interest in "fun" cars anymore because there's nowhere to drive them. It's worse in northern states, but I've never seen it as bad as the I-40 where they clearly just gave up and accept the road as a crumbling pile.

And yea, I think it's a big reason why crossovers and trucks are getting so popular.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: The inflatables are excellent for what they are, and if you're just casually kayaking from time to time, they're perfect (especially for those of us with smaller houses/cars). That said, if you're frequently kayaking or live on/by the water, a hard shell is nice. I would 100% get a sit in kayak over a sit on personally.

I don't know much about different brands.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I believe Haley is itching to see hard Kayaks atop that beautiful blue wagon with the roof rack bars....