DFD Update

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
Somehow making things easy to check/digest with just moments of free time would be nice. Not really sure how to do that yet, but will noodle.
Back in the pre-forum days of yesteryear I was involved with a group of like minded music lovers on an e-mail listserver. It ended up going the way of Yahoo Groups which was a similar experience but likely had different things going on under the hood. I digress. My point is that these "forums" had what was called a Digest that you could sign up for which would automatically send a synopsis email of posts during a specified time period. (Daily of weekly). This was a good way of seeing if their was anything of interest and then jumping back in so to speak without having to receive all the individual emails. I do realize that a true FORUM is a different animal from an email listserver, but does anyone know if similar functionality is possible?
Dude, great to see you and thanks for chiming in. A digest is an interesting idea for engagement...will need to investigate what might be possible. Like it!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:24 pm

I'll keep thinking on it, but part of it is that I just don't have the time during the day, even working from home, to hop on here, as I don't find it very mobile friendly (could be just me). And then, once I'm off and the kiddo goes to bed, I tend to have other things that occupy my times, so I find myself just browsing to get caught up and then its off to my tasks or bed.
Yep, it's tough to fit into a busy life when it can be so time consuming to follow along. Will noodle on how to fix it.
Some of the reasons I was less active is because of a person who's no longer around, being 100% honest.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Yep, it's tough to fit into a busy life when it can be so time consuming to follow along. Will noodle on how to fix it.
Some of the reasons I was less active is because of a person who's no longer around, being 100% honest.
:crang: ?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
Somehow making things easy to check/digest with just moments of free time would be nice. Not really sure how to do that yet, but will noodle.
Back in the pre-forum days of yesteryear I was involved with a group of like minded music lovers on an e-mail listserver. It ended up going the way of Yahoo Groups which was a similar experience but likely had different things going on under the hood. I digress. My point is that these "forums" had what was called a Digest that you could sign up for which would automatically send a synopsis email of posts during a specified time period. (Daily of weekly). This was a good way of seeing if their was anything of interest and then jumping back in so to speak without having to receive all the individual emails. I do realize that a true FORUM is a different animal from an email listserver, but does anyone know if similar functionality is possible?
Tapatalk has some functionality with thread subscriptions to just certain topics and the like, that is all I can really think of. Or the notifications on here and just checking in on threads the individual is subscribed to.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:05 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Nope. And I’d rather not say who
wap

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm

'K
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:ohdang: things have changed since I've haven't been around
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

I don't care who, but I am sad that it drove you away and I get it. We're hoping to keep rage quits to a minimum going forward. Everyone is valuable, even if sometimes it results in :rage: among some.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:19 am

I don't care who, but I am sad that it drove you away and I get it. We're hoping to keep rage quits to a minimum going forward. Everyone is valuable, even if sometimes it results in :rage: among some.
:dat:

We won't always agree on everything and we will always occasionally piss each other off, but we're doing the best we can.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 am

We won't always agree on everything and we will always occasionally piss each other off, but we're doing the best we can.
I really think it's important that we remain open to people with all different POVs whether we agree with them or not. You can't be a balanced individual if you don't at least weigh differing POVs. We've lost some great contributors due to :bs: from all sides.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 am

I really think it's important that we remain open to people with all different POVs whether we agree with them or not. You can't be a balanced individual if you don't at least weigh differing POVs. We've lost some great contributors due to :bs: from all sides.
:notwrong:

I have learned a lot from many people on here. We all come from different areas, backgrounds, careers, so it's nice to gain new perspectives outside of our normal friends/family circles.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:08 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 am
:notwrong:

I have learned a lot from many people on here. We all come from different areas, backgrounds, careers, so it's nice to gain new perspectives outside of our normal friends/family circles.
Exactly. We need to understand and to an extent celebrate diversity. The entire country does, but we can at least start here.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I’ve always lurked more than been super active, and I wouldn’t say I’ve rage quit here. However, some stuff that’s happened have made me lose interest in coming around at times; though I do always seem to come back.

I fully understand that we’re all different with different opinions, it’s what makes it fun and a learning experience, truly. I’ll be around as much as I can, but I still don’t know how active/productive I will be; just kind of in my nature.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:56 am
I’ve always lurked more than been super active, and I wouldn’t say I’ve rage quit here. However, some stuff that’s happened have made me lose interest in coming around at times; though I do always seem to come back.

I fully understand that we’re all different with different opinions, it’s what makes it fun and a learning experience, truly. I’ll be around as much as I can, but I still don’t know how active/productive I will be; just kind of in my nature.
Understood, this place is whatever anyone wants it to be. Just glad to see you around man!
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:58 am
Devilchrono wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:56 am

Understood, this place is whatever anyone wants it to be. Just glad to see you around man!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:00 pm I'm not around enough to give too much feedback, but I'm surprised we lost Johnny, Wax and Fax though.... I didn't know that we had.
Johnny only left because life. New kid, new job, he pops in from time to time as he can. I hope he can find more time to stop by, but it's understandable that he's busy.

Wax's departure somewhat spurred on the change in forum management.

wap

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm
Johnny only left because life. New kid, new job, he pops in from time to time as he can. I hope he can find more time to stop by, but it's understandable that he's busy.

:wub: hope all is well dude!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I follow you on IG, good stuff man. Glad to see you livin' life.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm

I follow you on IG, good stuff man. Glad to see you livin' life.
I try and throw stuff up there when I can. Even that has scaled way back.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:hai:
wap

Apex wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:05 pm:hai:
:howdy:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:hai:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 pm
Good to see you back again, amigo.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 pm
Good to see you back again, amigo.
Good to be back. Once DFD, always DFD.