Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 pmHai
:howdy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

So here's the cliff's.

I've been pretty busy, not so much with work, but with life.
Since I'm WFH and on reduced hours, I've been keeping busy around the house.

Also, Jessi and I split up before Thanksgiving. Don't apologize, it was 100% my idea, and I'm glad it's done and over with.
We should have ended it four years ago.

So, been ordering a lot of new furniture, and cooking more, working out a lot more, and enjoying the fucking life.
Not sure if I mentioned it, I broke a bone in my foot, was in a boot, but am out now and slowly healing up.

My company switched from a Vacation/Sick system to a PTO system, and I get a shit load more PTO.
Planning some trips to take once I get my vaccine, want to go see the Ozarks, I hear there are some good roads.

This is your Monthly :melon: News
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:36 pm So here's the cliff's.

Also, Jessi and I split up before Thanksgiving. Don't apologize, it was 100% my idea, and I'm glad it's done and over with.

So, been ordering a lot of new furniture, and cooking more, working out a lot more, and enjoying the fucking life.
Not sure if I mentioned it, I broke a bone in my foot, was in a boot, but am out now and slowly healing up.

My company switched from a Vacation/Sick system to a PTO system, and I get a shit load more PTO.
Planning some trips to take once I get my vaccine, want to go see the Ozarks, I hear there are some good roads.

:ohdang:
Glad it was your call and that you're in a good place. A happy :melon: is the best :melon:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:24 pm More members are needed, and I also agree it’s time for DFD to get a little more woke.

Amend the emojis as y’all see fit.
Can "we'all" do that?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:59 pm

I talk to him, we will see him back here. Perhaps not a daily visitor, but I think it's just like two steps too good for us, not 10.
That's a fair assessment. He's had a few comments where he says he's only here to pass the time while taking a dump or otherwise bored out of his mind. I mean, even if that's true, it's something you can just keep to yourself.
I enjoyed his nuanced takes on blended whiskeys...

:hue:
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 pm

That's a fair assessment. He's had a few comments where he says he's only here to pass the time while taking a dump or otherwise bored out of his mind. I mean, even if that's true, it's something you can just keep to yourself.

:ohdang:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:13 am
wap wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 pm
Can "we'all" do that?
Since everyone wanted this place run by the people, someone should put together a thread on which emojis need amendment. And from there, let it evolve.

Only admins can make the changes, but anyone can make suggestions or drive discussion.
:dat:

If we need to clean up the emojis, let's vote on it and which ones.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Good for you man. Sometimes the hardest things lead to the most happiness. Adventuring will be 5/7, excited to see where you go.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 pm

:mahman: This is post of the month.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Can "we'all" do that?
Since everyone wanted this place run by the people, someone should put together a thread on which emojis need amendment. And from there, let it evolve.

Only admins can make the changes, but anyone can make suggestions or drive discussion.
Maybe next month. I've had enough of the mob for January.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:like:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:07 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:54 pm I still check the forums often, but I seriously can't keep up with the conversations. So unless I see a post in a thread that I'm commenting in I don't really chime in much.
Wish you would, but I understand conversations moving too fast. How do we fix it?
Kinda hard to fix. Not really needing a fix per say. It's really just the nature of this forum to move fast and have multiple conversations in one place. I just don't have the time during my day to backtrack and catch up on all the conversation that's happening nearly in real time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:07 pm
Wish you would, but I understand conversations moving too fast. How do we fix it?
Kinda hard to fix. Not really needing a fix per say. It's really just the nature of this forum to move fast and have multiple conversations in one place. I just don't have the time during my day to backtrack and catch up on all the conversation that's happening nearly in real time.
Totally get it, I've experienced the same and usually we just ignore the past and plow forward with new topics. That's not really good for new people.

It's the fast moving nature of the place that concerns me for hampering participation in general, but particularly with new members. If you don't know many here or not familiar with how things run, it's like walking into a room full of people that all know each other except for you.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:59 am

Totally get it, I've experienced the same and usually we just ignore the past and plow forward with new topics. That's not really good for new people.

It's the fast moving nature of the place that concerns me for hampering participation in general, but particularly with new members. If you don't know many here or not familiar with how things run, it's like walking into a room full of people that all know each other except for you.
When I was salary and had tons of work it was easy to follow. But since we got bumped down to hourly and the work is kinda scarce I'm constantly moving to be efficient and billable, I don't have the time to really meander and catch up. Before I could check shit while stuff was printing or running in the background while I waited on it. Now I just check in to see any specific threads, more of a wash/rinse/repeat thing like reading news, reddit, DFD in the gaps of work
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:11 am

When I was salary and had tons of work it was easy to follow. But since we got bumped down to hourly and the work is kinda scarce I'm constantly moving to be efficient and billable, I don't have the time to really meander and catch up. Before I could check shit while stuff was printing or running in the background while I waited on it. Now I just check in to see any specific threads, more of a wash/rinse/repeat thing like reading news, reddit, DFD in the gaps of work
Somehow making things easy to check/digest with just moments of free time would be nice. Not really sure how to do that yet, but will noodle.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Damn.... that’s all sorry to hear honestly. I miss Waxer, his insight was nice in stuff, even if I didn’t agree with some of us view points. Seems like all forums go through things like this though, and hopefully most of those that left do find their way back, only time will tell. And like Acid said, conversations move too fast here for me to keep up with, so I just lurk and keep to myself more often than not.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:28 am Damn.... that’s all sorry to hear honestly. I miss Waxer, his insight was nice in stuff, even if I didn’t agree with some of us view points. Seems like all forums go through things like this though, and hopefully most of those that left do find their way back, only time will tell. And like Acid said, conversations move too fast here for me to keep up with, so I just lurk and keep to myself more often than not.
Would love for you to participate more...if there's anything we can implement to make it easier, think about it and let us know!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:24 pm More members are needed, and I also agree it’s time for DFD to get a little more woke.

Amend the emojis as y’all see fit.
Can "we'all" do that?
I can... hence asking for feedback rather than just dumping them. My initial thought was ditching the :gay: stuff, but I like Mario's idea better. In the meantime hopefully I learn how to :doit: so I can add more in the future as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:28 am Damn.... that’s all sorry to hear honestly. I miss Waxer, his insight was nice in stuff, even if I didn’t agree with some of us view points. Seems like all forums go through things like this though, and hopefully most of those that left do find their way back, only time will tell. And like Acid said, conversations move too fast here for me to keep up with, so I just lurk and keep to myself more often than not.
I definitely hear that. I like yours and Acid's contributions, they are appreciated in areas like the career chat, his car builds, etc.

I get that not everyone can shoot the shit in OT during work like I and some others can currently. It is still nice to hear from everyone whether it be car updates, bike rides, video games, house updates, you name it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I have tried to invite people... I think the best thing is to focus on specific area... maybe OT is a bit much when you don't know everyone. But do you have a car build? Let's see it. Maybe as you get involved in the car sections, you get to know everyone and venture into OT. Same with bicycles, house shit, etc. I for one really miss the bike chat that has died down a lot since JP and Troy left, so it would be :neat: to get more participation, even if it's new people only there.

I find I enjoy chat ( :poorvette: , bike, house) a lot more here than I generally do a more specific sites for such topics, as they often drive more pompous conversations IMO.
wap

Can "we'all" do that?

We have a 'moji :bread: :doe: . Can't we just use that?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Would love for you to participate more...if there's anything we can implement to make it easier, think about it and let us know!
I'll keep thinking on it, but part of it is that I just don't have the time during the day, even working from home, to hop on here, as I don't find it very mobile friendly (could be just me). And then, once I'm off and the kiddo goes to bed, I tend to have other things that occupy my times, so I find myself just browsing to get caught up and then its off to my tasks or bed.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:11 am

Somehow making things easy to check/digest with just moments of free time would be nice. Not really sure how to do that yet, but will noodle.
Back in the pre-forum days of yesteryear I was involved with a group of like minded music lovers on an e-mail listserver. It ended up going the way of Yahoo Groups which was a similar experience but likely had different things going on under the hood. I digress. My point is that these "forums" had what was called a Digest that you could sign up for which would automatically send a synopsis email of posts during a specified time period. (Daily of weekly). This was a good way of seeing if their was anything of interest and then jumping back in so to speak without having to receive all the individual emails. I do realize that a true FORUM is a different animal from an email listserver, but does anyone know if similar functionality is possible?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 pm

We have a 'moji :bread: :doe: . Can't we just use that?
We sure could!
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 pm
I'll keep thinking on it, but part of it is that I just don't have the time during the day, even working from home, to hop on here, as I don't find it very mobile friendly (could be just me). And then, once I'm off and the kiddo goes to bed, I tend to have other things that occupy my times, so I find myself just browsing to get caught up and then its off to my tasks or bed.
Yep, it's tough to fit into a busy life when it can be so time consuming to follow along. Will noodle on how to fix it.