Other - please comment below
3%

Total votes: 63
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Good Morning All!

As we work on moving forward with the DFD co-op, I have been learning that there are some basic admin tasks required to keep the site up and running. There are new accounts to approve, spam accounts and things to delete, etc (I'm still learning).

Given the fact that we all work and are busy, I know no one is on every day and it would be helpful to have a few site admins to make sure things run smoothly.

This poll will allow you to vote for admins - simply vote for each person you personally approve of. I'm thinking with 12 approvals, a person will be given the go ahead.

If anyone would like to make it more/less than 12 or has another suggestion, let me know.

Here are the candidates:
Griff - I have things on my card and am trying to learn more about keeping the place going
Melon - he is happy to stay on board and has experience with spam deletion and the like
Troy - he has more programming/computer knowledge and will be able to assist with troubleshooting should it be needed
Detroit - Chris volunteered his time to help out
Rudy - Same as above
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Griff, I think you’re a given since you are taking this place over. However, you are super chill and I really saw that when we met in person when I had my white mk6 in Florida.

Melon, I don’t want you to go anywhere and your spam-fighting skill set is very welcome.

I think regardless of what happens to Chris and myself, this would be a great opportunity for Troy to gain some tangible experience and put his skill set to use. It would also be a good resume builder type of experience that can be discussed in future interviews he may have.

Chris is one of the most easy-going guys here and he offers great insight and often a useful perspective that will make most of us (even when we are at our most fringe) agree with one another.

I put myself up as a volunteer because I’ve been a moderator on a few other forums however they’ve been more gaming related. If I were to be approved I would be the :rudy: giving out participation awards

As far as any comments, I would prefer that whoever is on the panel for admin/mod/etc: when it comes time to clean up issues, coach/warn members, or ban them I think internally it should be discussed and they should have a majority agreement on the result. No knee-jerk time-out to Сибирь or ban, but rather a discussion and decision.

Since we would be a co-op, any major decision could also be made into a topic/thread where others can offer their advice and feedback on what just happened. I’d rather we discuss as a whole among the forum and see what our tolerance levels are for certain things and then allow the member in question a chance to address the situation.

My $0.02 and I won’t be mad either way
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Voted all
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:11 am Voted for all the above. This place does take a team and that's a strong team. Lots of varying points of view and skillsets.
Same.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am Griff, I think you’re a given since you are taking this place over. However, you are super chill and I really saw that when we met in person when I had my white mk6 in Florida.

Melon, I don’t want you to go anywhere and your spam-fighting skill set is very welcome.

I think regardless of what happens to Chris and myself, this would be a great opportunity for Troy to gain some tangible experience and put his skill set to use. It would also be a good resume builder type of experience that can be discussed in future interviews he may have.

Chris is one of the most easy-going guys here and he offers great insight and often a useful perspective that will make most of us (even when we are at our most fringe) agree with one another.

I put myself up as a volunteer because I’ve been a moderator on a few other forums however they’ve been more gaming related. If I were to be approved I would be the :rudy: giving out participation awards

As far as any comments, I would prefer that whoever is on the panel for admin/mod/etc: when it comes time to clean up issues, coach/warn members, or ban them I think internally it should be discussed and they should have a majority agreement on the result. No knee-jerk time-out to Сибирь or ban, but rather a discussion and decision.

Since we would be a co-op, any major decision could also be made into a topic/thread where others can offer their advice and feedback on what just happened. I’d rather we discuss as a whole among the forum and see what our tolerance levels are for certain things and then allow the member in question a chance to address the situation.

I agree with all of this hence my nominations. I think that your experience as an admin on other forums is quite valuable as I've never done this and despite the fact that I am a peddler of technology by trade, I am not a huge computer whiz, nor do I really want to be :lolol:

As for your later comments in this post, I agree that any banning or anything definitely shouldn't be decided by an individual. I also think that if we can stay away from personal insults towards each other, we are good.

I have learned a lot from this crew from golfmk6 through today. Guys like Melon, Troy, Mr. Airboat, Chris, and more have really helped me out along my C5 journey. I've learned a lot about personal finance stuff here, career coaching, perspective from different guys in different areas, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I really want to see this place stick around. We're a special unique group of people that all think in remarkably similar and different ways and I'd be really sad to lose that from the interwebz.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:41 pm I really want to see this place stick around. We're a special unique group of people that all think in remarkably similar and different ways and I'd be really sad to lose that from the interwebz.
:dat: it's like we're internet friends and I only actually met just around 7-8 people, it would really suck to see this place go.

On the side note, Also we should do a get together during a time that's good for all of us to meet, once this wuhan shitshow is over of course.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:11 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am Griff, I think you’re a given since you are taking this place over. However, you are super chill and I really saw that when we met in person when I had my white mk6 in Florida.

I agree with all of this hence my nominations. I think that your experience as an admin on other forums is quite valuable as I've never done this and despite the fact that I am a peddler of technology by trade, I am not a huge computer whiz, nor do I really want to be :lolol:

As for your later comments in this post, I agree that any banning or anything definitely shouldn't be decided by an individual. I also think that if we can stay away from personal insults towards each other, we are good.

I have learned a lot from this crew from golfmk6 through today. Guys like Melon, Troy, Mr. Airboat, Chris, and more have really helped me out along my C5 journey. I've learned a lot about personal finance stuff here, career coaching, perspective from different guys in different areas, etc.
I feel like we all should get a private message for temporary or perma-ban by vote to a specific time set like 24 hours or 12 hours ( :notsure: if you guys mention it because i didn't read this thread word for word). Not everyone can commonly agree what is right or wrong, atleast to an extent. I also mentioned specific time because we do have some members who hasn't been on here for months, or even a few days, so it's not worth to wait for ages till we can whether finally conclude or just slowly get over it by the time we tally up the votes. Maybe it can go to the primary email that helped us become a member of this group (which works for me in my case). Also with :mahtroy: this could potentially become an opportunity for him. Everyone else that are listed are ideal candidates in my book, which is why i voted for all.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm FWIW - I don't think anyone has ever been banned except spam and Caspian lol
:dat: I don't really see it happening with any of the normal DFDers. In my opinion, I could only see it happening if someone started throwing out a bunch of racial slurs or something.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:34 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:11 pm

I feel like we all should get a private message for temporary or perma-ban by vote to a specific time set like 24 hours or 12 hours ( :notsure: if you guys mention it because i didn't read this thread word for word). Not everyone can commonly agree what is right or wrong, atleast to an extent. I also mentioned specific time because we do have some members who hasn't been on here for months, or even a few days, so it's not worth to wait for ages till we can whether finally conclude or just slowly get over it by the time we tally up the votes. Maybe it can go to the primary email that helped us become a member of this group (which works for me in my case). Also with :mahtroy: this could potentially become an opportunity for him. Everyone else that are listed are ideal candidates in my book, which is why i voted for all.
I'm not sure people would want to weigh in like that as often scuffles are only between certain members, but it's an option to consider.

I really think any banning should be a last resort, especially with established members. Sure things get heated and bad things are said, but a quick PM check-in might be sufficient there. If it's not, more drastic action could be considered and maybe there's an element that involves the larger group.

But to me, this is the rule:

We need to work together to make general negativity a less prevalent element in this place, but acknowledge that discussions can get heated and that by itself should not be a condemnation of someone's character.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:54 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm FWIW - I don't think anyone has ever been banned except spam and Caspian lol
:dat: I don't really see it happening with any of the normal DFDers. In my opinion, I could only see it happening if someone started throwing out a bunch of racial slurs or something.
:dat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:41 pm I really want to see this place stick around. We're a special unique group of people that all think in remarkably similar and different ways and I'd be really sad to lose that from the interwebz.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

I think a lot of the negativity here is a byproduct of the fact that many of us treat DFD as a place where we can vent and be more open in discussion.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:12 pm I think a lot of the negativity here is a byproduct of the fact that many of us treat DFD as a place where we can vent and be more open in discussion.
For sure. And I think it's good we preserve that but at the same time, need to keep it from dragging us all down.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:44 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:12 pm I think a lot of the negativity here is a byproduct of the fact that many of us treat DFD as a place where we can vent and be more open in discussion.
For sure. And I think it's good we preserve that but at the same time, need to keep it from dragging us all down.
of course.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I'm down for more admins/moderators. 99.9999% of the time you don't do anything other than delete spammers.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm I'm down for more admins/moderators. 99.9999% of the time you don't do anything other than delete spammers.
Stop in the name of spam. I put my name more as a moderator than a full blown admin. I’m okay with either or none. :ohwell:

I just know that it can’t be one person due to life/schedule etc. we all have our periods when we deal with life and stresses and can’t dedicate time to the DFD.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:44 pm need to keep it from dragging us all down.
I might suggest making some more defined rules other than "don't be a dick"
It seems that's too vague and implementing punishment appears too varied, random even, causing discontent.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:44 pm need to keep it from dragging us all down.
It seems that's too vague and implementing punishment appears too varied, random even, causing discontent.
I'm :wrong: but I haven't really seen anything worth deleting posts or punishing people IMO. The mere process of creating detailed rules would likely cause just as much discontent as is already present.

People (yes usually it's me) go :fullretard: occasionally, then they calm down or time themselves out a la :waxer: and balance is maintained largely on its own.
ChrisoftheNorth

It's the punishment more than the rules, but you can't have effective punishment without clear rules IMO. And they need to be unilateral that apply to everyone.

However,

We know each other at this point. We mostly know who's going to say what and when. I think the focus could shift more to just keeping things mostly civil, but more importantly sustainable.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm

I'm :wrong: but I haven't really seen anything worth deleting posts or punishing people IMO. The mere process of creating detailed rules would likely cause just as much discontent as is already present.

People (yes usually it's me) go :fullretard: occasionally, then they calm down or time themselves out a la :waxer: and balance is maintained largely on its own.

THAT SAID

If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

If we actually got new active members, it would probably be more useful.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:14 pm

It's the punishment more than the rules, but you can't have effective punishment without clear rules IMO. And they need to be unilateral that apply to everyone.

However,

We know each other at this point. We mostly know who's going to say what and when. I think the focus could shift more to just keeping things mostly civil, but more importantly sustainable.
Fuck. You.

:trollface:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:14 pm

However,

Fuck. You.

:trollface:
:mahtroy:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Question here. Why are we spending all this time on discussing punishments, the whole point was that there are literally 12 members left on the forum here. Excessive policing was the source of departure for several, or at least that was the working theory. We can try to not police as much and see what happens, adding multiple admins etc seems rather odd to me, especially if we have 6 people policing another remaining 8 active members.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm

THAT SAID

If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

If we actually got new active members, it would probably be more useful.
Oooo I like the idea of a Crime & Punishment thread:

:crang: has been suspended today for failing most egregiously, dudes.