21%
Rudy
14%
Other - please comment below
3%

Total votes: 63
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 pm Question here. Why are we spending all this time on discussing punishments, the whole point was that there are literally 12 members left on the forum here. Excessive policing was the source of departure for several, or at least that was the working theory. We can try to not police as much and see what happens, adding multiple admins etc seems rather odd to me, especially if we have 6 people policing another remaining 8 active members.
That's the point. What level of policing is necessary? Minimal IMO, but it needs to be documented if it's going to be enforced.

Mods aren't to keep people in line as much as to keep the place running. There's a lot of spam and gargbage that needs to be kept off the site and someone has to do it. Easier to spread it out among a number of people than just a few.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm
:dat:

THAT SAID

If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

If we actually got new active members, it would probably be more useful.
Oooo I like the idea of a Crime & Punishment thread:

:crang: has been suspended today for failing most egregiously, dudes.
:amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

THAT SAID

If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

:crang: basically banned himself by being severely roasted by people who know better and basically fucked over the guy who made dfd to begin with. Not to mention, :crang: is a prime example of a customer which zilhuge :nope: out of :dillerman: ship, still I'm sure there are worse customers who are even more of a :derp: than him and more prone to instigate frustration.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

Well, that's y'all's issue now.
I'm here for spam deleting, and other forum running tasks, not to moderate.

But, no matter what you do, people will hate you for it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm Oooo I like the idea of a Crime & Punishment thread:
DFD Court.

:impressive:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

THAT SAID

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm Oooo I like the idea of a Crime & Punishment thread:
DFD Court.

Nah not even a court, just a record.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm If punishment is to be dolled out in any form, I really think it should be documented. So the question to me is... to punish or not?

I'm not looking to moderate either, just keep this place running. I don't actually believe that we need any real moderation at this stage. It just creates issues where there probably weren't any to begin with.

Obviously that's :wrong: but it's what I believe. Vote with your clicks in the pole.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:04 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm not looking to moderate either, just keep this place running. I don't actually believe that we need any real moderation at this stage. It just creates issues where there probably weren't any to begin with.

Obviously that's :wrong: but it's what I believe. Vote with your clicks in the pole.
Thing is you'll need to step in from time to time.

And, as much as people harp on free speech, that would all come to an end if someone started posting actual Nazi propoganda, or legitimate threats to other members.
Some moderation is always required.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The reason I'm making the point, is I always tried to moderate as little as possible, and yet here we are.
Getting a few things in writing helps out.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 pm The reason I'm making the point, is I always tried to moderate as little as possible, and yet here we are.
This is what I'm getting at.

Actual threats or general hateful content (Nazi propaganda, etc) just isn't what this place is for, and absolutely intervention would be warranted there. That can go back to Facebook where it belongs.

FWIW, I think the :melon: moderation style is solid.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 pm
DFD Court.

FILL THE SEAT!

Oh wait...
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 pm The reason I'm making the point, is I always tried to moderate as little as possible, and yet here we are.
This is what I'm getting at.

Actual threats or general hateful content (Nazi propaganda, etc) just isn't what this place is for, and absolutely intervention would be warranted there. That can go back to Facebook where it belongs.

FWIW, I think the :melon: moderation style is solid.
Thanks. I haven't always been perfect either.
Just want to share my experience to make it more of what y'all want it to be.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:00 pm

I might suggest making some more defined rules other than "don't be a dick"
It seems that's too vague and implementing punishment appears too varied, random even, causing discontent.
I'm :wrong: but I haven't really seen anything worth deleting posts or punishing people IMO. The mere process of creating detailed rules would likely cause just as much discontent as is already present.

People (yes usually it's me) go :fullretard: occasionally, then they calm down or time themselves out a la :waxer: and balance is maintained largely on its own.
I agree with this 100%. This is also why I think you are a good fit to be an admin (plus the technical skills).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 pm Question here. Why are we spending all this time on discussing punishments, the whole point was that there are literally 12 members left on the forum here. Excessive policing was the source of departure for several, or at least that was the working theory. We can try to not police as much and see what happens, adding multiple admins etc seems rather odd to me, especially if we have 6 people policing another remaining 8 active members.
I think I made it pretty clear in the initial post that these people are NOT here to police, rather to help out with deleting spam accounts (I didn't realize this was a thing) ad addressing any technical issues that may arise.

It can be noted that I have done zero policing and I hope to see people like :waxer: come back and I certainly would not police, because even though I admittedly vehemently disagree with him re:climate change, he did absolutely nothing wrong in expressing his opinions on the matter, he has a right to those opinions, and the world is really boring when everyone thinks exactly the same about everything.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

If anyone wants to draft some rules for the forum, be my guest. I am not doing that. I don't have time nor do I think it necessary.

Here's my opinion: no racial slurs, no personal threats. The end.

IMO, the issue started when [user not found] began deleting posts whenever they didn't align with his politics. That is why I first stepped in and suggested that the forum shouldn't be run that way. Max was also very vocal about this, and I agree with him on all of that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, no one has spoken up with any issues on the admin creation process, so I am going to bump up Chris and Troy today, I will await a couple more votes for Rudy.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:19 pm Also, no one has spoken up with any issues on the admin creation process, so I am going to bump up Chris and Troy today, I will await a couple more votes for Rudy.
It’s okay if I don’t get it :ohwell:

I feel like I didn’t get some votes that everyone else did based on I guess my age/experience/people presuming we will be policing rather than helping just keep the place organized and running.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:19 pm Also, no one has spoken up with any issues on the admin creation process, so I am going to bump up Chris and Troy today, I will await a couple more votes for Rudy.

I feel like I didn’t get some votes that everyone else did based on I guess my age/experience/people presuming we will be policing rather than helping just keep the place organized and running.
TBH, I think it's that, going back to the old :narc: days. Truth be told I feel like you have become a lot more chill since being a dad, so I was on board with it.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:14 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:41 pm

TBH, I think it's that, going back to the old :narc: days. Truth be told I feel like you have become a lot more chill since being a dad, so I was on board with it.
Yeah I haven’t been that intense in a minute.
wap

I voted for Trudy. :wub:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No time to be a raging douchebag with that screamin' cf.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm No time to be a raging douchebag with that screamin' cf.
She is actually a super good baby. :iono: no screaming, fussing etc. she only is cranky if she’s hungry or tired, so like any other adult human
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm No time to be a raging douchebag with that screamin' cf.
She is actually a super good baby. :iono: no screaming, fussing etc. she only is cranky if she’s hungry or tired, so like any other adult human
:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm
I pulled a good draw as well. Unlike our man in Philly.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.