DFD Co-op - Moving Forward

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Update 12-14-2022

All, I have been paying for DFD for over three years now, since late 2019. I collected payment from nine of you totaling $170 back then. The cost is $14/month, so I'm a bit behind on the 'crowd funding', which is totally on me, I just haven't kept up with this!

I know times are tough, but if anyone has it in the goodness of their hearts to contribute, it would be a big help!

I can accept Venmo to @Dan-Griffin-12 (look for the photo of a douche in a C5), PayPal at dlloydgriffin@gmail.com, or checks/cash mailed to 711 Rome Ct, Charlotte, NC 28209.

Thanks for your consideration and cheers to more years at this weird but fun place!

Hey Everyone,

It looks like I will be moderating the forum moving forward, as the current group would like to take a step back.

A request I made to them was that I really only had interest in taking over if it meant they weren't leaving. I think they all offer a lot to this community. [user not found] is master cyclist and has taught myself and many others a ton about bikes, riding, fitness, etc. He's led us in all things detailing and provides great porch and trigger rock content. [user not found] is the King of the Alpo, has helped out tons of members with resumes and career advice, and even n00dz. Melon, Airboat Michaelangelo, singlehandedly built what is, in my humble opinion, the coolest car on DFD. He also bought my car, creating what I believe to be the only inter-forum vehicle transaction ever. He even made it better once received, and we ate taco bell together with my dog.

The team has made it clear that they don't intend to step down from participation in the forum. Obviously we all get busy and aren't always active, but I don't believe anyone intends to call it quits.

Moving forward, I will go ahead and pay the fees. I have never run a forum before, so I don't know exactly what this entails, but it seems minimal. I would ask that anyone who would like to contribute sends me a simple PM stating you'd like to participate (feel free to mention in here as well). Once I get a handle on what the actual cost is, anyone interested could pay their share, which I imagine would be sub $10/year. If you would prefer not to pay, that is also OK with me. I won't hold you in any lesser esteem, nor should anyone else. In fact I am OK with paying all of it or as little of it as is made possible by other contributors.

As mentioned in the other thread, I think DFD should offer freedom of speech and ideas. The only exception to this, in my opinion, would be extreme personal attacks. We're here because we're friends, right? Let's act like that.

Finally, I have no real desire to be a "leader" here, I am stepping in as someone has to handle the admin side of it, and this group means enough to me that I'm willing to do that. If it seems to be too big a burden, I may try to bring on other mods.If people feel it imperative we have multiple mods, I am cool with that too. Don't say things that are hateful and I won't delete any shit. As far as I'm concerned, we are all equals here and all entitled to our own opinions and muses. That is all.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:like:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:55 pm Hey Everyone,

It looks like I will be moderating the forum moving forward, as the current group would like to take a step back.

A request I made to them was that I really only had interest in taking over if it meant they weren't leaving. I think they all offer a lot to this community. [user not found] is master cyclist and has taught myself and many others a ton about bikes, riding, fitness, etc. He's led us in all things detailing and provides great porch and trigger rock content. [user not found] is the King of the Alpo, has helped out tons of members with resumes and career advice, and even n00dz. Melon, Airboat Michaelangelo, singlehandedly built what is, in my humble opinion, the coolest car on DFD. He also bought my car, creating what I believe to be the only inter-forum vehicle transaction ever. He even made it better once received, and we ate taco bell together with my dog.

The team has made it clear that they don't intend to step down from participation in the forum. Obviously we all get busy and aren't always active, but I don't believe anyone intends to call it quits.

Moving forward, I will go ahead and pay the fees. I have never run a forum before, so I don't know exactly what this entails, but it seems minimal. I would ask that anyone who would like to contribute sends me a simple PM stating you'd like to participate (feel free to mention in here as well). Once I get a handle on what the actual cost is, anyone interested could pay their share, which I imagine would be sub $10/year. If you would prefer not to pay, that is also OK with me. I won't hold you in any lesser esteem, nor should anyone else. In fact I am OK with paying all of it or as little of it as is made possible by other contributors.

As mentioned in the other thread, I think DFD should offer freedom of speech and ideas. The only exception to this, in my opinion, would be extreme personal attacks. We're here because we're friends, right? Let's act like that.

Finally, I have no real desire to be a "leader" here, I am stepping in as someone has to handle the admin side of it, and this group means enough to me that I'm willing to do that. If it seems to be too big a burden, I may try to bring on other mods.If people feel it imperative we have multiple mods, I am cool with that too. Don't say things that are hateful and I won't delete any shit. As far as I'm concerned, we are all equals here and all entitled to our own opinions and muses. That is all.
Would be curious where this goes in the next 30 days. That said, happy to contribute if this stays alive.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:55 pm Hey Everyone,

Would be curious where this goes in the next 30 days. That said, happy to contribute if this stays alive.
It is now already in my name... It looks like it is actually less than $15/month, will update as I know more.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m down to send my annual $10
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I'll be staying on-board to help with spam moderation duties.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 pm I’m down to send my annual $10
FWIW I think it will be less than $10... but I'm still looking into it. I will report back with the numbers.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I usually send and collect e-transfer to pay for shit, or get paid for condo rentals. Is that a thing between Canadian and American banks? I'm down to help cover some of the costs if a medium exists that is safe.

Thank you.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 pm I usually send and collect e-transfer to pay for shit, or get paid for condo rentals. Is that a thing between Canadian and American banks? I'm down to help cover some of the costs if a medium exists that is safe.

Thank you.
Snail mail him a couple of Toonies.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 pm I usually send and collect e-transfer to pay for shit, or get paid for condo rentals. Is that a thing between Canadian and American banks? I'm down to help cover some of the costs if a medium exists that is safe.

Thank you.
Snail mail him a couple of Toonies.
I'll throw in a nugget of chrons lol!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'm down to contribute both financial and time support, PM or email or text me Griff.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

How do we donate? Should add that info to the sticky post.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:34 am How do we donate? Should add that info to the sticky post.
Griff shared his mailing address in the other Co-Op thread. So some of us mailed him $. I think others may have used the sorcery of Venmo.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Update 12-14-2022

All, I have been paying for DFD for over three years now, since late 2019. I collected payment from nine of you totaling $170 back then. The cost is $14/month, so I'm a bit behind on the 'crowd funding', which is totally on me, I just haven't kept up with this!

I know times are tough, but if anyone has it in the goodness of their hearts to contribute, it would be a big help!

I can accept Venmo to @Dan-Griffin-12 (look for the photo of a douche in a C5), PayPal at dlloydgriffin@gmail.com, or checks/cash mailed to 711 Rome Ct, Charlotte, NC 28209.

Thanks for your consideration and cheers to more years at this weird but fun place!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sent some cheddar through PP
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Updates:

December 2022 Payments
Chris $100
Mario $50
Eric $50
Rudy $48
Max $20
Brandon (Sawce) $25
TK $70
Cale $69.69

Total: $433

Paid by Griff since last fund raiser ran out: $364

Now if I'm not paying anything, this leaves a six month window (plus whatever :wap: payment was).

Given all that I will set a reminder to dig back into this fall 2023 and probably do a similar fundraiser at that time.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:46 pm Updates:

December 2022 Payments
Chris $100
Mario $50
Eric $50
Rudy $48
Max $20
Brandon (Sawce) $25
TK $70
Cale $69.69

Now if I'm not paying anything, this leaves a six month window (plus whatever :wap: payment was).

Given all that I will set a reminder to dig back into this fall 2023 and probably do a similar fundraiser at that time.
I mailed it Friday so hopefully it'll arrive today.
:notsure:

Cale's contribution :zing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:46 pm Updates:

December 2022 Payments
Chris $100
Mario $50
Eric $50
Rudy $48
Max $20
Brandon (Sawce) $25
TK $70
Cale $69.69

It did indeed come in today's mail! You also gain presentation points alongside Cale :mahman: :megusta:

I will post a pic later.
max225

Wow someone used real, actual SNAIL MAIL?! :amazing:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:11 pm
wap wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:50 pm

It did indeed come in today's mail! You also gain presentation points alongside Cale :mahman: :megusta:

I will post a pic later.
:fuckyeah:. Glad you got it 👍
:lolol:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:58 pm Wow someone used real, actual SNAIL MAIL?! :amazing:
Yep. :wap:
max225

wap wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:09 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:58 pm Wow someone used real, actual SNAIL MAIL?! :amazing:
Yep. :wap:
True to form. :amazing: was a wax seal used as well ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

December 2022 Payments
Chris $100
Mario $50
Eric $50
Rudy $48
Max $20
Brandon (Sawce) $25
TK $70
Cale $69.69
WAP $60

Total: $493
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:14 pm December 2022 Payments
Chris $100
Mario $50
Eric $50
Rudy $48
Max $20
Brandon (Sawce) $25
TK $70
Cale $69.69
WAP $60

Total: $493
Marshal Zhukov, big spender.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.