OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dang. Hope your friend's ok. Everything that's being written here is saying that if you get a breakthrough case after having been vaccinated, you're much more likely to have a mild case and are almost guaranteed not to die. So there that.

Have fun, and be careful in Greece. Help fight dem fires!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:03 am Dang. Hope your friend's ok. Everything that's being written here is saying that if you get a breakthrough case after having been vaccinated, you're much more likely to have a mild case and are almost guaranteed not to die. So there that.

I'm :popcorn: on this whole "breakthrough" mindset. There should be some clear stats popping up to paint a more concise picture of the vaccine's protective properties in the next few months.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:03 am Dang. Hope your friend's ok. Everything that's being written here is saying that if you get a breakthrough case after having been vaccinated, you're much more likely to have a mild case and are almost guaranteed not to die. So there that.

She’s fine thankfully, but there’s almost no indications that she actually has it. And yes there is basically zero chance to get into icu if you’re vaccinated
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:20 am

I'm :popcorn: on this whole "breakthrough" mindset. There should be some clear stats popping up to paint a more concise picture of the vaccine's protective properties in the next few months.
My cousins in Athens went out to help, but told us that his part of Athens was fine. Still told us not to come to Athens
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

that info is being suppressed. Also California is doing weird shit now on covid reports. The data is much more difficult to read now and no longer reported daily. I’m kind of giving up.

This political charade has gotten so old.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Friend of mine posted this on his IG. He’s actively in the military too.

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:43 pm

that info is being suppressed. Also California is doing weird shit now on covid reports. The data is much more difficult to read now and no longer reported daily. I’m kind of giving up.

Or ignored.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

They won't be able to suppress it much longer, hopefully. If anything, it should help convince people like me who are on the fence on the subject. I suspect it does little to prevent contraction, and probably reduces severe symptoms. What i want to know is % of ER patients who are vaxxed vs unvaxxed for each age category. It's not a lot to ask, and we should all want to know this.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:28 pm

They won't be able to suppress it much longer, hopefully. If anything, it should help convince people like me who are on the fence on the subject. I suspect it does little to prevent contraction, and probably reduces severe symptoms. What i want to know is % of ER patients who are vaxxed vs unvaxxed for each age category. It's not a lot to ask, and we should all want to know this.
Right … love to see that info. But it’s Mia
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:37 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Of course. Last year they had to expose how bad it was, this year they have to cover it up to prove how great they are and can't give antivaxxers ammo.

Politicizing this has gotten really old. Just give the data and let people decide. :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Of course. Last year they had to expose how bad it was, this year they have to cover it up to prove how great they are and can't give antivaxxers ammo.

Politicizing this has gotten really old. Just give the data and let people decide. :rolleyes:
:dat: , these politicians all look like assholes anyways at this point. Let there be some honesty for once.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: same thing in VA, in Turkey its on the fucking daily, so Im used to that sort of organization of covid reports. :sad: that I can't see it like that.

Also one of my friends kept asking me how come cases go from 15k to 100k or the like in the US, so thats a little :mindblown: for me as I stood frozen and had to explain how its now weekly, like that :ludacris: no wonder people in DC go clubbing maskless, while NY and SF (based on one of my friends stories) party with masks.

On top of that, I was planning to go to Orlando for a seminar in 20th sept for that new jerb, but had to postpone, after a few phone call arguments cause the hotel meeting space has tried to negotiate it down for me so I can change my mind. No price will change shit for my safety.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm

:fax:

Funny how the Dems were pushing to not get the jab while Trump was in office because it would have been sped too quickly and they couldn’t trust it. Now they’re all clamoring for everyone to get the shot. :facepalm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Or ignored.
More likely :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm Of course. Last year they had to expose how bad it was, this year they have to cover it up to prove how great they are and can't give antivaxxers ammo.

Funny how the Dems were pushing to not get the jab while Trump was in office because it would have been sped too quickly and they couldn’t trust it. Now they’re all clamoring for everyone to get the shot. :facepalm:
No one on the left has ever made that push. You're making shit up, Doctor Trumpex.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

With all the new break out news, our .gov is deciding to open borders, and loosen many restrictions, including safety protocols at gyms. Let's get our spread on so we can all go into lockdown just as kids go back to school in September! Anyone who thinks that the government has their best interests in mind can kiss my ass.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:43 pm
Apex wrote:

No one on the left has ever made that push. You're making shit up, Doctor Trumpex.
My bad, the videos of the likes of Pelosi, AOC and the squad etc. are all wrong.

All hail Lord Biden!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:43 pm No one on the left has ever made that push. You're making shit up, Doctor Trumpex.
My bad, the videos of the likes of Pelosi, AOC and the squad etc. are all wrong.

All hail Lord Biden!
That's what your Fox News buddies claimed they said, not what they actually said. Unless of course I missed it, when did Pelosi and AOC go anti-vax? I certainly can't find the videos.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Baptist Health is treating nearly 390 patients for COVID-19, including more than 80 in the intensive care unit.
The hospital said over 99% of the people hospitalized have not been vaccinated. -News4Jax
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... ing-worse/

99% is an :impressive: stat! One can conclude two things, 1) the unvaxxed aren't actually killing the vaxxed yet :lol: , and 2) that the vaccines really are effectively protecting us.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:32 pm With all the new break out news, our .gov is deciding to open borders, and loosen many restrictions, including safety protocols at gyms. Let's get our spread on so we can all go into lockdown just as kids go back to school in September! Anyone who thinks that the government has their best interests in mind can kiss my ass.
So much this! Plus I have to be back in the US september as well, also I gained some pandemic weight and just going back to gym suck huge balls.

Not only that, my mom wears a mask, doesn't go to indoor weddings, eat indoors, partake in crowds and such but she is an anti-vaxxer. That is concerning for me because DC is :aintcare: at this point. My dad and I and pretty much anyone else gives so much shit to her, I mean they're :notwrong: I truly wanna get back to the gym badly and I know for sure I'll definitely rock a mask, which I have done at the hotel gym when theres more than 3 people. At that point the best thing I can do is strategize time, which means early in the morning (crack of dawn) when gyms are almost empty. Never after the after work rush hour and the like.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:13 am Baptist Health is treating nearly 390 patients for COVID-19, including more than 80 in the intensive care unit.
The hospital said over 99% of the people hospitalized have not been vaccinated. -News4Jax

99% is an :impressive: stat! One can conclude two things, 1) the unvaxxed aren't actually killing the vaxxed yet :lol: , and 2) that the vaccines really are effectively protecting us.
Theoretically the vaccine is like wearing a bulletproof vest, except its nowhere near life threatening to say the very least.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also fun little fact about pfizer and biontech, 7 months after the second dose, the vaccine will become 65% less effective
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:43 pm No one on the left has ever made that push. You're making shit up, Doctor Trumpex.

All hail Lord Biden!
I don't remember that, I just remember how hardcore libs were with getting data out to everyone. Now that they're "in control", data is hard to come by. The bullshit double standards from all sides is just :ayfkm:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:03 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:13 am Baptist Health is treating nearly 390 patients for COVID-19, including more than 80 in the intensive care unit.

Theoretically the vaccine is like wearing a bulletproof vest, except its nowhere near life threatening to say the very least.
This is a pretty good analogy, while you can still get shot and it will still hurt, you will ultimately be OK.

Anecdotally, I now personally know at least half a dozen fully vaccinated people who have contracted the 'VID. None of these people have been hospitalized.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

And here I sit in an office with anti-vaxxers.