OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I will be in and out of OT today, but would love to start the discussion on a positive note... in cases where a patient is feeling like they need medical attention has anyone on the forum heard of a drug/supplement that is effective in reducing the symptoms at this point?

Ideas presented so far are a refreshing tall glass of bleach :thankstrump: , but I'm :notsure:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Is it more deadly than the flu ? Chances of death post contraction.

Facts only, real question.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:42 am Is it more deadly than the flu ? Chances of death post contraction.

I have read that some people are hit with inflammation of the heart and lungs, blood clotting, and/or a similar phenomenon to Kawasaki disease in young kids. One guy who had it twice says he was asymptomatic completely the second time so to me it sounds like it depends a lot on how a person's body reacts to it, maybe based on if their immune system knows how to :dealwithit:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:42 am Is it more deadly than the flu ? Chances of death post contraction.

Far far far more deadly.

Current COVID mortality rate is about 4% and a "bad" flu season is about 0.1%
Can you back up that 4% with facts? This would require proper sample sizing of everyone who's gotten it, as the official Covid infection number is off by a factor of 4-10
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Can you back up that 4% with facts? This would require proper sample sizing of everyone who's gotten it, as the official Covid infection number is off by a factor of 4-10
Your assumption is incorrect as we don't do that sizing with the flu either. In fact, as a percentage far more symptomatic people are tested for COVID than the flu. So, while both might be over stated, it's far more overstated with the flu than with COVID.

To say otherwise is conspiracy. Period. And I'll delete it.

Have fun learning. The CDC is truly a decent source too but since you don't believe it I give you an alternative.

https://www.nejm.org/coronavirus
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... rveillance

Quote with facts. According to the CDC our infection rate is 9X higher than actual case count.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:26 pm

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... rveillance

Quote with facts. According to the CDC our infection rate is 9X higher than actual case count.
Anddddd? Did you look at my links at all? This takes no perspective into account (nor should it, but your question requires perspective).
I didn't because you disregarded my question. You quoted a 4% death rate, which i provided further facts to, as it seems :wrong: (provided link).
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am here for the mask on gang bang
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:31 pm

I didn't because you disregarded my question. You quoted a 4% death rate, which I have no back up for because your base is completely wrong, (provided link).

Bruh. If you're going to use the CDC, learn how to read the data.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/covid-19.htm

All you can go on is the reported rates, the same errors exist for the flu as covid and are likely HIGHER in the flu. COVID is approximately 40x as deadly. Period. This isnt up for debate here. It's not up for debate anywhere frankly, but people love to lie.
I read data for a living. So I'd like for you to explain to me how the 4% death rate works when the actual infection rate is 9x higher than the reported rate as per my earlier quoted link.

And yes this is obviously up for debate.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:38 pm

I read data for a living. So I'd like for you to explain to me how the 4% death rate works when the actual infection rate is 9x higher than the reported rate as per my earlier quoted link.

And yes this is obviously up for debate.
You don't work in the medical field, rates are calculated on diagnosed cases. Period.
So if someone was not diagnosed with it, it becomes irrelevant because a non diagnosed infection doesn't exist? Great logic to follow.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:45 pm

So if someone was not diagnosed with it, it becomes irrelevant because a non diagnosed infection doesn't exist? Great logic to follow.
That's how medical death rates work, flu and COVID and everything else. You know how people used to die of "natural causes" all the time back in the day then all of a sudden everyone died of cancer and heart attacks?

We know about 4% of diagnosed cases of COVID result in death. We know that less than .1% of diagnosed cases of flu result in death. We also know that for both there are a large number of cases undiagnosed and some deaths that are missed, that's irrelevant to how they do mortality rates of cases (you're welcome to think this is a bad system but it's the same system for cancer and covid and everything else). What it does tell us is the comparatively deadliness of different diseases, not the specific run rate of deaths. On that comparative basis we know COVID is approximately 40x as deadly as the flu.
Can't confirm or deny your assumption on the 40X as deadly. It seems like we need more time to further understand the final tally, as the unknowns can skew the data by enormous correction factors.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Can we not do this, yet again?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Y'all aren't being dicks.

I saw this heading down the path of yet another covid argument.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:popcorn:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Let me get my n95 mask first
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:45 pm

That's how medical death rates work, flu and COVID and everything else. You know how people used to die of "natural causes" all the time back in the day then all of a sudden everyone died of cancer and heart attacks?

We know about 4% of diagnosed cases of COVID result in death. We know that less than .1% of diagnosed cases of flu result in death. We also know that for both there are a large number of cases undiagnosed and some deaths that are missed, that's irrelevant to how they do mortality rates of cases (you're welcome to think this is a bad system but it's the same system for cancer and covid and everything else). What it does tell us is the comparatively deadliness of different diseases, not the specific run rate of deaths. On that comparative basis we know COVID is approximately 40x as deadly as the flu.
:dat:

I don't have time to dig for the articles and stuff sent me (will try to find them this evening) but I'm taking a lot of my data about this from someone with first hand experience. My brother in law is a head ER nurse at one of the largest level 1 trauma centers in the area, and we talk every couple days about this. Everything that they've seen in the ER with this disease 6+ months in shows that it's still going to get worse before it gets better. I know 2 people personally that have had it, and recovered, but are suffering severe effects after the fact. 2 of my wife's coworkers have had family die from it.

The fact that there's about 1/3 of this country that isn't taking this seriously is why we're in the fucked up mess that we are, and I'm honestly tired of it. My state is literally 'fend for yourself' with each county and/or city is doing their own thing because the state itself refuses to get involved.

[user not found], thank you for the link to NEJM, I'll try to dig through them in between meetings today; as much as this topic/debate pisses me off, I do want to try and be more knowledgeable about it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Despite my objections to it being completely unnecessary, HR and EHS have mandated that we put signage in the parking lots promoting social distancing between cars. So, I revised the corporate-approved signage with some Universal properties.

I thought about doing one with Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" keeping a 6ft distance from ticket sales.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:13 am Despite my objections to it being completely unnecessary, HR and EHS have mandated that we put signage in the parking lots promoting social distancing between cars. So, I revised the corporate-approved signage with some Universal properties.

I thought about doing one with Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" keeping a 6ft distance from ticket sales.
:lol: :like:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:13 am Despite my objections to it being completely unnecessary, HR and EHS have mandated that we put signage in the parking lots promoting social distancing between cars. So, I revised the corporate-approved signage with some Universal properties.
:like:
Did me a giggle.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dat Munstermobile! :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 pm Dat Munstermobile! :megusta:
That's actually Dragula...from an episode where they wanted to go drag Racing.

Here's the Munstermobile...

Both cars were designed and built by George Barris.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

FYI, there's a raging "debate" on the Dead Zone about Covfefe-19, with some :thankstrump: -loving retard named zrickety arguing that it's all :fakenews: and an ex military dr. or medic shooting down each :derp: comment with :science: . It's weirdly entertaining. At one point it devolved to them calling each other potato. :wtf:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph ... -2.376489/
120 pages of :rolleyes: since July. :lol:
Last edited by wap on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:32 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 pm Dat Munstermobile! :megusta:
That's actually Dragula...from an episode where they wanted to go drag Racing.

Here's the Munstermobile...

Both cars were designed and built by George Barris.
:ohdang: You're right! I think I remember that episode. :lol:
They're both awesome.
5/7 would DD the Munstermobile
Last edited by wap on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

Barris was some kind of mad genius.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm Barris was some kind of mad genius.
:dat:

Between the Munstermobile, Dragula, and batmobile Barris might be one of the most "famous" custom car designers ever. I love the TV shows from the 60s' that capitalized on custom car culture like that.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Derp