OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:58 pm Nah, you win. You have more money, therefore you're a better person.

Israel still has issues with only 57% of the population vaccinated, therefore vaccines don't work.

:science:
You can't win a single argument with facts and figures. It is quite sad, so you turn to emotions. Typical cuck move.
57% vaccination rate is not enough. No one has ever predicted that it would be enough. Israel still having problems is proving me right.

Meanwhile you continue to use insults instead of logic.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Fuck all ya mamas
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:08 pm Fuck all ya mamas
Why don't you go fly a kite, eh.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:58 pm Nah, you win. You have more money, therefore you're a better person.

Israel still has issues with only 57% of the population vaccinated, therefore vaccines don't work.

So you plan on vaccinating a 6 month old ? Why do you think most countries have capped out ? A big portion is due to the fact that the under 18/16 pop can’t get one. Which is mostly ok as that population has the lowest mortality of them all
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:

So you plan on vaccinating a 6 month old ? Why do you think most countries have capped out ? A big portion is due to the fact that the under 18/16 pop can’t get one. Which is mostly ok as that population has the lowest mortality of them all
Israel might be a war-torn country, but I don't think that 43% of their population is under 12 years old. I admittedly do not know that for a fact. General estimates for "enough" vaccinated range from 70 to 80 percent of the population. Is that enough to get everyone 12+ years old? I think so. It certainly is in this country if the stupid fuckers go get shots.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:06 pm
max225 wrote:
Israel might be a war-torn country, but I don't think that 43% of their population is under 12 years old. I admittedly do not know that for a fact. General estimates for "enough" vaccinated range from 70 to 80 percent of the population. Is that enough to get everyone 12+ years old? I think so. It certainly is in this country if the stupid fuckers go get shots.
About 27% of the population is between the ages of 0-14 there. So I am pretty sure they hit the goal notwithstanding those who weren't allowed to get vaxxed.

This whole thing went out of control but the whole point I was trying to make is that the vaccines seem to be losing efficacy.

STAY SAFE because the virus is breaking through, mask up distance etc.

I am making an apolitical statement, more of something I have observed by being a complete retard and watching the daily covid numbers over the last 18 months looking for patterns. Hell most if not every active poster here is vaxxed so it is completely pointless barking up this tree.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

*In early July, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said new data indicated that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths in the US were in unvaccinated people.

Out of more than 157 million fully vaccinated Americans, only 733 people had died of COVID-19 as of July 6, according to CDC data. At least 3,554 people had been hospitalized and survived. The CDC is no longer tracking mild breakthrough cases.

Thats 0.0004% death rate and 0.002% hospitalization rate. The rest of the people that get it (Approx 6% with Pfizer and Moderna and 33% with Johnson & Johnson (**real world figures state that is is actually closer to 15%) get only mild covid.

* https://www.businessinsider.com/people- ... ess-2021-5

** https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/02/com ... n-johnson/
Irish

I give zero fucks about getting mild covid. So I am going maskless everywhere I go. If I was asked to wear it I would and if the majority of people were wearing it someplace I would wear in deference to their apparent fear. But all the stores and public places in this area have signs on the door that state the CDC byline, No masks required if fully vaccinated.

I was still doing curbside pick up until about a month ago and I intitially wore masks well after being vaccinated because most people were still wearing masks...... But now I'd say 10% tops are sporting face coverings.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:58 am I give zero fucks about getting mild covid. So I am going maskless everywhere I go. If I was asked to wear it I would and if the majority of people were wearing it someplace I would wear in deference to their apparent fear. But all the stores and public places in this area have signs on the door that state the CDC byline, No masks required if fully vaccinated.

I was still doing curbside pick up until about a month ago and I intitially wore masks well after being vaccinated because most people were still wearing masks...... But now I'd say 10% tops are sporting face coverings.
I'm pretty much with you. My whole family has had it, we adults have been vaccinated, if we're not going to get back to normal now, when will we? I don't mask up now unless it's required, like going to a medical office or something. I'm back at the gym 5 days a week around a bunch of sweaty, heavy-breathing dudes 0FG. I do worry about the K-12 kids who haven't been vaccinated and will be in close proximity to one another largely starting next month, though.
max225

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:58 am I give zero fucks about getting mild covid. So I am going maskless everywhere I go. If I was asked to wear it I would and if the majority of people were wearing it someplace I would wear in deference to their apparent fear. But all the stores and public places in this area have signs on the door that state the CDC byline, No masks required if fully vaccinated.

I would caution here. We’re not sure what sort of “covid” you will get once these breakthrough cases really hit the fan in 3-4 weeks.

You have to exercise common sense around mask use. Outside in a park ? Probably useless. Inside a sweaty dirty gym, fuck yea I’m wearing it even though I’m the only one now. So it is what it is. Chart your own paths my dudes
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:52 am *In early July, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said new data indicated that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths in the US were in unvaccinated people.

Out of more than 157 million fully vaccinated Americans, only 733 people had died of COVID-19 as of July 6, according to CDC data. At least 3,554 people had been hospitalized and survived. The CDC is no longer tracking mild breakthrough cases.

Thats 0.0004% death rate and 0.002% hospitalization rate. The rest of the people that get it (Approx 6% with Pfizer and Moderna and 33% with Johnson & Johnson (**real world figures state that is is actually closer to 15%) get only mild covid.

:fax:
Thanks for posting this, Irish.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:52 am *In early July, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said new data indicated that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths in the US were in unvaccinated people.

You do realize that most died well before they are vaccinated. That death rate calc is completely incorrect.

In order to properly calc this you need to look at since full vaccination (say June 15th) how many with vaccine got breakthrough vs unvaccinated.
How many hospitalized vs unvaccinated. This data is NOT here yet, comparing that to a years worth of data of no one who was vaccinated and BEFORE DELTA is WRONG, it tells you nothing.

I did however post it from israel, where there are now more vaccinated people getting Covid than those who are unvaccinated.

This makes sense because most are vaccinated now... it also points to a grimmer picture that the vaccine efficacy against delta is insufficient without additional measures.
max225

Infections per capita. If you overlay the vaccination % over this, you will see a clear correlation between vaccine and decline in illnesses until June. Which clearly indicated incredible effectiveness against covid (as promised) before it mutated. Since June when Delta started spreading, and it clearly gives 0 fucks about the vaccine.
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:16 am Infections per capita. If you overlay the vaccination % over this, you will see a clear correlation between vaccine and decline in illnesses until June. Which clearly indicated incredibly effectiveness against covid before it mutated. Since June when Delta started spreading, and it clearly gives 0 fucks about the vaccine.
:thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Also to those of us wondering why I am posting about Israel and UK...

UK and europe tends to be about 3-4 weeks ahead of the US when it comes to the virus spread... (REMEMBER ITALY).

Israel because they vaccinated the vast majority of their population with the best available vaccine and essentially brought Initial variant covid cases to 0 from April>June.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:57 am Also to those of us wondering why I am posting about Israel and UK...

UK and europe tends to be about 3-4 weeks ahead of the US when it comes to the virus spread... (REMEMBER ITALY).

Israel because they vaccinated the vast majority of their population with the best available vaccine and essentially brought Initial variant covid cases to 0 from April>June.
Thank you for this effort, Max. I really enjoy and appreciate the updates.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:57 am Also to those of us wondering why I am posting about Israel and UK...

NP I am trying to keep this apolitical and down to facts/available public data. Because of our info is highly politicized on both sides.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:41 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 pm

NP I am trying to keep this apolitical and down to facts/available public data. Because of our info is highly politicized on both sides.
:like:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both Israel and the UK emphasized everyone getting at least one shot versus the US prioritizing the two-shot dosage for Pfizer and Moderna. I also think the Astra Zeneca vaccine is widely used in those areas, as well. I could be wrong on this, but if this is true, those are key differences between the two sides of the pond.

But this also lends to what I have been saying for a few months now that my concern with those who don't get vaccinated and act like they have are now risking the virus mutating into something that the vaccines are no longer effective against. At least with the Delta variant, it seems like the vaccines are still effective at preventing deaths and hospitalizations.
Irish

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:02 am

You do realize that most died well before they are vaccinated. That death rate calc is completely incorrect.

In order to properly calc this you need to look at since full vaccination (say June 15th) how many with vaccine got breakthrough vs unvaccinated.
How many hospitalized vs unvaccinated. This data is NOT here yet, comparing that to a years worth of data of no one who was vaccinated and BEFORE DELTA is WRONG, it tells you nothing.

I did however post it from israel, where there are now more vaccinated people getting Covid than those who are unvaccinated.

This makes sense because most are vaccinated now... it also points to a grimmer picture that the vaccine efficacy against delta is insufficient without additional measures.
The cited death rate number of 733 was for fully vaccinated people......NOT people who died before they were vaccinated.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I thought we were talking from a perspective of our behavior after being vaccinated. Breakthrough infection does not equal death or even hospitalization.

True, its early..... but I would be curious to see numbers on the death and hospitalization rate of breaktrough Delta Variant
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Here is where the hot spots are right now in the US, mostly driven by Delta:

And despite the rise of infections in the UK, deaths are still down:
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:05 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both Israel and the UK emphasized everyone getting at least one shot versus the US prioritizing the two-shot dosage for Pfizer and Moderna. I also think the Astra Zeneca vaccine is widely used in those areas, as well. I could be wrong on this, but if this is true, those are key differences between the two sides of the pond.

But this also lends to what I have been saying for a few months now that my concern with those who don't get vaccinated and act like they have are now risking the virus mutating into something that the vaccines are no longer effective against. At least with the Delta variant, it seems like the vaccines are still effective at preventing deaths and hospitalizations.
UK initially yes. They were struggling and they also using a lot of Astra Zeneca which is an inferior vaccine similar to J&J.

Israel was pretty gungho about doing both doses.
max225

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:11 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:02 am

The cited death rate number of 733 was for fully vaccinated people......NOT people who died before they were vaccinated.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I thought we were talking from a perspective of our behavior after being vaccinated. Breakthrough infection does not equal death or even hospitalization.

True, its early..... but I would be curious to see numbers on the death and hospitalization rate of breaktrough Delta Variant
Let me explain.

Most cases happened from March-2020>February 2021. 80% of the cases or so. Then another 2-4 week lag for deaths... So Obviously that happened to be the time frame when no one was vaccinated (63 MIL doses administered by Feb 21, data here https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... ion-trends 336M doses admintisered as of now... 6X the rate ... so approximately 10% of the population was vaccinated by feb when most of the deaths were done).

So quoting a "death rate" from that time and comparing it from a time when 60% of the country was vaccinated with a nearly irradiated variant is false.

I am trying to point out not that the vaccines are infective period. Which is a FALSE statement. They are HIGHLY effective against everything prior to Delta as indicated by the evidence of decrease in cases and deaths commensurate with the increase in vaccinations.

However This is NEW news... Staring JUNE we're seeing incredibly high numbers of BREAKTHROUGH cases that avoid the vaccine. The side effects of which are still not KNOWN. It is improper to take the entire prior covid situation and devide it through the 2 weeks of breakthrough data. Because it is now a DIFFERENT COVID that does not respond well to vaccines.

My prediction and you can quote me on this later. It will NOT be a spike as bad as prior (Nov>FEB) however it will be significant enough and it will cause MANY hospitalizations and deaths at nearly the same rates as before but not to the same level.

Prior numbers
I.e if 1000 people get sick
10 people get hospitalized
2 people die

Current spike
500 people get sick
4 hospitalized
1 death

Let me know if the above example makes sense.
max225

Also one thing to keep in mind winters are far more dangerous for Covid/Flu spread as immune systems are weaker and more time is spent in doors. The fact that is spreading this rapidly in the summer+ in a highly vaccinated society is incredibly concerning.

My advise to all, protect yourselves NOW not 2-4 weeks from now when we will certainly see a spike in cases and it will be too late.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I wear a condom day and night, I can't do much more to protect myself.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.