OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:06 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 pm

I thought the new regime was more caring and sensitive to the lives lost then the old regime of tyrants who allowed "200k" deaths to happen under their tyrannical watch. Politicians playing games as always, and the public laps it up, as always.
Yep … I hate those guys.
It's infuriating to the 9th degree.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

People here were ready to lynch our Democrat governor if he didn't reopen the state ... of course I live in Rural PA which are predominantly Trumpers....

Its 75/25% Masks/no masks right now in the stores.... I was wearing them for a while in deference to those who are un vaccinated but i finally gave into the herd.....
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:30 pm

:nice:

The old USofA is full send now.
We went to full send fast. :thisisfine:
The thing is that the guidelines drew distinctions between vaccinated and unvaccinated people, but people have decided to ignore that little detail.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So I just got my 2nd shot yesterday.
I vaccine shopped (Pfizer) and waited it out... there is a giant gym next to me that has been converted to a 5G distribution center... they even do walk ins.
I was the only person in there ... 1200 person capacity i was the only one... 3 weeks ago... bunch of people just sitting around and doing nothing in there.

Jab 1. SUCKED.
My arm felt like I got into a fight with a linebacker.. hurt like a bitch for 72 hrs... and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I couldn't sleep on my left side for 2 nights and easy tasks like even lifting the arm HURT like a SOB.
I felt like I was slightly feverish for about 18 hrs after the shot.
My heart was racing for 48 hrs straight as if I was doing some drugs or had too much coffee. << This part really sucked.

Jab 2. Fine
Got it yesterday. Arm hurt like 1/4 of the first one
Elevated heart rate again.... :wtf: but this time for 12 hrs only
day 2... I am seemingly completely fine.

Overall... I think there is a lot more to this shit that they are not telling us. I am :notsure: wtf is going on with the heart crap, but it seems to be a side effect for a lot of "younger men" even though I am slightly above that age group.

I am not super happy I got it, and I will continue to mask up, because it is SHIT effective against the current variants as expected.
Only reason I got this stupid shot is so that I get around Office/Travel restrictions.

I wish us all who got it the best but I hope we don't end up like the Gulf War vets after their unproven vaccines.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:13 pm So I just got my 2nd shot yesterday.
I vaccine shopped (Pfizer) and waited it out... there is a giant gym next to me that has been converted to a 5G distribution center... they even do walk ins.
I was the only person in there ... 1200 person capacity i was the only one... 3 weeks ago... bunch of people just sitting around and doing nothing in there.

Jab 1. SUCKED.
My arm felt like I got into a fight with a linebacker.. hurt like a bitch for 72 hrs... and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I couldn't sleep on my left side for 2 nights and easy tasks like even lifting the arm HURT like a SOB.
I felt like I was slightly feverish for about 18 hrs after the shot.
My heart was racing for 48 hrs straight as if I was doing some drugs or had too much coffee. << This part really sucked.

Jab 2. Fine
Got it yesterday. Arm hurt like 1/4 of the first one
Elevated heart rate again.... :wtf: but this time for 12 hrs only
day 2... I am seemingly completely fine.

Overall... I think there is a lot more to this shit that they are not telling us. I am :notsure: wtf is going on with the heart crap, but it seems to be a side effect for a lot of "younger men" even though I am slightly above that age group.

I am not super happy I got it, and I will continue to mask up, because it is SHIT effective against the current variants as expected.
Only reason I got this stupid shot is so that I get around Office/Travel restrictions.

I wish us all who got it the best but I hope we don't end up like the Gulf War vets after their unproven vaccines.
Better you get it now before Biden sends his stormtroopers door to door injecting everyone.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am Got actual confirmation from my one sister that she won't be attending our wedding reception in September because we are requiring guests to be vaccinated to attend. My other sister just won't talk to us at all.
Opening for a :melon: ?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 am We went to full send fast. :thisisfine:
The CDC before recommending that vaccinated persons don't need to wear masks.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:22 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am Got actual confirmation from my one sister that she won't be attending our wedding reception in September because we are requiring guests to be vaccinated to attend. My other sister just won't talk to us at all.
I mean, we have had 22 declines so far.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:23 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:22 pm

I mean, we have had 22 declines so far.
Pretty sure you have more declines than I’d get acceptances. :notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

We had zero declines. In fact, we had more people show up than RSVP'd. :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:impressive:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 pm We had zero declines. In fact, we had more people show up than RSVP'd. :disgust:
This does not surprise me one bit....
max225

wap wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 pm We had zero declines. In fact, we had more people show up than RSVP'd. :disgust:
That’s really weird.

Planned for 20 people and 20 showed up. No issues here.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:49 pm
That’s really weird.

At a certain level of intimacy you can bat 1000. Inviting your 5 best friends instead of your Great Aunt Ruth from the banished Zhukovs of Punxsutawney.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:49 pm
That’s really weird.

We got 120 yes's. Then, as dinner was being served, a step-cousin of :tits: and her husband showed up and awkwardly walked around the hall looking for a place to sit, which of course there was none. We had the wait staff set 2 more place settings at their parent's table and they them squeezed in. :ayfkm: :really:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?

I am saying we will go into some sort of lockdown soon. Local cases are spiking all over.... vaxxed and non vaxxed alike.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?
Yes and Yes. Stupid fucking people are trying to kill us off.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:43 am
max225 wrote:So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?
Why did we ease restrictions then?
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:42 am So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?

I am saying we will go into some sort of lockdown soon. Local cases are spiking all over.... vaxxed and non vaxxed alike.
Have the doctors and nurses been practicing their choreography for the delta variant? If so, then definitely another lockdown. Hell, Biden’s already said he supports locking down again.
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:01 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:42 am So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?

Have the doctors and nurses been practicing their choreography for the delta variant? If so, then definitely another lockdown. Hell, Biden’s already said he supports locking down again.
We had 1k... cases for 6 weeks give or take 500... yesterday 5000! Yippiee positivity spiking from under 1% to 3% also...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:46 am

I want to know this too. Restrictions eased overnight it seemed, and now the predicted :nuke: is starting. The story all along was lockdowns were to prevent overwhelming the healthcare system and opening up under 100% vaccinated would be OK because the system can handle that. I guess we're going to test what the system can handle.

But since all of this has become political for some stupid reason, the new administration has to prove how great it is at eradicating the virus, so just more hiding the truth and :wtf: will be the norm.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:46 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:46 am

I want to know this too. Restrictions eased overnight it seemed, and now the predicted :nuke: is starting. The story all along was lockdowns were to prevent overwhelming the healthcare system and opening up under 100% vaccinated would be OK because the system can handle that. I guess we're going to test what the system can handle.

But since all of this has become political for some stupid reason, the new administration has to prove how great it is at eradicating the virus, so just more hiding the truth and :wtf: will be the norm.
Since the prior administration has "The blood of 500k deaths on their hands" I will be curious to hear the spin on the subsequent events. I am willing to be it will be blamed on "Unvaccinated, and New variants". Which to me is utter nonsense. We KNEW THIS VIRUS WOULD MUTATE. WE KNEW THE VACCINES WOULDN'T BE EFFECTIVE. Why did we change it all up overnight... sigh... stupidity.

We either accept this as something like the flu and move on or we stop this stupendous finger pointing.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Local lockdowns could/should be a thing in areas testing the medical systems.

Case counts in most places, generally speaking, are lower than they were last summer, and much lower than the yuuge spike over the winter.

Getting vaccinated significantly reduces the likely hood of catching, spreading it, going to the hospital, and ultimately dying from it.

If people don't want to get vaxed :ohwell: :pouroneout:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Since the prior administration has "The blood of 500k deaths on their hands" I will be curious to hear the spin on the subsequent events. I am willing to be it will be blamed on "Unvaccinated, and New variants". Which to me is utter nonsense. We KNEW THIS VIRUS WOULD MUTATE. WE KNEW THE VACCINES WOULDN'T BE EFFECTIVE. Why did we change it all up overnight... sigh... stupidity.

We either accept this as something like the flu and move on or we stop this stupendous finger pointing.
It is effective against Delta. Less so, but it's still pretty dang effective.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:

Because you can't fix stupid without going full authoritarian: keeping a secure federal database of vaxxed people (tied to social security numbers) and requiring it for air travel, public school attendance, government jobs, driver's licenses, and receiving any government benefits...

BUT MAH RATS!