OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I also agree that restrictions should have stayed in place for all for longer. The threat of variants is real, and opening up to everyone like it never happened is just going to create a breeding ground for variants to emerge and start us all back at ground zero.

While easing restrictions for vaccinated people only is a great idea in theory, it's impossible to enforce/implement. Even if there was a national database for tracking, is the expectation that workers at stores, restaurants, etc will need to stand at the front door and filter people? :lolgasm: :yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm It's obviously not enough "retarded restrictions" if people still aren't getting shots, no?

There are 2 options as I see it: keep adding restrictions until everyone gets shots, or open it up and let everyone play Russian roulette for the rest of time because we believe in freedom over medicine.

Got a compromised immune system? Too bad, you get to die so that Max can go to Hawaii.
My $0.02

It's the same with various strains of the flu. Some get hit hard, others experience a 1/7 basic ass fever symptoms, and others end up with long covid. Getting everyone vaxxed won't help, because like the flu this virus will keep changing. If a person is compromised and worried, they should get the vaccines that come out seasonally to help keep them from getting seriously sick. This mutant didn't come from the USA, it came from India and S.America from what I've heard. What you gonna do, vaccinate all 1.2 billion Indians every year?
What leads you to believe vaccines won't help for this while they have for so many other diseases, Dr Spin? Heard of anyone with polio lately?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

4 words: government incompetence.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:02 pm I also agree that restrictions should have stayed in place for all for longer. The threat of variants is real, and opening up to everyone like it never happened is just going to create a breeding ground for variants to emerge and start us all back at ground zero.

While easing restrictions for vaccinated people only is a great idea in theory, it's impossible to enforce/implement. Even if there was a national database for tracking, is the expectation that workers at stores, restaurants, etc will need to stand at the front door and filter people? :lolgasm: :yeahok:
Trot that out next time you're hanging out with Colonel Flag at the lake.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:43 am
max225 wrote:So ya'll what's happening... are we pretending that Covid is not a thing anymore if we're vaccinated ? And or blaming those who aren't for spreading it?
Yes and Yes. Stupid fucking people are trying to kill us off.
The vast majority of new cases in Illinois are the Delta variant and unvaccinated people downstate in the Trumpiest counties that border Missouri. :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm
Tarspin wrote:
My $0.02

It's the same with various strains of the flu. Some get hit hard, others experience a 1/7 basic ass fever symptoms, and others end up with long covid. Getting everyone vaxxed won't help, because like the flu this virus will keep changing. If a person is compromised and worried, they should get the vaccines that come out seasonally to help keep them from getting seriously sick. This mutant didn't come from the USA, it came from India and S.America from what I've heard. What you gonna do, vaccinate all 1.2 billion Indians every year?
What leads you to believe vaccines won't help for this while they have for so many other diseases, Dr Spin? Heard of anyone with polio lately?
Because it changes seasonally, and the airports will stay open so you can do whatever you like, the entire planet won't get vaccinated yearly, and the virus will continue to show up.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm What leads you to believe vaccines won't help for this while they have for so many other diseases, Dr Spin? Heard of anyone with polio lately?
Because it changes seasonally, and the airports will stay open so you can do whatever you like, the entire planet won't get vaccinated yearly, and the virus will continue to show up.
:dat: man gets it
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:56 pm So ignoring .gov policy, what are all you cats doing on the day to day? I still bring a mask as EDC and pretty much do case by case basis. If I can maintain a big radius around myself, I skip it. My grocery store is full of olds who mask even though vaxxed. So I mask there. I also mask at all checkout stands where employees are masked either by policy or by choice.

My biggest cheat has been at the gym...........and I've decided to change that. At first super low patronage after the reopen, but sometimes there are just too many young, unmasked people too close together for my liking.

I dunno. Once you throw out "muh rights" this is all a scientific shitshow that nobody really knows the answers to.
We pretty much do this. Mask up in grocery stores/other stores. No mask at restaurants, though we have mostly eaten outside at restaurants since the reopening last month. We've resumed visiting small numbers of vaxxed friends in our homes. It's time to let Darwin do his work now, IMO, which is also now our policy at work. 75% of us are vaxxed. The balance are on their own if they get sick and are encouraged to continue to wear full PPE.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Careless Whisper came out the year I was born. 1985.
I'm more concerned about that these days, thanks vaccines.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:56 pm So ignoring .gov policy, what are all you cats doing on the day to day? I still bring a mask as EDC and pretty much do case by case basis. If I can maintain a big radius around myself, I skip it. My grocery store is full of olds who mask even though vaxxed. So I mask there. I also mask at all checkout stands where employees are masked either by policy or by choice.

My biggest cheat has been at the gym...........and I've decided to change that. At first super low patronage after the reopen, but sometimes there are just too many young, unmasked people too close together for my liking.

I dunno. Once you throw out "muh rights" this is all a scientific shitshow that nobody really knows the answers to.
We pretty much do this. Mask up in grocery stores/other stores. No mask at restaurants, though we have mostly eaten outside at restaurants since the reopening last month. We've resumed visiting small numbers of vaxxed friends in our homes. It's time to let Darwin do his work now, IMO, which is also now our policy at work. 75% of us are vaxxed. The balance are on their own if they get sick and are encouraged to continue to wear full PPE.
How would you characterize this demographic?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm What leads you to believe vaccines won't help for this while they have for so many other diseases, Dr Spin? Heard of anyone with polio lately?
There's no reason to believe that we can't get this under control without that happening. Except for people being too stupid to get vaccinated...

So we're fucked.

Max, I hope you end up with a compromised immune system some day for your ridiculing of those people taking things seriously. It'll be interesting to see how you feel when it's your own health on the line.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:32 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:25 pm

How would you characterize this demographic?
At my work specifically? Swallowers of :fakenews: mostly. A few who cite :jesus: reasons :rolleyes: . But most afraid of "imbedded chips", "widespread unreported deaths from the vaccine", "vaccine not around or tested enough", etc. :yeahok: :facepalm: :ayfkm: :really:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Tarspin wrote:
There's no reason to believe that we can't get this under control without that happening. Except for people being too stupid to get vaccinated...

So we're fucked.

Max, I hope you end up with a compromised immune system some day for your ridiculing of those people taking things seriously. It'll be interesting to see how you feel when it's your own health on the line.
I hope you do too as well as covid as well as all of your loved ones.

Not sure how you decide to spew bs my way when I’m stating that we need measures in place because vaccines aren’t working. But you do you useless boo
troyguitar

max225 wrote: someone who sits at home scared for their life
Not the first time you've shit on me for taking this seriously, just the first time today since you apparently already forgot...

Fuck you, Max.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:12 pm
max225 wrote: someone who sits at home scared for their life
Not the first time you've shit on me for taking this seriously, just the first time today since you apparently already forgot...

Fuck you, Max.
You shit on me I shit on you. Get a real job and don’t hide behind your wife if you want to be a real man. Otherwise you get treated like the useless waste of air that you are.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:popcorn:
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:12 pm Not the first time you've shit on me for taking this seriously, just the first time today since you apparently already forgot...

Fuck you, Max.
You shit on me I shit on you. Get a real job and don’t hide behind your wife if you want to be a real man.
I asked where you got your information, that's not an insult... Why do you refuse to enlighten us with your wisdom, Doctor? I provided the studies that you asked about in support of my position, and in response you insult me and my family.

Great argument, jackass.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Tarspin wrote:

So we're fucked.

U checked the vaccination rate in India? They aren't ever getting the whole population, and thats just one country. Airports need to stay tight as a drum, Vax rates locally need to be above 60%, and they should lock down outbreaks regionally. People in highly populated areas might as well move now if they want to get out of their houses, this is likely going to be something that humans will need to adapt to, and yes, the death count will stay high. Closing down the world will soon lead to the same thing, but add hyperinflation and widespread poverty.
troyguitar

It's also funny to hear this "real man" talk from someone whose wife makes, what, 3x what he does? Methinks he doth protest too much.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Maskless, generally NFG. We generally avoid crowds - which wasn't different in how we acted before the pandemic. Maskless in hardware, grocery stores, etc. I shop in the early morning when crowds are light. I can't think of any place that we go to where they're asking for vaccinated people to wear masks, but if a business elects to ask all guests wear masks, I'll oblige NFG.

Mask usage is probably 10%-ish among the general population. 38% is fully vaccinated :thisisfine:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 pm
max225 wrote:
You shit on me I shit on you. Get a real job and don’t hide behind your wife if you want to be a real man.
I asked where you got your information, that's not an insult... Why do you refuse to enlighten us with your wisdom, Doctor? I provided the studies that you asked about in support of my position, and in response you insult me and my family.

Great argument, jackass.
I told you, and apparently you still can't read. ISREAL DATA IS SHOWING 64% effectiveness is JUNE. And that's already a month old data. Vaccines are turning a lot less effective and cases in the US as spiking... cases in Israel are spiking. If you can't put two and two together there is no helping you. Then again that's not a surprise, given the fact that we're even having this argument.

Israel's health ministry said in a statement earlier this week that it had seen efficacy of Pfizer's vaccine drop from more than 90% to about 64% as the B.1.617.2 or Delta variant spread.
I trust this country/study as they are APOLITICAL when it comes to this and they secured the best vaccine and vaccinated the majority of their country the quickest. And they had some of the strictest lock down rules as well.

Let me use a bigger font to help you be less blind.
Israel's health ministry said in a statement earlier this week that it had seen efficacy of Pfizer's vaccine drop from more than 90% to about 64% as the B.1.617.2 or Delta variant spread.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccinated ... 1624624326
TEL AVIV—About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer Inc. vaccine, prompting the government to reimpose an indoor mask requirement and other measures to contain the highly transmissible strain.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:39 pm It's also funny to hear this "real man" talk from someone whose wife makes, what, 3x what he does? Methinks he doth protest too much.
I have a higher net worth than her and while her job in fact is higher paying we are not equal in assets and are not projected to be for another 3-4 years. But keep em coming cuck boy.
max225

And if you really want to play this game. Here is tweet straight from the horses mouth. Since that other article... as of LAST week 4:1 ratio of vaccinated vs non vaccinated getting the new strain. Good luck don't say I didn't warn ya. Good luck thinking vaccines are the end all answer.

troyguitar

Nah, you win. You have more money, therefore you're a better person.

Israel still has issues with only 57% of the population vaccinated, therefore vaccines don't work.

:science:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:58 pm Nah, you win. You have more money, therefore you're a better person.

Israel still has issues with only 57% of the population vaccinated, therefore vaccines don't work.

:science:
You can't win a single argument with facts and figures. It is quite sad, so you turn to emotions. Typical cuck move.