OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am And here I sit in an office with anti-vaxxers.
Delta variant doesn’t care either way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:28 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am And here I sit in an office with anti-vaxxers.
Delta variant doesn’t care either way.
Ehh, at least now I won't die.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:33 am Also fun little fact about pfizer and biontech, 7 months after the second dose, the vaccine will become 65% less effective
Has this been confirmed yet? I mean, it's barely been 7 months since people started getting vaccinated in any significant numbers...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:disgust:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:33 am Also fun little fact about pfizer and biontech, 7 months after the second dose, the vaccine will become 65% less effective
Has this been confirmed yet? I mean, it's barely been 7 months since people started getting vaccinated in any significant numbers...
:notsure: its more of a rumor than an official fact. My cousin got vaccinated last October, has flew to Turkey, Greece and back to Turkey, then US. Got tested multiple times as required, always negative. No symptoms has been indicated whatsoever.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I live with an antivaxxer if that makes you feel any better. :disgust:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It doesn't :lolol: Godspeed to both of us.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

It’s all outta our hands now… :doomed:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Copypasta

max225

We should really vaccinate against Pneumonia.

:lolgasm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:16 pm It doesn't :lolol: Godspeed to both of us.
:thisisfine: I’m kind of like :caspian: :crang: mode till I get tested on Friday.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:54 pm Image
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:32 pm We should really vaccinate against Pneumonia.

My mother doesn't trust the COVID vaccine because "it was rushed and who knows what will happen down the line". She's worried my sister and I are going to have issues as we age from it. Her doctor convinced her to get the pneumonia vaccine instead, and she did.

Honestly, it should keep her from dying. IIRC, most COVID related deaths are from pneumonia.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

https://news.yahoo.com/less-0-01-percen ... p_catchall

This is a fascinating article. Once you get past the BULLSHIT headline.
People aged 65 or older experienced the bulk, about 74 percent, of the reported severe breakthrough infections. About 21 percent of the approximately 1,500 people who died after contracting COVID after vaccination were reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID, the CDC confirmed.
Death ratios are nearly identical between the vaccinated and non vaccinated.

While 10,262 total vaccine breakthrough infections were reported to the CDC from 46 U.S. states and territories as of April 30, 2021, still only a fraction of these cases proved to be life-threatening or reason to seek emergency medical attention. Nearly 3,000 of these vaccine breakthrough infections were asymptomatic, 995 resulted in hospitalization, and 160 resulted in death.
1:10 go to the hospital. Per this ... So yea this whole thing points towards the vaccinated and non vaccinated having incredibly similar hospitalization and death statistics if you don't twist the :math:
max225

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e3.htm

Link to actual CDC study. Of course no one is actually talking about this... because :fakenews:

One thing to point out however that data is back from April, Which is prior to the Delta variant which may or may not skew the numbers further. But that is the first time I have actually seen breakthrough data that is reliable.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:58 pm
Apex wrote:
My bad, the videos of the likes of Pelosi, AOC and the squad etc. are all wrong.

All hail Lord Biden!
That's what your Fox News buddies claimed they said, not what they actually said. Unless of course I missed it, when did Pelosi and AOC go anti-vax? I certainly can't find the videos.

Here's a montage of all sorts of prominent people from the left doubting it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My FIL has been having heart pains for the last week, he's in the hospital for testing now that it's getting worse. I can't help thinking he's experiencing inflammation of his heart, a "rare" condition only being seen in under 30 yr old males :yeahok:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ditis.html

So this is old news.

To date, through one degree of separation, I know five people who had a heart attack after being vaxxed, three died, two are recovering.

My FIL seems to be okay, and is being monitored, so I think that his risks are low ATM.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:23 pm My FIL has been having heart pains for the last week, he's in the hospital for testing now that it's getting worse. I can't help thinking he's experiencing inflammation of his heart, a "rare" condition only being seen in under 30 yr old males :yeahok:
I posted about this a while back … I had a pretty bad reaction to the vaccine… my heart rate was elevated for 72 hrs each time. If I had a weak heart or something of the matter i would be really concerned
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:23 pm My FIL has been having heart pains for the last week, he's in the hospital for testing now that it's getting worse. I can't help thinking he's experiencing inflammation of his heart, a "rare" condition only being seen in under 30 yr old males :yeahok:
I posted about this a while back … I had a pretty bad reaction to the vaccine… my heart rate was elevated for 72 hrs each time. If I had a weak heart or something of the matter i would be really concerned
Yeah, it's concerning. So far he's had a number of tests and everything is coming back normal. :notsure: what to thing about this yet.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 pm
I had an elevated heart rate for 7-8 weeks after getting covid and actually went to get an echocardiogram to make sure my heart wasn’t fucked as a result. Would not recommend.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

MrH42 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:17 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:58 pm That's what your Fox News buddies claimed they said, not what they actually said. Unless of course I missed it, when did Pelosi and AOC go anti-vax? I certainly can't find the videos.

Here's a montage of all sorts of prominent people from the left doubting it.
A bit of context from when many of these statements were made:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/22/bid ... messaging/

I certainly wouldn’t call their statements anti-vax. Certainly political posturing based on Trump’s rhetoric during the time.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

:lol: Why are you bending over backwards to try and justify that? It's total trash, not nuanced "political posturing". No context is needed. Stop excusing bad behavior just because it's from your tribe of choice.